Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY AFTER THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS DAY  (Read 5706 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE DAY AFTER THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS DAY
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2018, 03:38:50 PM »

Smiling Pablo!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2018, 03:39:16 PM »

Good news from DR GINNY.

I hope DR TCB enjoys his show.....
Travel vibes for DR JANE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2018, 03:39:55 PM »

We are supposed to have windgusts of up to 40 mph tonight......hopefully everything will stay in place.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »

The sciatica has lessened a great deal, so I plan on taking a nice long walk today.

That's great, Laura!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2018, 03:40:33 PM »

Now I want fish and chips.

DR JOHN G I am sure your birdy is anxiously awaiting your return.

KevinH

« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2018, 03:45:31 PM »

Good evening !

KevinH

« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2018, 03:46:14 PM »

So nice to see that Pablo was adopted!

KevinH

« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2018, 03:50:35 PM »

TOD: the only Ray Milland movie I recall seeing is Dial M for Murder, which I have seen many times. 

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2018, 03:53:57 PM »

Good news from DR GINNY...

So far, so good, DR JRand.  Post-op appointment tomorrow morning will tell us more.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2018, 05:12:06 PM »

I have loved THE UNINVITED since it terrified me on the late show around 1962 or 63.  I think it may be the only Ray Milland film I've seen complete.  I have never got the plot for "Dial M for Murder."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2018, 05:12:46 PM »

Three year-old Pablo was abandoned "Too many pets" by a heartless owner who owned his parents and had owned Pablo since he was born.  Pablo had not known any other home, and he was a sweet dog, easily frightened, who was terrified of being abandoned in the hell that is the NYC ACC system.  The poor dog was so terrified that he wet the floor as soon as his owner walked out, and three days later he was on the euthanasia list for "behavioral problems": he cried, he withdrew, he would not come out of his shell or show signs of being able to do so.  I was convinced he was dead meat, and at the last minute a sympathetic adoption saved his life.  I was so happy, and thought no more about it.  Today the rescue agency posted these shots of Pablo leaving the shelter and in his new home.  Some days I do believe in God.  Or something.

Hoo and Ray!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2018, 05:19:57 PM »

Dear Jan, I am honored that a rescue dog has been named after me.  Thank you.

The New York shelters will not resume euthanasia until Jan. 2, but I noticed on yesterday's adoption lists ( http://www.nycacc.org/adopt/adoption-search ) that the number of dogs in the Manhattan shelter has swelled from 3 pages (9 dogs) on Dec. 22 to six, and that a lot are old dogs. I guess the stories of people dumping their older dogs for pups has more truth than I hoped.  Even sadder, this is the list of animals the ACC has determined as good for adoption.  There's still the unseen list of sick animals and animals judged to be unadoptable.

Animals are not cars, people!

I dont have time, but if i did i would adopt older dogs and/or cats.

Speaking of older dogs and/or cats...Larry, my sister's boyfriend, who had Neve (the cat) before I got her, spoke with his neighbor who had Neve before Larry.  He found out that Neve wasn't 14 years old when I got her last year, but actually 16 years old, which means that now she's actually 17, not 15!  She's still pretty active for a 17 year old cat!

Laura

« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2018, 05:24:36 PM »

Good evening.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2018, 05:25:03 PM »

Great news for Pablo!

And my goodness, Neve is an old gal. I'm glad she is doing so well.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2018, 05:26:00 PM »

My next-door-neighbors brought us some vegetarian tamales. Oh my goodness. I ate one and it was SO good.
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2018, 05:26:51 PM »

I walked to the bank to pay my credit card bill. It is not 10,000 steps, but it is the most walking I've done in several weeks. I did just fine.
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2018, 05:31:31 PM »

The New York shelters will not resume euthanasia until Jan. 2, but I noticed on yesterday's adoption lists ( http://www.nycacc.org/adopt/adoption-search ) that the number of dogs in the Manhattan shelter has swelled from 3 pages (9 dogs) on Dec. 22 to six, and that a lot are old dogs. I guess the stories of people dumping their older dogs for pups has more truth than I hoped.  Even sadder, this is the list of animals the ACC has determined as good for adoption.  There's still the unseen list of sick animals and animals judged to be unadoptable.

Speaking of older dogs and/or cats...Larry, my sister's boyfriend, who had Neve (the cat) before I got her, spoke with his neighbor who had Neve before Larry.  He found out that Neve wasn't 14 years old when I got her last year, but actually 16 years old, which means that now she's actually 17, not 15!  She's still pretty active for a 17 year old cat!

I hope she lives happily in good health with you for several years.  Simba, the Westbrook High School cat, lived to be 21.
https://www.pressherald.com/2018/07/03/westbrook-neighborhoods-wandering-cat-simba-a-high-school-regular-dies-at-21/
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2018, 05:58:50 PM »

Page four?  Really? 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »

Had some Cherry Loaf.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2018, 06:00:15 PM »

Listening to an old mono recording of Handel's Messiah by Handel.  Believe it or not, I've never heard this damn thing.  It's interesting as these things go - not really my thing, but this performance conducted by Malcolm Sargent seems very good.

George

« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »

Great news for Pablo!

And my goodness, Neve is an old gal. I'm glad she is doing so well.

Thanks, Laura!  Me, too!

ChasSmith

« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2018, 06:36:29 PM »

Listening to an old mono recording of Handel's Messiah by Handel.  Believe it or not, I've never heard this damn thing.  It's interesting as these things go - not really my thing, but this performance conducted by Malcolm Sargent seems very good.

This one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handel-Messiah-Sir-Malcolm-Sargent-Huddersfield-Choral-Society-Angel-3LPs-Box/292886106947?hash=item44315f5343:g:3ZkAAOSwX7BagPAI

I was only wondering since you said mono. Probably more than one out there with Sargent.

George

« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2018, 06:42:00 PM »

I hope she lives happily in good health with you for several years.  Simba, the Westbrook High School cat, lived to be 21.
https://www.pressherald.com/2018/07/03/westbrook-neighborhoods-wandering-cat-simba-a-high-school-regular-dies-at-21/

Thanks, Larry!  And I hope Neve has as long a life, too!

George

« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »

Every year at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts, the Olympia Chorale has a free community Messiah Sing-Along.  I've ushered a few times, but have only attended without ushering once.  It's fun, but also not my thing...because of the religiousness, not the choral singing.  I was in choirs from 7th grade all the way through five years of college. :)

George

« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2018, 07:29:12 PM »

Well, it's past time for me to leave work, so I'm leaving work. 

Be back later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »

This one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handel-Messiah-Sir-Malcolm-Sargent-Huddersfield-Choral-Society-Angel-3LPs-Box/292886106947?hash=item44315f5343:g:3ZkAAOSwX7BagPAI

I was only wondering since you said mono. Probably more than one out there with Sargent.

No, this one's from 1946 and mono from acetates, but not sounding bad at all and what seems like a very good performance.  Sargent recorded it four or five times and this was his most popular piece - he toured with it endlessly.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2018, 08:52:06 PM »

Ready for bed. Talk to you again laters, probably on the other side of the Atlantic
Safe and easy travels home.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2018, 08:53:37 PM »

We are still on the plane, so far it has been rather smooth..  Keith connected to the internet and handed me his tablet with HHW open so I could post.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2018, 08:54:25 PM »

Travel vibes to DRs John G, Jane, and Matthew.

Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »

I am pleased DR Elmore is feeling better.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up