Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: STARTING A NEW BOOK ON THE FIRST DAY OF 2018 AND THE IMPROMPTU GET-TOGETHER  (Read 5874 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.

The Flash and Wonder Woman have retreated to new sleeping areas: The Flash prefers my plastic bag of recyclable paper, and Wonder Woman is hiding in the waste can in the bathroom.

The Flash has now adopted Annabelle's little polka step on his hind legs when the food is on the way.

Polka is fun. Maybe I’d dance an even meaner polka for food.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

Came home with a possible stomach bug. Not what I need a week before surgery.
― Voltaire

FJL

Feel-better-quick vibes for John G!

FJL

We sent the actors our abridged script for our 90-minute VIVA MAX! reading today.  We've committed to our producers that this is the script for our read-through at our first rehearsal next Monday, so they can get to the process of getting the scripts printed with plenty of time to do it rather than having to run through printing them over the weekend.

FJL

The director said he found himself laughing out loud on the plane when he was reading it last Thursday, on his way home from California.  Hoping that translates to laughs on January 15th.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall

Sad story from DR JANE....

Feel better vibes for DR JOHN G.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

DR Laura, I have a applicant for your position.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

I announced our season on Facebook and the website - now people will start calling for tickets even though the story CLEARLY states season ticket information will be mailed in the spring....individual tickets are NOT ON SALE until June 4. 

But of course everyone thinks he's special......

And then there are the High School/Middle School and Elementary School workshops.....story says REGISTRATION BEGINS IN MARCH....but we will start getting calls and emails to get the special snowflakes in.....  And of course NONE of these people ever buy a ticket to see a regular show OR donate a dime to the Fund Drive.  They come ONE NIGHT a year, tear up our parking lot and complain about the seating and every thing else.  At least that's been the way of it the past 15 years.  I don't expect it to be any different this year.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

Nice tie!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

It'd been about two weeks since I'd had any Mexican food, due to holiday closings and such, so that was remedied today with cheese enchiladas.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

I always have a lot of year-end stuff to do and setting up files for the coming year. I did some of that, but there's lots of catch-up to do as well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

I've always loved Villa-Lobos. Looking forward to the new CD.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

My body hurts from sitting way too much.  Tomorrow We begin the grueling 4 flight, (20?] hour trip home.  I hope we have time to walk at the airports while still catching our connections.

I believe it is customary to RUN for your connecting flight.

I don't envy you the trip home, but hope it goes smoothly and you can WALK to your connections.

Travel vibes.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

One of the best things about exercising is the nice hot shower afterwards, right?  Well, I was all set for mine and discovered that we have no running water, thanks to the crew working across the street.  Wonder if we have a broken water main - that can be a mess in this cold weather.

Ugh! Water vibes to DR Ginny!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

I just gained 20 pounds writing that last post.

:)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

Bum stomach today. I left work early.

Vibes you feel better soon!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

TOD:

carrots
brown rice
wholegrain bread
soups, esp vegetable and split pea
veggie burgers

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

I'll take him.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

I am doing an experiment with my new novel, DARK CHASM.

I've always felt that the high cost of books, particularly works of fiction, limits the reading audience, because most people read a book once, then either sell it, give it away, or stick it in their bookshelf to be forgotten.  Indeed, new copies of over-sized paperbacks usually sell for $20.00 or more.

RIDICULOUS!

I had an offer from a well-known publisher to publish DARK CHASM, but that house wanted to price it at $20.00.  I thought that was an exorbitant price, because I wanted to reach a wide audience, especially readers who enjoy horror/science-fiction tales.

That's why I've decided to publish DARK CHASM through CreateSpace and price it at $9.95 for the paperback and $4.95 for the Kindle edition. 

I hope you'll support my efforts and purchase a copy of DARK CHASM, because if this experiment is successful, other established authors might forego the publishing houses and come out with their books at a much more affordable price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1975734580/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1514815216&sr=1-2&keywords=dark+chasm

I agree that books are ridiculously priced. I buy a lot of books, but these days I usually buy them used. I'd prefer a new copy, but they're just too expensive.

I hope your experience with DARK CHASM turns out well. I'd love to see lower prices. But that wouldn't be helpful to people like BK.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

TTFN.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.

Thatch and Annabelle both spent part of a cold night snuggled up with me.  I've become convinced that Annabelle's respiratory problem is not an infection, viral or bacterial, but a polyp.  God knows what the surgery will cost me.

~~~Vibes for Annabelle and Larry (and Thatch)!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

My body hurts from sitting way too much.  Tomorrow We begin the grueling 4 flight, (20?] hour trip home.  I hope we have time to walk at the airports while still catching our connections.

~~~Travel Vibes for Jane and Keith!!~~~

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

On our safari today we came upon the body of a several-week old baby elephant. The carnivores and carrion-eaters had not yet discovered the body. The emotion of the mother, siblings and herd was palpable. They would not leave the body and, gently, every so often, would circle the infant and place their trunks on the baby. So very emotional to witness. Africa, a wonderful, wondrous adventure!

As we drove away, until I could no longer see, the mother was stranding alone over her baby.

Oh, no.  I won't tell my sister about that. :(

George

One of the best things about exercising is the nice hot shower afterwards, right?  Well, I was all set for mine and discovered that we have no running water, thanks to the crew working across the street.  Wonder if we have a broken water main - that can be a mess in this cold weather.

Yikes!  Hopefully, it's fixed all quickly!

George

Nice photos DR JANE.  Travel vibes for your homeward bound trip.

I love this picture!

George

Bum stomach today. I left work early.

~~~Feel Better Quickly Vibes for John!!~~~

George

So cute!! :D

George

TOD:

carrots
brown rice
wholegrain bread
soups, esp vegetable and split pea
veggie burgers

I'm so sorry for you, Jeanne. :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up