Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SUNNY DAY, THE RAINY NIGHT  (Read 4234 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE SUNNY DAY, THE RAINY NIGHT
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2018, 06:44:00 AM »

If he's only around three months, that's too young to have been altered.

Nope.  Thatch was three months old when I adopted him, and he was neutered about 3-5 days before I picked him up. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2018, 06:45:41 AM »

It is best to wait until about 6 months, but the shelters discovered that people often don't return to get them fixed. So they started doing it before adoption.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2018, 06:46:16 AM »

We will see what the vet says. If he stays here, we can wait.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2018, 06:46:23 AM »

PAGE 3 DANCE!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2018, 06:47:06 AM »

Free kittens are always the most expensive kittens. Shelter kittens at least have received their shots and a checkup.

Laura

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2018, 06:47:48 AM »

I cuddled him during the night and told him a didn't want a black male kitten. He just purrred and kneaded on my shirt.

ChasSmith

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2018, 06:48:00 AM »

So, DR Laura, when will you have him checked out for chip, etc.?

I remember Poe having to wait till about six months. Finally, we were in there for something or other and the doc took a look and said, "Yep, he's got a nice package. It's time!"

ChasSmith

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2018, 06:48:36 AM »

Yep. There is no such thing as a free kitten.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2018, 06:54:21 AM »

I hope he is chipped. I just keep thinking a little girl cried all night because her kitten is missing.

From my observations of the animals to be euthanized by the MACC, a great many of the asses who bring pets into the shelters deserve to be euthanized for their treatment of them.  Dogs are used for breeding or fighting, and then dumped when they're worn out; they are not toilet trained or treated them well and then dumped for unsocial behavior.  Cats get old and they;re traded in callously for younger cats.  If I ever win the lottery, I'm spending a lot of it on animal rescue.

I don't think you should worry about Lenny's background.  If he's not microchipped, do it and claim him for your own.  His life before last night might have been hell and not some little girl's treasure.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:59:43 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2018, 06:58:50 AM »

I cuddled him during the night and told him a didn't want a black male kitten. He just purrred and kneaded on my shirt.

Awww . . . ♥️♥️♥️

ChasSmith

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2018, 07:01:22 AM »

Sneaking a TOD in here:

Columbia. I got used to them because we were in the record club and I was getting a pretty good taste of their popular (Mitch Miller, Andy Williams), Broadway (South Pacific, Kismet, West Side Story), and classical (Bernstein conducting this 'n that - including, of course, WSS Symphonic Dances).

When I joined the RCA club myself to broaden my choices, I certainly liked all the music and the performances I was getting, but I never quite got the warm and fuzzies from the sound quality like I continued to get with Columbia. I was particularly thrilled with the Earl Wild/Fiedler "Concerto in F" album, no question about that.

Finally, I got to know London Records through the D'Oyly Carte stereo recordings from the late 50s and early 60s. I thought those were the Cadillac of record albums and lush sound. The only other one I had then was Sutherland's "Lucia" because that had just become a phenomenon.

So, with those qualifications, Columbia wins the TOD.

Even in my later record collecting years, I never got around to acquiring any Lyrita. Have to check a few out one of these days.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:05:18 AM by ChasSmith »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2018, 07:05:50 AM »

Wow!!  A grandson and a kitten in one day!! Jackpot!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2018, 07:06:09 AM »

TCB, you are a lot cuter than Ed Asner

vixmom

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2018, 07:07:36 AM »

My iPad is running out of battery so laters

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2018, 07:09:09 AM »

Sneaking a TOD in here:

Columbia. I got used to them because we were in the record club and I was getting a pretty good taste of their popular (Mitch Miller, Andy Williams), Broadway (South Pacific, Kismet, West Side Story), and classical (Bernstein conducting this 'n that - including, of course, WSS Symphonic Dances).

When I joined the RCA club myself to broaden my choices, I certainly liked all the music and the performances I was getting, but I never quite got the warm and fuzzies from the sound quality like I continued to get with Columbia. I was particularly thrilled with the Earl Wild/Fiedler "Concerto in F" album, no question about that.

Finally, I got to know London Records through the D'Oyly Carte stereo recordings from the late 50s and early 60s. I thought those were the Cadillac of record albums and lush sound. The only other one I had then was Sutherland's "Lucia" because that had just become a phenomenon.

What he said. 

I also loved Angel recordings for Gilbert & Sullivan and Maria Callas.

ChasSmith

« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2018, 07:13:35 AM »

TOD:

Capitol Records....the Beatles and the Beach Boys

Motown....

I also liked the RED Columbia label.

The "6-eye" red label remains one of the most handsome of all record labels. The "360 Sound" one that followed ain't shabby, but its predecessor is perfect in every way.

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2018, 07:26:00 AM »

Sneaking a TOD in here:

What he said. 

Right.

And as to Columbia classical, I should have included Ormandy. I'm thinking the likes of "Finlandia" and "Grand Canyon" back then, with the eventual grand prize being his "Carmina Burana".

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2018, 07:38:28 AM »

He is all black, and his name is Leonard.

Will you call him Lenny? like his Bernstein namesake?

I hope not, Leonard is a great name for a black cat to grow into.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2018, 07:40:18 AM »

It is best to wait until about 6 months, but the shelters discovered that people often don't return to get them fixed. So they started doing it before adoption.

A shame but necessary.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2018, 07:40:49 AM »

;D

Jane

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2018, 07:43:50 AM »

I look forward to the continuing saga of Leonard, foster kitten or your forever baby.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2018, 07:51:17 AM »

I hope he is chipped. I just keep thinking a little girl cried all night because her kitten is missing.

:(

Too many people don't understand the importance of chipping.  I had a woman tell me of her morning adventure capturing her dogs that had escaped.  When I asked if they were chipped she said it was unnecessary and did not appreciate my efforts to convince her to do it so I stopped.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2018, 07:52:34 AM »

Not here; the shelters do it at 2 pounds. A private vet would wait.
Do they register a chip before adoptions?

Jane

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2018, 07:54:05 AM »

Congrats to TCB and George !   George, you mentioned a PNW get-together.  I would love to go if it works out.

So would I but the odds are against it at the moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2018, 08:16:16 AM »

Sneaking a TOD in here:

What he said. 

Right.

And as to Columbia classical, I should have included Ormandy. I'm thinking the likes of "Finlandia" and "Grand Canyon" back then, with the eventual grand prize being his "Carmina Burana".

Ormandy and Bernstein were Columbia's fair-haired classical conductors, but I preferred Ormandy, and I learned a lot of pieces from Ormandy's pops compilations.  That "Carmina Burana" is still one of my absolute faves.

Ormandy's right up there on my list with Fiedler, Reiner, Munch, and Monteux.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2018, 08:17:25 AM »

Not here; the shelters do it at 2 pounds. A private vet would wait.
Do they register a chip before adoptions?

Yes.  You can transfer to the new owner's name.  Anabelle and Thatch are registered with these two:
https://www.foundanimals.org
http://homeagain.com
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:22:24 AM by elmore3003 »

Laura

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »

The vet opens in a half hour.  I really hope we find his owner. He belongs to someone. He is so friendly and loving.

Laura

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2018, 08:29:30 AM »

Annoyingly so.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2018, 08:31:08 AM »

I am not sure all adoptions require a chip.  I hope so.  I know many good dog breeders who require it, sometimes the contract says the new family does it and others put them in first.  Of course just because something is in a contract doesn't mean it will be done.

ChasSmith

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2018, 08:43:50 AM »

Sneaking a TOD in here:

What he said. 

Right.

Ormandy and Bernstein were Columbia's fair-haired classical conductors, but I preferred Ormandy, and I learned a lot of pieces from Ormandy's pops compilations.  That "Carmina Burana" is still one of my absolute faves.

Ormandy's right up there on my list with Fiedler, Reiner, Munch, and Monteux.

I was also crazy about his "Messiah" album for a time. I'm afraid I don't remember anything about it now, but I believe I really liked the soloists, and that I might possibly have heard one of them sing it live.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up