Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NOT A BAD DAY  (Read 4219 times)

ChasSmith

Re: NOT A BAD DAY
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2018, 03:22:34 PM »

Just got my flu shot (finally!).

Now eating a warmed up takeout slice of meat lover’s pizza from Stew Leonard’s.

Another such slice awaits.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2018, 03:27:53 PM »

Vindication is sweet MR BK!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2018, 03:30:32 PM »

After  many years of telling unbelieving people about a production of West Side Story that played Frank Sennes' Moulin Rouge that I saw, and which featured original stars Chita Rivera and Larry Kert, I now finally have a program from it along with the opening night menu choices.  So, non-believers, you can now kiss my ASS :)  I'll scan it later and put it in tomorrow's notes.  What's really fascinating is how correct I was about WHEN I would have had to have seen it.  The film opened in December of 1961.  This opened in June of 1962 to cash in on the success of the film, and I saw it right out of junior high school at the age of fourteen.  Other members of the film cast were also in it, including Tucker Smith, Gus Trikonis, and David Winters.  It was a very cheap production - I remember the balcony swaying precariously.  Also a band of about twelve, as I recall.  But the dancing was superb - recreated by Chita's then-husband and the film's Action, Tony Mordente. 

Congrats on getting your proof though I don't know why people doubted you.

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2018, 03:34:10 PM »

After  many years of telling unbelieving people about a production of West Side Story that played Frank Sennes' Moulin Rouge that I saw, and which featured original stars Chita Rivera and Larry Kert, I now finally have a program from it along with the opening night menu choices.  So, non-believers, you can now kiss my ASS :)  I'll scan it later and put it in tomorrow's notes.  What's really fascinating is how correct I was about WHEN I would have had to have seen it.  The film opened in December of 1961.  This opened in June of 1962 to cash in on the success of the film, and I saw it right out of junior high school at the age of fourteen.  Other members of the film cast were also in it, including Tucker Smith, Gus Trikonis, and David Winters.  It was a very cheap production - I remember the balcony swaying precariously.  Also a band of about twelve, as I recall.  But the dancing was superb - recreated by Chita's then-husband and the film's Action, Tony Mordente. 

Congrats on getting your proof though I don't know why people doubted you.

Those people also saw 2001 at the Dome in ‘68.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2018, 04:49:25 PM »

I just watched a beautiful red sunset.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2018, 05:35:50 PM »

I'm just back from a lovely dinner on the River Walk. The weather was perfect, so we sat outdoors. The Christmas lights in the trees were beautiful.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2018, 05:36:33 PM »

Here's a pro photographer's capturing of the scene.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2018, 05:38:42 PM »

Tomorrow is the start of the competition. I'd like some sleep.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:46:28 PM by John G. »
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2018, 05:58:10 PM »

I am spending my morning tearing up my front yard. My neighbor will be pleased, I guess. I'm tired of The City.

I love reading "My dead aunt thanks you" on every one of your posts!!!

:)

Jane

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2018, 06:23:27 PM »

I'm just back from a lovely dinner on the River Walk. The weather was perfect, so we sat outdoors. The Christmas lights in the trees were beautiful.

The beautiful photo doesn't show the crowds we saw at Christmas.  Was it busy?  Where did you eat?

John G.

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2018, 06:44:18 PM »

The beautiful photo doesn't show the crowds we saw at Christmas.  Was it busy?  Where did you eat?

It was fairly busy, with boats and walkers. It was a place called Ostra, which specializes in seafood. It was a nice evening. I had a half-dozen oysters on the half shell as well as some snapper tacos with, in honor of BK, a kale salad. 
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2018, 06:50:07 PM »

It was fairly busy, with boats and walkers. It was a place called Ostra, which specializes in seafood. It was a nice evening. I had a half-dozen oysters on the half shell as well as some snapper tacos with, in honor of BK, a kale salad. 

Fairly busy while not overly packed isn't bad.  I looked up photos and, of course, Ostra has a beautiful location.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2018, 06:50:35 PM »

DR John, good luck tomorrow and sleep well.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2018, 06:55:39 PM »

We discovered a Redbox at Walgreens conveniently located next door to the gym.  Tonight we are watching SEARCHING.

John G.

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2018, 07:13:19 PM »

I'm starting to watch a play called Deceit by on Bruce Kimmel. Interesting premise.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2018, 07:29:22 PM »

My friend Carol brought me some old Playbills, including a few from shows that either she worked or that her ex-husband, Gene, worked.
Several were from Mike Nichols shows, including The Apple Tree, which was autographed to him by Barbara Harris. Really surprised by that one.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2018, 07:35:14 PM »

Another is a souvenir program from a tour of The Odd Couple with Lyle Talbot and Harvey Stone.

The whole company autographed the program for Gene, including a young actress named Kathryn Blythe, who played one of the Pigeon sisters. Turns out she became Kay Stamer, the woman who was the head of the Greene County Council on the Arts. I was the president of the board for a few years. It's funny. I didn't recognize her photo at first, but I will never forget her handwriting. 
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2018, 08:02:15 PM »

I'm off to bed.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2018, 08:02:24 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2018, 08:02:36 PM »

Deceit was a lot of fun, BK.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2018, 09:00:07 PM »

SEARCHING was excellent.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2018, 09:11:51 PM »

That's pretty cool, BK.  Congrats on finding the program!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2018, 09:32:44 PM »

Today, before our building closed for the rest of the day due to plumbing issues, I received from Amazon, the Blu-ray/CD combo to The Summit-Live on Soundstage : The Manhattan Transfer and Take 6!  Its official release date is tomorrow, but they sent it early. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2018, 09:33:57 PM »

I listened to the CD at work before the building closed. 

George

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2018, 09:34:13 PM »

It's been many years since TMT released a live album and it's really good. 

George

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2018, 09:34:40 PM »

They sing a lot of songs with Take 6.  They're all very good! 

George

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2018, 09:34:55 PM »

I'm watching the Blu-ray now.  I love it! 

George

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2018, 09:35:27 PM »

It's interesting, though...the CD has a song that the Blu-ray doesn't. :-\ Usually, the video portion has more content.

George

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2018, 09:35:42 PM »

After our building closed for the rest of the day due to plumbing issues, I went to Subway for a foot-long Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sub sandwich. 

George

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2018, 09:41:05 PM »

While I was eating, I was reading Lethal White by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a. J.K. Rowling) on my new (to me) Kindle.  I'm about 70% of the way through.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up