Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: SMART COOTIES  (Read 7293 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: SMART COOTIES
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2018, 11:30:56 PM »

Page 8
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2018, 11:30:57 PM »

TCB, you could not have written it more beautifully.  I found it very touching and I'm more than happy you enjoyed the book, which is very special to me, as you've probably figured out. 

Have you been working on yours?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2018, 11:33:50 PM »

TCB, you could not have written it more beautifully.  I found it very touching and I'm more than happy you enjoyed the book, which is very special to me, as you've probably figured out. 

Have you been working on yours?

I truly loved your book.  You should be very proud.

I have set my book aside until I figure out where I want to go with it.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #213 on: April 23, 2018, 12:10:41 AM »

I'm watching the season finale of "Star Trek Discovery" and Clint Howard is on it.  It's a minor role (essentially a cameo), but it's kinda cool that he's on this when he was also on the original series as a child. :)

Well, I've finished watching season 1 of "Star Trek Discovery," and then I watched the last "After Trek," which is an interview show after each episode.  It was fun and informative.  I wonder if any of these will be on the "Star Trek Discovery" DVDs.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #214 on: April 23, 2018, 12:11:08 AM »

Probably not.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: April 23, 2018, 12:20:00 AM »

BK, was the error on the first set of books, th printing on the spine of Gee?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2018, 12:29:08 AM »

TCB, if you mean the Gee on the spine of the actual book, it's a mistake but not the one, as we didn't provide them with that.  For those who are interested, the slight error is that the entire book is off-center and over to the right more than it should be.  No one has ever noticed, but once you see it you'll know instantly.  It was baffling as to how it could happen, but it's fixed in the second run - so those first forty copies are the first state of the book :) 

Also, if you want my two centimes, you should pick up the book and start writing again - let the book lead you, don't try to lead the book.  That, for me, is the most magical part of writing - where the book starts to write you.  While I had the general bones of GEE there were many times when the book just took me places I would never have thought about going - it just happened spontaneously.  Even if you're not happy with what you're writing, once you start up you'll be in that mode and you always go back and futz and finesse.  As you may remember, it took me about eleven passes to get those final three pages exactly right and I was adjusting them right up until I sent the book in and until Muse Margaret and I felt the tone was perfect.  Two of my proofers knew it wasn't quite there when they got the book, and it wasn't, and when I sent them the redo they both knew it was exactly right.  So, don't be afraid of the unknown - embrace it. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up