Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VIP  (Read 5474 times)

jan

• cats are happiness in fur coats
Re: THE VIP
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2019, 05:06:31 PM »

DR Jane, I'm so sorry!  I thought you lived in Oregon but now I have three favorite Washingtonians.  Do you live near Tom and George?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2019, 05:14:18 PM »

I brought the doctor a Choc Zero bar, so he could try one. I learned of them here from DR George and wanted my doctor to be able to recommend them to his diabetic patients. He was quite delighted to receive it.

That's pretty cool!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2019, 05:15:25 PM »

DR jan, DR Jane also lives in Washington state now, but she doesn't post late at night as much as TCB and George.

Thanks DR Jeanne.  I had kind of thought the guys would mention it last night ;)

I did have a good laugh telling Keith about it today :D

So sorry, Jane!  I don't know what I was thinking (or not) last night. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2019, 05:16:28 PM »

Once you find the medical offices the weirdness continues. There's a check-in area. God forbid we miss an opportunity for you to fill out legal forms. Then you go to a second waiting area. It's difficult to explain the decor. Lots of seating, yes. Also little bistro tables, with high chairs (not the infant variety). Since I'm sure they don't want you eating there, I really don't know what they are for. Was the designer used to designing restaurants?

High chairs for sick people to climb up on, so very odd.

Yes...and higher up potentially means a much greater area of splatter if one vomits! :o

George

« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2019, 05:20:45 PM »

I brought the doctor a Choc Zero bar, so he could try one. I learned of them here from DR George and wanted my doctor to be able to recommend them to his diabetic patients. He was quite delighted to receive it.

I need to try one of these.

The company has its own website:  https://www.choczero.com/

George

« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2019, 05:21:05 PM »

But, I usually get the milk chocolate squares and the dark chocolate squares from Amazon.

George

« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2019, 05:24:22 PM »

I am not going cold turkey on sugar but I am trying to reduce my intake.  Any suggestions on alternatives, without artificial sweeteners which I hate, will be appreciated.

The aforementioned chocolates contain no sugar (artificial or real).  They're sweetened with monk fruit extract, a natural sweetener that doesn't affect blood sugar the way real sugar does.  And even then, they're not really that sweet...certainly not as sweet as Hershey's or Nestlé's chocolate.

George

« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2019, 05:27:29 PM »

George

« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2019, 05:27:49 PM »

And a sugar alcohol called Erythritol.  There are many brands of this, but this is just what I got.  I really like it, too.

Laura

« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2019, 05:36:00 PM »

Good evening.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2019, 05:42:38 PM »

I used almost 6 containers of eggs.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2019, 05:45:19 PM »

Well, I need to leave and go to the theater.  It's the beginning of the last weekend of Bunbury!  Hopefully, we have good crowds. 

Be back later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2019, 05:49:00 PM »

Had a fun lunch meeting, banked, picked up a box of useless books but was happy that they're from the right printer and therefore look great.  No order placed today because the files are there but still not showing - hopefully in the morning.   Otherwise, I've been relaxing and tonight I've put aside for writing commentary.  Right now I'm listening to the wonderful Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet ballet.  I had a little not very good sandwich for lunch - not much to it, flavor or size-wise - that's all I've eaten all day so I can have something light right now prior to writing.

ChasSmith

« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2019, 05:59:52 PM »

That’s some of my favorite Prokofiev.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2019, 06:14:40 PM »

DR Jane, I'm so sorry!  I thought you lived in Oregon but now I have three favorite Washingtonians.  Do you live near Tom and George?

I assure you I was not offended :)

We live just over the border from Oregon and can see the Portland airport from our place.  We are an hour and 40 minutes from DR George and about two hours and 15 minutes from DR TCB.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2019, 06:15:16 PM »

Oh, and we live in Vancouver, the original Vancouver vs the beautiful one in BC.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2019, 06:15:57 PM »

DR jan, DR Jane also lives in Washington state now, but she doesn't post late at night as much as TCB and George.

Thanks DR Jeanne.  I had kind of thought the guys would mention it last night ;)

I did have a good laugh telling Keith about it today :D

So sorry, Jane!  I don't know what I was thinking (or not) last night. ::)

LOL  It was late and I was already asleep.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2019, 06:16:29 PM »

Once you find the medical offices the weirdness continues. There's a check-in area. God forbid we miss an opportunity for you to fill out legal forms. Then you go to a second waiting area. It's difficult to explain the decor. Lots of seating, yes. Also little bistro tables, with high chairs (not the infant variety). Since I'm sure they don't want you eating there, I really don't know what they are for. Was the designer used to designing restaurants?

High chairs for sick people to climb up on, so very odd.

Yes...and higher up potentially means a much greater area of splatter if one vomits! :o

That's funny.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »

I need to try one of these.

The company has its own website:  https://www.choczero.com/

Thanks.  I have it on my shopping list.  Are they difficult to find?

Jane

« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2019, 06:18:18 PM »

But, I usually get the milk chocolate squares and the dark chocolate squares from Amazon.

I was looking at those.  I hope they taste better than Hershey chocolate.  I am just so darn particular.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2019, 06:18:27 PM »

Oops, the photo didn't repeat. Don't know why it didn't.

The photo is not hyperlinked from a website.  When I do that, I manually copy the photo URL then put [ img] and [ / img ] (without the spaces) around the copied link, then it'll show.  If you quote my post, you'll see what I did. :)

Thanks, George.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2019, 06:19:39 PM »

I am not going cold turkey on sugar but I am trying to reduce my intake.  Any suggestions on alternatives, without artificial sweeteners which I hate, will be appreciated.

The aforementioned chocolates contain no sugar (artificial or real).  They're sweetened with monk fruit extract, a natural sweetener that doesn't affect blood sugar the way real sugar does.  And even then, they're not really that sweet...certainly not as sweet as Hershey's or Nestlé's chocolate.

Definitely worth a try. I can share them with my neighbor who looks for good low sugar foods.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2019, 06:20:15 PM »

I agree, they're not super-sweet. Some chocolate is overly sweet, to my taste.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2019, 06:21:23 PM »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2019, 06:23:04 PM »

Jane, do you and Keith have original Medicare?

We did but due to not finding a primary physician that takes it we had to switch a an advantage plan.  We are now with Regence Blue Cross.  Originally my doctor took Medicare, which is why we went to that practice, and then the office dropped it.

I've thought of going to original Medicare to avoid the mega medical groups, but many doctors no longer take Medicare. I'm currently with United Healthcare's Secure Horizons. It's a great value and it covers 20 acupuncture visits/year. But again, you have to find a doc you like.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2019, 06:25:05 PM »

I eat way too much candy let alone other sweet.  Because I exercise and am thin doctors are never concerned when my glucose is elevated.  Figuring I should check this out more I went and did a blood test that checks your sugar levels for three month.  Darn if it didn't show I am pre-diabetic.  A perfect example of why we need to be pro-active regarding our health care.

You're referring to an A1C? It's a more comprehensive test. But you can still turn things around. Agree about being proactive.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2019, 06:26:04 PM »

And a sugar alcohol called Erythritol.  There are many brands of this, but this is just what I got.  I really like it, too.

Worth a try though it reminds me of Stevia which Keith likes.  Maybe he would prefer Erythritol.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2019, 06:26:29 PM »

Jane

« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2019, 06:27:49 PM »

I used almost 6 containers of eggs.

That is a lot of eggs.  I have never baked that much at once.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2019, 06:28:34 PM »

I'm trying to get off sugar--again. I find that once I cut back, even for just a few days, I have less desire for sweets. When I want something sweet sometimes I'll have a couple ounces of lemonade, an old favorite. Sugar, yes, but less sweet than other options and it will satisfy me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up