Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: STARTING A NEW BOOK ON THE FIRST DAY OF 2018 AND THE IMPROMPTU GET-TOGETHER  (Read 5869 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Well, you've read the notes, the notes spoke of a new book and an impromptu get-together, and now it is time for you to post until the impromptu cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

And the word of the day is: INSTAURATION!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.

First post after BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

~~~Strongest Most Excellent Vibes and Xylophones for BK!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Here's the CD blurb:

Kritzerland is proud to present another classical release, two amazing works in historic performances conducted by the composer:

HEITOR VILLA-LOBOS

Choros No. 6
Bachianas Brasileiras No 7

Heitor Villa-Lobos conducting The Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra

Has there ever been a composer quite like Heitor Villa-Lobos?  He was not only hugely prolific, but also completely unique, his music living in an exotic sound and tone world like no other.    He wrote in classic forms – symphonies, concertos, string quartets, ballets, operas – but his music, even in his earliest pieces, is refreshing and original. By the end of his life he was known as the best South American composer of all time, with over 2,000 published works – eclectic and diverse works that remain as fresh, vibrant, and vital today as the day they were written, especially his amazing Choros and Bachianas Brasileiras, which were amongst his most famous and admired works.  His music appealed to jazz musicians, several of whom made jazz renditions of his music, including Bill Evans, Claus Ogerman, and guitarist Jan Akkerman.  He had a healthy concert career conducting his own music.  His music was also adapted by the writing team of Robert Wright and George Forrest (Kismet) for the Broadway musical, Magdalena.

The music of Villa-Lobos was always very evocative and would have been at home in any number of films. He did, in fact, write one major studio film score, but it was not a happy experience.  He was hired to score the MGM film, Green Mansions, starring Audrey Hepburn and Anthony Perkins. But as these things go in Hollywood, much of his music was replaced by composer Bronislau Kaper.

Both the “Choros No. 6” and “Bachianas Brasileiras No. 7” are filled with Villa-Lobos’ trademark exotic instrumentation and orchestral color and both pieces have stunningly gorgeous melodies and are profoundly beautiful.

The two works on this CD were recorded in mono sound by Remington Records in Berlin during 1954.  While Villa-Lobos recorded “Bachianas Brasileiras No. 7” for Pathe/EMI, this remains the only recording of him conducting the “Choros No. 6.”  These two works were issued on CD back in 1986 sounding as good as the then technology would allow.  But for this CD they have been given what we hope you’ll find is a large and significant upgrade in sound – they now sound as good as the day they were recorded and the mono sound is crisp, clean, open, and detailed as never before.   These are wonderful performances and historically important.

Choros No. 6/Bachianas Brasileiras No. 7 is limited to 500 copies only and priced at $19.98, plus shipping.   CDs will ship by the second week of February, but never fear, we’ve actually been averaging three to five weeks early in terms of shipping ahead of the official ship date and we’ll definitely have it to you before Christmas.  To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

ATTENTION INDIEGOGO CONTRIBUTORS:  IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THIS RELEASE YOU MUST OPT-IN BY SENDING US AN E-MAIL – SEND TO kritzerland@gmail.com.  IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE IT, YOU DON”T NEED TO DO ANYTHING.  IF YOU ARE NOT AN INDIEGOGO CONTRIBUTOR, ORDER AS YOU NORMALLY WOULD.  THANK YOU.

TCB

• Because I can!

First post after the CD blurb.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

Opt-in e-mail sent!

George

And now, to bed. 

Have a good day, all!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!

Regarding Disneyland DR Laura, our tour guide here in Botswana spent a year working at Disneyworld for an exchange program with the park here.  She went on Space Mountain once and was afraid to go on the other rides.  We teased her that most were nothing compared to her racing us through the park to get us back inside the lodge gates before they closed 😁

Jane

Today we were slowly riding along looking for the elusive leopard when a 4x4 from another company raced past us.  Emily,  our guide, said he must be after something and began to persue him.  He reach a fork in the road ahead of us and we had lost him, at least it seemed that way to us.  Many forks, twists and turns later we pulled up behind the stopped vehicle. 

Jane

WOW!

Jane

We saw the beautiful Wild Dogs that sadley are on the verge of extinction.   They had made a kill, thankfully hidden behind the brush from us.  Flying overhead was an assortment of varies types of vultures, all which were rather pretty.  To our surprise there were several Marabou Storks.

Incredible, beautiful, exciting, and I want one of those unique dogs.  There will be photos on facebook.

Jane

I need to get ready for our last adventure,  the sunset cruise.

Michael

Good day to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

Hope everyone had a great new year.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

My alarm did not ring this morning and I will miss my doctor's appointment.  In 10 minutes I must call and reschedule/  I still have no idea what the hell happened.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

Good morning, all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Thatch and Annabelle both spent part of a cold night snuggled up with me.  I've become convinced that Annabelle's respiratory problem is not an infection, viral or bacterial, but a polyp.  God knows what the surgery will cost me.

ChasSmith

A polyp!  Did the vet tell you that was a possibility?

ChasSmith

My alarm did not ring this morning and I will miss my doctor's appointment.  In 10 minutes I must call and reschedule/  I still have no idea what the hell happened.

Are those cats lying down on the job?  Isn't it their responsibility to get DR Elmore up on time?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

A polyp!  Did the vet tell you that was a possibility?

She said it might be that, but she wanted to rule out the infections first.

ChasSmith

First day back to what we tend to call "normal life".  Got lots of straightening up and putting away to do, lots of music to ketchup on, and I plan to enjoy it. 

Should probably do a little grocery shopping, too, as we're in line for a storm on Thursday that could be big.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Appointment rescheduled for tomorrow at 11:45.  That's a big relief.

DR ChasSmith, those kitties only wake me when their stomach alarms scream FEED ME.  Speaking of which, Thatch ha begun tossing his bowl when he's finished eating,  I keep finding turned-over bowls and spilled food.  I have to tell him that there are nasty goblins in the basement who eat cute little kittens who mess with their food and dishes.  He's afraid of goblins.

Laura

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

That's funny about the Disneyland guide, Jane.

Laura

Thank you, Jane, for sharing your vacation adventures with us.

Laura

Elmore, vet bills are one reason I will never have another dog. I thought cats were a little better. Although that dental vet bill for Joshie. Yeesh!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall

Tuesday.....it is -9 degrees now......who knows what it will be later.  They are cleaning out cabinets in my kitchen and getting dishes and glasses ready to take to Goodwill.....they are making a lot of noise.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall

CD Ordered!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up