Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SATURDAY STUMBLE-THROUGH AND OTHER TWITCHY TALES  (Read 3480 times)

ChasSmith

Re: THE SATURDAY STUMBLE-THROUGH AND OTHER TWITCHY TALES
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2019, 05:13:44 AM »

A matinee day. And, naturally, the nicest day of the week outdoors.

And per yesterday’s TOD, it’s also the day I miss seeing a certain favorite large format film in ideal conditions and in the best of company. Just shoot me now.

https://bedfordplayhouse.org

I mean, I love me my music, but...  but...

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2019, 05:16:15 AM »

Show vibes for BK & Company!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2019, 05:35:31 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2019, 05:38:04 AM »

A matinee day. And, naturally, the nicest day of the week outdoors.

And per yesterday’s TOD, it’s also the day I miss seeing a certain favorite large format film in ideal conditions and in the best of company. Just shoot me now.

https://bedfordplayhouse.org

I mean, I love me my music, but...  but...

Nice schedule. I'd like to see the Faust. Maybe they'll show it here.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2019, 05:40:08 AM »

I'm still reading Where the Crawdads Sing. I've gotten to where the author has gone full Harper Lee and it's too much like Mockingbird for my tastes. It's more like a paint-by-numbers kit, which is too bad because the earlier part of the novel was much more effective, if implausible.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2019, 05:40:47 AM »

It's storming outside right now. I think a few inches of rain has fallen. Maybe some hail.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2019, 06:07:12 AM »

I don’t know why I thought the FX series FOSSE/VERDON started tonight, but it’s Tuesday night and I’ve set the DVR to capture it. For better or worse, I look forward to watching.

And I’m absolutely determined now to sit down this week and learn how to transfer these programs to a hard drive and to disc to preserve them in all of their HD glory. I might not feel that way about this series, but I have some good stuff that needs to be rescued from the DVR to free up the space and protect it for the future.

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 06:26:37 AM »

DR Jane asked:

We watched  season 1, episode 1 of Pushing Daisies.  Did anyone watch this show?  We enjoyed it and plan to watch the next episode.

I watched it when it was on. I know I liked it. But it was so long ago that I can't remember how much.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2019, 06:30:20 AM »

~~~Break Legs Vibes for BK and Tonight's Kritzerland Cast for the Show at Vitello's!!~~~

Ditto!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2019, 06:33:25 AM »

And a late good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2019, 06:35:11 AM »

I had wanted to sleep in for as long as I wanted, but two kitties with mischief on their minds and too much free time decided otherwise.  I was out of bed by 8:30, but I would have happily slept till noon.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2019, 06:38:20 AM »

When I got up and dressed, I decided yo clean the food dishes and the litter and take Missy for her outing.  Since we've returned, she's been impossible, climbing and jumping everywhere, spilling my coffee through a huge running leap onto my computer table.  Thatch has been chattering away at me as well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2019, 06:45:40 AM »

Last night I had a long creepy dream about renting a huge house with a friend.  The vicinity was somewhere between Cincinnati, Miami University, and my Aunt Jean's back yard and driveway.  The house overlooked Miami University and came with a middle-aged Latina housekeeper, and it was rented to us cheap because it was haunted and no one would live there.  In my bedroom there was a noisy bird-something toy that kept returning, no matter how many times I carted it to the basement, and when I was there alone, I kept the volumes of the radio and stereo turned up high to keep from hearing the curious noises from other floors of an empty house. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2019, 07:40:46 AM »

So here's one of those Facebook mysteries I often wonder about but usually scroll right past. Let's make it a Sunday question, shall we?

I was reviewing my FB news feed and there's a post that leads off with "Bruce Kimmel was tagged in this". The poster is a Ryan Blanchard, and it says "Ryan Blanchard is with Bruce Kimmel and 6 others". Ryan's post reads:

"I saw this on shark tank and knew I had to try it! I have been taking it for about 3 weeks and already lost 20 pounds! Strongly recommend it!" Now does this sound like a real post from someone talking to their friends? It's a video and URL that I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole.

But I did look at Ryan Blanchard's profile to see if he looks like a real person. Well, he looks real, and maybe BK (the only mutual friend) actually knows him. But I still didn't trust what looks like an utterly bullshit post that very likely doesn't come from him.

Next I look at the "6 others" tagged:

Brian Patrick Murphy
Brian O'Brien
Brian Reiser
Brooks Braselman
Brian Walker
Bryan Bennett

Now isn't that just a hoot? Obviously the Bruces come right after these. Some cretin or entity has hijacked some huge list on Facebook. (I also couldn't help but notice "Ryan - Brian - Bryan" etc.  Potentially lots going on here with algorithms.)

So my question is:  BK, do you see that you're tagged on this? I ask because when I see these things that reference people I know, I never see any comments or likes or anything -- from anyone -- and I wonder if they even know their names are on them. Which means I have to wonder if anyone ever sees MY name on any of them.

Another one I often see is the Ray-Ban "ad" hawking $199.00 Ray-Bans on sale for $19 or some such, always with someone I know tagged at the top of the post.

This crap truly makes me want to declare that "someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 07:57:24 AM by ChasSmith »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2019, 07:48:32 AM »

Show vibes for MR BK & Co.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2019, 07:49:21 AM »

Today is the first session of auditions for SHE LOVES ME.  I may drive down to watch.....and see everyone to get the season off to a good start.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2019, 07:49:48 AM »

Yesterday was yard work day.....and much was done by my sister Paula and her husband Larry.....

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2019, 07:55:29 AM »

I'm still reading Where the Crawdads Sing. I've gotten to where the author has gone full Harper Lee and it's too much like Mockingbird for my tastes. It's more like a paint-by-numbers kit, which is too bad because the earlier part of the novel was much more effective, if implausible.

Like Mockingbird?  I totally missed that. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2019, 07:58:09 AM »

So here's one of those Facebook mysteries I often wonder about but usually scroll right past. Let's make it a Sunday question, shall we?

I was reviewing my FB news feed and there's a post that leads off with "Bruce Kimmel was tagged in this". The poster is a Ryan Blanchard, and it says "Ryan Blanchard is with Bruce Kimmel and 6 others". Ryan's post reads:

"I saw this on shark tank and knew I had to try it! I have been taking it for about 3 weeks and already lost 20 pounds! Strongly recommend it!" Now does this sound like a real post from someone talking to their friends? It's a video and URL that I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole.

But I did look at Ryan Blanchard's profile to see if he looks like a real person. Well, he looks real, and maybe BK (the only mutual friend) actually knows him. But I still didn't trust what looks like an utterly bullshit post that very likely doesn't come from him.

Next I look at the "6 others" tagged:

Brian Patrick Murphy
Brian O'Brien
Brian Reiser
Brooks Braselman
Brian Walker
Bryan Bennett

Now isn't that just a hoot? Obviously the Bruces come right after these. Some cretin or entity has hijacked either Ryan's contact list or perhaps some larger scale list on Facebook. (I also couldn't help but notice "Ryan - Brian - Bryan" etc.  Potentially lots going on here with algorithms.)

So my question is:  BK, do you see that you're tagged on this? I ask because when I see these things that reference people I know, I never see any comments or likes or anything -- from anyone -- and I wonder if they even know their names are on them. Which means I have to wonder if anyone ever sees MY name on any of them.

Another one I often see is the Ray-Ban "ad" hawking $199.00 Ray-Bans on sale for $19 or some such, always with someone I know tagged at the top of the post.

This crap truly makes me want to declare that "someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets."

I wonder if Bruce needs to report this post.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2019, 11:40:05 AM »

Yes, whoever he is he's been hacked and I took down a post yesterday and will now take this one down - I reported it yesterday and alerted him but he hasn't done anything about it, clearly, so I will unfriend him until he does.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2019, 11:40:20 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - eight hours of sleep.

FJL

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2019, 12:33:42 PM »

And the word of the day is: SASHAY!

Would that be The Sashay Redemption?

I though it was the singer who recorded "Smooth  Operator."

FJL

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »

We recorded (also for educational purposes only) Bunbury.  Pug, the director, and her husband were going to put together a video of the show from the various cameras over several days.  Hopefully, they can put together a good cut.

That would be cool.  That is kind of what the people who filmed SCROOGE did.  They recorded it 3 or 4 times and then edited it together.

People take their archival copies very seriously.

FJL

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2019, 12:38:50 PM »

Show vibes for BK!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »

No posts in three hours.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2019, 03:14:13 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to Vitello's for sound check and then show.

ChasSmith

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2019, 03:18:54 PM »

Back - from a good but occasionally hair-raising matinee in which odd little technical things seemed to be plaguing the jernt. Fortunately, not in the orchestra.

ChasSmith

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2019, 03:22:57 PM »

Yes, whoever he is he's been hacked and I took down a post yesterday and will now take this one down - I reported it yesterday and alerted him but he hasn't done anything about it, clearly, so I will unfriend him until he does.

Can anyone report one of these as being an obvious hack, or must it be one of the people involved?

John G.

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2019, 03:23:31 PM »

Like Mockingbird?  I totally missed that. 

The town ready to lynch the outsider. The blacks only in the balcony. The well-intentioned attorney slowly explaining the court to the defendant. It's Scout on trial.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2019, 03:24:35 PM »

Let's move on...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up