Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAST NIGHT AT THE OLD HOUSE  (Read 2516 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE LAST NIGHT AT THE OLD HOUSE
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2017, 07:00:12 PM »

4OUR!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2017, 07:32:47 PM »

This cage is a miracle!  It's maybe four feet long and three feet wide, and Thatch has his food dish, water dish, the carrier to hide in, and his litter box,  Annabelle keeps trying to get to him, and when she reaches in, it's to pet him.  She climbs on top of the cage, which is about three feet tall and tries to reach down and pet him.  He seems unsure if he wants to be friendly or to fight. 

He's not eating because he's afraid of her and he's presently hiding inside the carrier.  I've moved things around so that the side with the litter box is against the wall so he has some privacy.  The carrier is on the open side, so that she can't get to him from that angle.  Her only options are the front and top, so I think he will feel safe and have some space.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2017, 07:35:15 PM »

The cage and small litter box were delivered by Cathy, a pediatrician who has several cats and fosters a few.  She is a complete delight, and after observing Annabelle's behavior, she said, they will be good friends very soon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2017, 07:45:34 PM »

The cage and small litter box were delivered by Cathy, a pediatrician who has several cats and fosters a few.  She is a complete delight, and after observing Annabelle's behavior, she said, they will be good friends very soon.

It takes a village, DR Elmore...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2017, 07:48:56 PM »

That will be a relief to have it done before the holidays.

Yep, that’s the idea...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2017, 07:59:20 PM »

Good news from DR GINNY.  Good news from DR ELMORE.  Good news from DR JOHN G.  Good news from DR GEORGE.

We love good news!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2017, 08:20:03 PM »

Wasn't there some sort of story about a person who had to keep dancing because walking without dancing was too painful?  Or maybe it was a sketch on a variety show?

I think that was the Red Shoes. She had to keep dancing or die.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »

Great news on the cage, Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2017, 08:21:25 PM »

The article is finished. Ravel and Herbert helped me write it.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »

The symphony is playing Bolero this weekend. I'd love to go, but Friday is the Arthur Murray Thanksgiving party, Saturday is my friend Gail's 65th birthday party and Sunday is Bible study. I'm just too busy.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2017, 08:22:42 PM »

Gratuitous Post No. 100!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »

I'm punchy and bleary and manic.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2017, 08:23:08 PM »

But alive.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2017, 08:23:22 PM »

Eye doctor's visit tomorrow.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2017, 08:43:21 PM »

We had an interesting breakthrough tonight:  Annabelle and I were playing fishie on a pole and I noticed that Thatch was following our playing and showing a lot of interest in playing too.  So, I started dropping the fishie into his cage, and he tried to grab it, then I'd let it run past Annabelle and she would pursue it, climbing up her cat tree after it and jumping in and out of her amazon box.  Then the fishie would go into Thatch's cage and he'd stretch all the way up to the top of the cage and reach for it.  I think these interactive games will be helpful.

John G.

« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »

Back from rehearsal.

And may I say, without quoting each individual post, that this whole cage thing, and the two cats' enjoyment of the toys, and the support DR Elmore has from Cathy, is sounding just wonderful.  We've never used a cage here, and probably never really needed one with these particular cats, but it sounds like the greatest thing ever.

Will this be in the main room all night?  Because I'm wondering how much sleep DR Elmore will get!  :D

ChasSmith

« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2017, 09:04:19 PM »

She's a very picky eater, though.  She'll eat one kind of cat food and then the next time I give it to her, she barely even smells it.  That's the hardest part...she's not consistent with what she will and won't eat. :-\

Tell me about it.  That's just the way it is, DR George.

ChasSmith

« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2017, 09:06:04 PM »

Today I was called for a random drug test.   I had previously been called in January.  It's luck of the draw.  One of my coworkers has never been chosen in 20 years.

In all my years of employment I was never called for a drug test.

Of course, for many of the earlier years, it was unheard of.  I'm thinking that nowadays it's probably the most routine thing ever ..... sad to say.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2017, 09:28:39 PM »

Back from rehearsal.

And may I say, without quoting each individual post, that this whole cage thing, and the two cats' enjoyment of the toys, and the support DR Elmore has from Cathy, is sounding just wonderful.  We've never used a cage here, and probably never really needed one with these particular cats, but it sounds like the greatest thing ever.

Will this be in the main room all night?  Because I'm wondering how much sleep DR Elmore will get!  :D

Yes, Thatch is now in the main room with us.  Annabelle has her bathroom litter box back and the run of the house.  She refuses to stop pestering him.  She continually reaches in to pet him.  It seems friendly, but it also seems ro me she's trying to make him react to her, rather than try to get away.

About 30 minutes ago Thatch caught his head in the straps of the pet carrier and I had to rescue him, so I removed the carrier and left the knitted rug for him to sleep on.  I then used the large carton the storage boxes come in to block the back, side area of the cage where the carrier was so that she cannot get to him there and he has some place to escape her pestering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2017, 09:29:45 PM »

And I am off to bed.  It's two hours past my bedtime.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2017, 10:02:54 PM »

Fortunately there is not a Cheesecake Factory near me.  The only one in Washington I have eaten at is in Bellevue, about 15 minutes from the Second Story Repertory where we hope to see THE LAST STARFIGHTER.  Oh, and the food was very good.

Jane, have you ever seen anything at the Second Story repertory?

No.  We have only gone north to see TCB and George in their shows.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2017, 10:04:58 PM »

I was hoping a positive opinion would be offered.  So far I am very impressed with this group of people.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2017, 10:06:19 PM »

We had an interesting breakthrough tonight:  Annabelle and I were playing fishie on a pole and I noticed that Thatch was following our playing and showing a lot of interest in playing too.  So, I started dropping the fishie into his cage, and he tried to grab it, then I'd let it run past Annabelle and she would pursue it, climbing up her cat tree after it and jumping in and out of her amazon box.  Then the fishie would go into Thatch's cage and he'd stretch all the way up to the top of the cage and reach for it.  I think these interactive games will be helpful.

Wonderful 😊

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2017, 10:58:18 PM »

Page four?  REALLY?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2017, 10:58:44 PM »

Move is complete and I am firmly ensconced in the new house.  Boxes are strewn about but I'm here.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2017, 10:58:56 PM »

Will talk about the run-through in the notes.

George

« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2017, 11:06:27 PM »

This cage is a miracle!  It's maybe four feet long and three feet wide, and Thatch has his food dish, water dish, the carrier to hide in, and his litter box,  Annabelle keeps trying to get to him, and when she reaches in, it's to pet him.  She climbs on top of the cage, which is about three feet tall and tries to reach down and pet him.  He seems unsure if he wants to be friendly or to fight. 

He's not eating because he's afraid of her and he's presently hiding inside the carrier.  I've moved things around so that the side with the litter box is against the wall so he has some privacy.  The carrier is on the open side, so that she can't get to him from that angle.  Her only options are the front and top, so I think he will feel safe and have some space.

That's wonderful, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2017, 11:07:57 PM »

Move is complete and I am firmly ensconced in the new house.  Boxes are strewn about but I'm here.

Welcome home, BK! 

George

« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2017, 11:10:38 PM »

Well, we can't stop here, so let's make the leap to the...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up