Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OF THE FATHERS AND JUDGING  (Read 6204 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE DAY OF THE FATHERS AND JUDGING
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2019, 11:18:26 AM »

Reaching the goal vibes for MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2019, 11:19:50 AM »

Tonight we will have our last rehearsal in the Rehearsal Center while SHREK has its second set of auditions.

Then we move into the theatre and THEY get the Rehearsal Center.  Of course we can't build our set until Sunday because the Youth Theatre Workshop SHAKESPEARED! is meeting daily with a performance on Saturday.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2019, 11:20:32 AM »

The man is here to work on my heat pump.  He says he thinks the blade he put into it was the wrong size....so he went to buy a new one.....fingers crossed.

Laura

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2019, 11:28:04 AM »

Good morning.

Laura

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2019, 11:34:41 AM »

The OJ experience was the beginning of a sad year for me. I was driving home from the VCR repair shop after dropping off the VCR for repair. I listened to the chase on the radio on the drive home. Without the VCR, our TV didn't work, so we didn't have a working TV for several years after that. I missed the entire OJ thing.

A few months after the chase, my best friend was diagnosed with a non-smoker lung cancer. She died a year to the day after Nicole Simpson died.

I heard the verdict when I was at the local community college cafeteria after my singing class.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »

I shall have to think about the TOD....I have been in a couple of productions, but I don't think I've seen any.

My favorite is George Washington Slept Here......

In summer theatre I worked on a really bad production of You Can't Take It With You.

I've only seen live productions of The Man Who Came To Dinner (Ellis Rabb) although I preferred the broadcast with Nathan Lane as Sheridan Whiteside, and Dinner At Eight at Lincoln Center, which was glorious.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2019, 11:44:14 AM »

Something I just found out was that yesterday wasn't just Father's Day and my mom's birthday, it was also Pete and Chasten Buttigieg's first anniversary!  Happy anniversary to the couple! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2019, 11:45:19 AM »

And on a sad note, Gloria Vanderbilt, heiress and jeans queen, has died at age 95.  At 95 years old, she certainly led a life.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2019, 12:01:50 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - since ten, but the garage people came five minutes later - got all the books (my books) out (I kept only a few copies of each) and the shelving unit they were on, which now enables me to walk everywhere.  I still haven't found the digital video tapes that were in my hall closet and that is very frightening to me.  I still have a few boxes to go through but...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2019, 12:02:00 PM »

Then someone came and bought a few CDs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2019, 12:02:12 PM »

And now I need to catch up on stuff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2019, 12:02:16 PM »

And eat.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2019, 12:03:49 PM »

A package is due, but it's coming via Logistics (Amazon's delivery service) and that means it will either not get here, the moron will attempt an after closing delivery, or it will get there just before they close, which means I won't get it until tomorrow.  They're not supposed to use logistics on my stuff anymore, it's in my account record, but this was ordered prior to that - hopefully this will be the last of them.

ChasSmith

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2019, 12:14:25 PM »

I believe the only play I’ve seen live is THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER, in a sublime production by one of our top local theaters with top director and cast. These people completely, totally, got it.
And other than the movie, the only professional production I’ve seen was the (one time?) showing on TV in the early 70s with Orson Welles as Whiteside.

So is that all? Seems ridiculous, but there it is. I do love the play ACT ONE *about* Kaufman and Hart from several years back...of which I loved the Lincoln Center telecast, and for which I played the original score in a local production.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 12:16:19 PM by ChasSmith »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2019, 12:24:16 PM »

This morning was completely different from last week's difficult attempt to get to the appointment.

This morning I left the apartment around 8:25, got to the bus stop just before the bus arrived, got off the bus at 72nd Street and literally boarded the Fifth Avenue bus.  I got off that bus at the 42nd Street stop and transferred to the next bus immediately.  I got to my appointment 30 minutes early, was seen immediately and was out by 9:45, the time of my original appointment.  I had the same easy transfers getting home, so I stopped at the corner bodega and purchased lottery tickets.

LOL, vibes you win the lottery!

Jane

« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2019, 12:25:23 PM »

The place was packed , once the verdict was announce there were cheers from some tables and dead silence from or mutters from the rest of them

I am shocked anyone cheered the verdict.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2019, 12:25:59 PM »

Not sure if I watched some of the OJ chase as it was happening, or if it was later that evening.

My stronger memory of OJ is the day the jury reached their verdict. I had been on an overnight trip to one of our big customer's annual "Oktoberest" dinner and was flying back from Harrisburg, PA to Westchester County Airport on the most beautiful sunny mid-autumn afternoon. As we were "deplaning" people were saying a verdict had been reached and was about to be announced. This part's silly, but I got over to my car as quickly as possible so I could turn on WCBS ("traffic and weather on the eights") and listen in privacy.

Of course I knew it could go either way, but I was truly floored when I heard it. Without a doubt, it's just as well I heard it alone, driving up I-684. :)

I don't remember much about the actual car chase, except that I did watch some of it on the news later in the day.  I do remember the verdict, though.  I was here at work and several of us were in our staff room listening to the radio.  All of us were very surprised (and not in a good way) at the outcome. :-\

Your reaction is the same of everyone I knew.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2019, 12:26:26 PM »

The man is here to work on my heat pump.  He says he thinks the blade he put into it was the wrong size....so he went to buy a new one.....fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed!

Jane

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2019, 12:27:26 PM »

The OJ experience was the beginning of a sad year for me. I was driving home from the VCR repair shop after dropping off the VCR for repair. I listened to the chase on the radio on the drive home. Without the VCR, our TV didn't work, so we didn't have a working TV for several years after that. I missed the entire OJ thing.

A few months after the chase, my best friend was diagnosed with a non-smoker lung cancer. She died a year to the day after Nicole Simpson died.

I heard the verdict when I was at the local community college cafeteria after my singing class.

Your story is heartbreaking.  I know you still miss your best friend.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2019, 12:28:00 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - since ten, but the garage people came five minutes later - got all the books (my books) out (I kept only a few copies of each) and the shelving unit they were on, which now enables me to walk everywhere.  I still haven't found the digital video tapes that were in my hall closet and that is very frightening to me.  I still have a few boxes to go through but...

Good luck you find them.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2019, 12:31:35 PM »

We saw a wonderful production of THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.  Having seen the moving I had no idea how delightful and funny the play was.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2019, 01:21:54 PM »

Got some Taco Bell for lunch.  I'll probably go do some organizing in the garage now - one nice thing, all the overflow art books are now on shelves out there so easy for me to get to finally.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »

For a buck at Taco Bell you get a cheesy bean and rice burrito that's quite filling - I add onions to it.  So, if you have that and one other one dollar item you have a very filling meal for two bucks.  At McDonald's you can get two McD's (two patties, one bun, cheese) for three bucks.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2019, 01:35:55 PM »

I gotta tell you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2019, 02:16:30 PM »

We are home from the vet.  Annabelle is indeed sick and she has a fever.  She was dehydrated so she was given fluids and I have  a prescription to give her for the next week.  I knew she was sick.  She was not doing any of her usual things like climbing onto my lap to watch TV, pestering me in the morning to patrol and helping me clean the litter, chatting to me as I work, and climbing all over my work table.

At the vet she seemed frightened, and she either hanged on to me or took safety in the carrier.  Usually she leaps all over the office and explores.  My little girl is sick.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:26:20 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2019, 02:29:55 PM »

We are home from the vet.  Annabelle is indeed sick and she has a fever.  She was dehydrated so she was given fluids and I have  a prescription to give her for the next week.  I knew she was sick.  She was not doing any of her usual things like climbing onto my lap to watch TV, pestering me in the morning to patrol and helping me clean the litter, chatting to me as I work, and climbing all over my work table.

At the vet she seemed frightened, and she either hanged on to me or took safety in the carrier.  Usually she leaps all over the office and explores.  My little girl is sick.

~~~Feel Better Quickly Vibes for Annabelle!!~~~

George

« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2019, 02:32:13 PM »

I believe the only play I’ve seen live is THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER, in a sublime production by one of our top local theaters with top director and cast. These people completely, totally, got it.
And other than the movie, the only professional production I’ve seen was the (one time?) showing on TV in the early 70s with Orson Welles as Whiteside.

So is that all? Seems ridiculous, but there it is. I do love the play ACT ONE *about* Kaufman and Hart from several years back...of which I loved the Lincoln Center telecast, and for which I played the original score in a local production.

I still have that production of ACT ONE on my DVR.  I really enjoyed it.  That's one show that I eventually want to make an actual Blu-ray of...I just need to get off my butt and do it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2019, 02:49:08 PM »

I've not seen the play, but Moss Hart's autobiography Act One should be required reading for anyone in theatre.  It's one of my absolute favorite backstage books, and I've read it many times since 1964 or so.  The last time was 1986 while I was working on Jubilee.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2019, 03:29:37 PM »

The place was packed , once the verdict was announce there were cheers from some tables and dead silence from or mutters from the rest of them

I am shocked anyone cheered the verdict.

There were some people who felt the charges were not based on evidence but on racial bias
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2019, 03:31:43 PM »

Jane only has 9,961 more to go!

She'll have done by next week, won't you, Jane?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up