Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: STARTING A NEW BOOK ON THE FIRST DAY OF 2018 AND THE IMPROMPTU GET-TOGETHER  (Read 5875 times)

Ginny

Monday Tuesday morning greetings!  I slept in a bit today and am gearing myself up to resume my basement walking routine.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Amy

TOD:
Well, if I can only eat five foods, there has to be one from each food group, so I get balanced nutrition, as well as being foods I like.
chocolate
broccoli
chicken breast
brown rice
bananas

I imagine I would still get scurvy from this diet because there's no oranges, but I don't really like oranges very much.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

I'm up, I'm up - not quite seven hours of sleep due to an active mind.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!

That's funny about the Disneyland guide, Jane.

We think so 😁

Jane

Talki g about differences from one cku try to another and learning new things, she said she had to learn how to use Uber ;D

Jane

We are rather exhausted after our 3 hour "leisurly" boat ride on the river.

It was terribly hot, without a breeze, plus we were sitting in the sun.  After seeing  the elehants play in the water and watching a heard of Cape Buffalo we were ready to turn back.  Instead we continued on for a couple of hours more.

Jane

My body hurts from sitting way too much.  Tomorrow We begin the grueling 4 flight, (20?] hour trip home.  I hope we have time to walk at the airports while still catching our connections.

Jane

I is 8:30pm here and I need to shower, wash and dry my hair, and begin packing.  I will stop in to say hi if possible before we return home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Back from morning stuff and shall now futz and finesse and continue on.

Jane

Keith is finishing up the fb photos before we return to our lovely room, minus a wifi connection.   The view of the full moon reflecting on the water is lovely.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.

Good afternoon, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

Crazy day at work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

TOD:

Too many choices.

Celery
Radishes
Sourdough Bread
Butter
Raspberries

In five minutes, I’ll realize I left off sashimi, chocolate, pork, cheese and salt.
― Voltaire

Jane

On our safari today we came upon the body of a several-week old baby elephant. The carnivores and carrion-eaters had not yet discovered the body. The emotion of the mother, siblings and herd was palpable. They would not leave the body and, gently, every so often, would circle the infant and place their trunks on the baby. So very emotional to witness. Africa, a wonderful, wondrous adventure!

As we drove away, until I could no longer see, the mother was stranding alone over her baby.

Ginny

Survived a 20-minute basement walk.  I'm working up to 30 minutes at least 5 times a week, but starting gradually.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

Sad story, Jane. The elephants are very protective of their young. That’s why they charged my group. We had gotten too close.
― Voltaire

Jane

We have been close many to we on this trip without any problems.  The only time I was concerned, and I was the only one that noticed,  was while watching the sad ceremony.  A big male approached the back of our 4x4 and watched us very carefully.  I guess we showed the appropriate respect and he left us alone.

Ginny

DR Jane, thank you so much for sharing the stories of your dream trip - even the scary and sad ones.  I wish you a smooth journey home!

Ginny

One of the best things about exercising is the nice hot shower afterwards, right?  Well, I was all set for mine and discovered that we have no running water, thanks to the crew working across the street.  Wonder if we have a broken water main - that can be a mess in this cold weather.

Jane

Thank you.  Some I copied from Keith's posts on my fb page.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall

Nice photos DR JANE.  Travel vibes for your homeward bound trip.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

TOD:

Cheeseburgers & fries

Meat Loaf

Chicken Pasta Salad

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

Salsa and chips

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

I just gained 20 pounds writing that last post.

John G.

Bum stomach today. I left work early.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

The Flash and Wonder Woman have retreated to new sleeping areas: The Flash prefers my plastic bag of recyclable paper, and Wonder Woman is hiding in the waste can in the bathroom.

The Flash has now adopted Annabelle's little polka step on his hind legs when the food is on the way.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

TOD:

Cheeseburgers & fries

Meat Loaf

Chicken Pasta Salad

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

Salsa and chips

That would be pretty close to mine as well:

Cheeseburgers & fries

Meat Loaf & mashed potatoes

Apple pie and Vanilla Ice Cream

Shrimp pad tai

Salsa or Guacamole and chips
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:17:52 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

On our safari today we came upon the body of a several-week old baby elephant. The carnivores and carrion-eaters had not yet discovered the body. The emotion of the mother, siblings and herd was palpable. They would not leave the body and, gently, every so often, would circle the infant and place their trunks on the baby. So very emotional to witness. Africa, a wonderful, wondrous adventure!

As we drove away, until I could no longer see, the mother was stranding alone over her baby.

That's so sad.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Bum stomach today. I left work early.

So sorry, DR JohnG!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

It's been a rather lazy day.  I need to purchase a new chest of drawers.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com

I am doing an experiment with my new novel, DARK CHASM.

I've always felt that the high cost of books, particularly works of fiction, limits the reading audience, because most people read a book once, then either sell it, give it away, or stick it in their bookshelf to be forgotten.  Indeed, new copies of over-sized paperbacks usually sell for $20.00 or more.

RIDICULOUS!

I had an offer from a well-known publisher to publish DARK CHASM, but that house wanted to price it at $20.00.  I thought that was an exorbitant price, because I wanted to reach a wide audience, especially readers who enjoy horror/science-fiction tales.

That's why I've decided to publish DARK CHASM through CreateSpace and price it at $9.95 for the paperback and $4.95 for the Kindle edition. 

I hope you'll support my efforts and purchase a copy of DARK CHASM, because if this experiment is successful, other established authors might forego the publishing houses and come out with their books at a much more affordable price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1975734580/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1514815216&sr=1-2&keywords=dark+chasm

You can dream…or you can do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up