Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: I DO! I DO!  (Read 81688 times)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
Re:I DO! I DO!
« Reply #300 on: January 03, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »

Push......
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #301 on: January 03, 2005, 10:36:05 PM »

Now a band called Bowling For Soup is playing on the Jay Leno Show. My mom says that she is intrigued by the lead singer's haircut.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #302 on: January 03, 2005, 10:42:07 PM »

Thank you everyone. Since I don't think I can top that picture, I think I am going to go to bed. :) Good night!
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #303 on: January 03, 2005, 10:52:44 PM »

Did I not predict Huge Posting numbers today? My gypsy blood. I read palms, too. We have one in the front yard.

Panni

« Reply #304 on: January 03, 2005, 11:03:07 PM »

No hot chocolate for me, and no wooden chicken either. But on the weekend I bought myself - impulsively - a twig deer (reduced by 40 percent to about $25) in Lucknow, Ontario.

A twig deer sounds nice. I've posted photos in the past of my two sheep (older than DD). I used to have lots of wooden cows, but they're gone (went home). I have a few robots now and some owls. I'll have the chicken soon, one way or the other.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #305 on: January 03, 2005, 11:07:30 PM »

Good Evening!

DR Joey - That "pic" made my night!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  -That's three "Thank you's"!!!  -Well, now that's four, so..

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #306 on: January 03, 2005, 11:10:07 PM »

I don't know about everyone else, but my hot chocolate has turned out to be particularly delish.  True, there is no whipped cream or almond biscotti, but the unadorned cup of cocoa I have here is hitting the spot.

Hmmm... DR Dan (the Man)... Was that you I heard out on my back porch then a little while ago?...

(This will make sense in my next post if it doesn't already.)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #307 on: January 03, 2005, 11:21:12 PM »

At last my arm is complete again!

Final count: 7 dozen Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip-Pecan-Toffee Cookies; 12 dozen cantuccini (Almond Biscotti)

Whew!  It felt so good to be back in the kitchen again.  It really has been a long time since I've done some major baking - I think I only cooked once during Children of Eden and that was most likely the last time I baked anything - and that was back in April-May!

There was one casualty.  My matching blue Kitchen Aid spatula snapped in half while I was trying to mix up the biscotti dough.  It was a clean break, right at the "joint", and, actually, I was still able to use the spatula end.  It was almost like a form-fitted dough cutter.  It worked very well.  -I may have to investigate a patent.  ;)

I also had one minor emergency.  The maple syrup I had in the cupboard had gone bad.  I didn't realize maple syrup could go bad, but it did.  My usual grocery store closes at 10:00, but the Kroger across the street stays open till 11:00 - I was in the parking lot by 10:10.  Plenty of time.

I was going to make some peanut butter cookies too, but I decided what I had made was enough for now.  If I wake up early enough, I may make a batch in the morning - they mix together very quickly since the recipe calls for melting the butter.  We'll see.

But now I have plenty of goodies for the cast, and some other friends and family.

I'm a bit tired right now, but it's a good tired.  All the dishes are washed, and I even washed a set of storage canisters that have been waiting to be washed for the past few months.  Before heading to bed, I'll bag up the cookies - I just like to make sure they're totally cool - as opposed to "totally kewl" - before I store them.

And my foot feels fine too.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #308 on: January 03, 2005, 11:25:05 PM »

The cookie post will be a fine one to take to bed with me - in my head, that is. I'm tired and am hitting the sack early. You all can fill in the part about what did the sack do to deserve....
G'night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #309 on: January 03, 2005, 11:26:52 PM »

I would like some hot chocolate right now too, but... 1) I have no milk in the house, 2) the Aztec Cocoa mix I bought last week is up in Fairfax, and 3), I need some time away from the oven/stove right now.  ;)

-But I did have some chocolate ice cream earlier that had a marshmallow swirl in it - along with pieces of chocolate-covered graham crackers.  S'mores, Please!  :)

And speaking of marshmallows - Have any DRs ever tried to make homemade marshmallows?  I did once when I was in high school.  It was out of the Jell-O Cookbook.  Basically, it was Jell-O that was beaten until you couldn't beat any more.  -I almost burned out the motor on my Mom's hand mixer.  Now that I have a stand mixer, I'm tempted to make some, but I'm always a bit wary when working with hot sugar syrup since I'd have to make an Italian meringue... But that's another topic and another recipe for another day...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #310 on: January 03, 2005, 11:28:36 PM »

-Oh, and the apartment smells wonderful right now... cinnamon, almonds, hint of chocolate, sugar, butter... Hmm...  Sweet dreams tonight for sure!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #311 on: January 03, 2005, 11:30:33 PM »

And we passed the 300 mark today too!

Well, January 3rd - 300+ posts...

Does that mean, tomorrow, January 4th, we have to have 400+ posts?  is that the way it works?

:D

-Something tells me I may have dishpan brain at this point and time now too.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2005, 11:31:54 PM »

Jose, I don't believe any cookies or biscottis have shown up here in LA in the mail environment.  

What was the name I used to call you during rehearsals - I suddenly can't remember it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #313 on: January 03, 2005, 11:32:22 PM »

Welcome six GUESTS.  We're talkin' about an old-fashioned wedding.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2005, 11:38:10 PM »

Hmmm....a great picture DRJOEY....I am speechless...AGAIN.

DRJOSE broke his spatula, JMK can edit the encyclopedia (why do I think the "F" volume will now have two books in it), Mr BK has a pool man, DRPANNI talks to wooden chickens, it is all just too much!

Monday has been an interesting day here at HHW!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #315 on: January 03, 2005, 11:47:05 PM »

Well, it's a lot more interesting than certain other boards, where they are actually trying to say that the box-office for Phantom of the Opera is excellent and that it's selling out everywhere.  These people... I know it's kids (and/or the moderator of the Warner Bros. chat board), but it does get a bit thick.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #316 on: January 03, 2005, 11:51:26 PM »

Then why do you bother to pursue such boards, dear BK?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #317 on: January 03, 2005, 11:57:42 PM »

Given Joey's pic of you looking so dapper in formal wedding wear, BK, I think a little Stanley Holloway is in order...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2005, 11:58:38 PM »

That is strange....

Here in Indiana - all performances of POTO that my sister and nieces have attended have been sold out.

Of course that is just a couple of different places on days a week apart....

I don't think it is a financial success....but doesn't it open "wide" on January 21?

DR EVIL KURT and I went to see it Sunday, but he got lost on the way to the theatre and we ended up at the Dollar Movies where we saw LADDER 49 - which was very loud.  I haven't seen POTO yet, but hopefully soon!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #319 on: January 04, 2005, 12:00:58 AM »

In just 30 minutes FLOWER DRUM SONG in letterbox on TCM!  Right now Mitzi is struggling through SOUTH PACIFIC again!  

There were so many BETTER actresses available in 1958.  I know that Mitzi said in her "Biography" that she wasn't able to say her lines the way she wanted to - that she had to give the exact line readings that Joshua Logan gave her during re-dubbing.  So I guess we are getting Josh's take on Nellie - either way -  bad bad bad.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2005, 12:02:17 AM »

DR CP - I just watched  THEATRE OF DEATH....that dark haired  girl is beautiful and Christopher Lee looks great!  Also liked the interview since it was movie specific...and it almost looks like Lee is wearing the same red sweater he wears in the movie.

Did you know Boo Laye?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #321 on: January 04, 2005, 12:08:02 AM »

In just 30 minutes FLOWER DRUM SONG in letterbox on TCM!  Right now Mitzi is struggling through SOUTH PACIFIC again!  

DR JRand - Why did you post that info?!?!?  Now I'm VERY tempted to stay up and watch FLOWER DRUM SONG!  Really, I am...  -You all remember my first audition story?  -When I sang "I Enjoy Being a Girl"?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #322 on: January 04, 2005, 12:08:46 AM »

Hmmm... Notes going up late tonight?
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up