Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: AUGUST AUGUST  (Read 3834 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: AUGUST AUGUST
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2019, 08:58:07 AM »

Eight years old seemed unusually young to need an appendectomy.  I looked it up and found that the average age is between 10 and 30. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2019, 08:59:46 AM »

We're gonna need a bigger saint.

LOL!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2019, 09:05:39 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I'm getting ready today to leave tomorrow for a long weekend in Michigan with my sister.  Our high school's reunion picnic for the classes of the 1950s and '60s is Sunday and we're going to represent the classes of 1959 and 1968.  Looking forward to seeing a lot of friends, especially the ones from 1969 who will be there for their 50th.  Our husbands both opted out this year...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2019, 09:37:31 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I'm getting ready today to leave tomorrow for a long weekend in Michigan with my sister.  Our high school's reunion picnic for the classes of the 1950s and '60s is Sunday and we're going to represent the classes of 1959 and 1968.  Looking forward to seeing a lot of friends, especially the ones from 1969 who will be there for their 50th.  Our husbands both opted out this year...

Many spouses opt out for these.  Keith & I are lucky to share the same reunions.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2019, 09:38:00 AM »

Safe, easy, and fun weekend vibes for DR Ginny!

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2019, 10:27:47 AM »

Thanks, DR Jane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2019, 10:55:44 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven hours of sleep.  If it's to be a refurbished engine it will be around 4500 bucks, considerably cheaper than the dealer.  But if he can rebuild what's there it will be cheaper so he's getting the car and we'll see what's what and then I can make a decision.

ChasSmith

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2019, 11:11:41 AM »

In a few minutes I will be on my way to see ONCE UPON A TIME ... IN HOLLYWOOD.

(For which I'm told the ellipsis is ... meaningful)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:41:34 PM by ChasSmith »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2019, 11:23:25 AM »

There's an adorable pocket pittie up for euthanasia today.  I offered to foster, but I was told that since his history with cats is unknown, no would would give him to me.  I am so worried they will kill him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39fNJB_Gfw0
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2019, 12:21:25 PM »

Today, I have a meeting with a vendor rep and one of our selectors.  However, the selector has been out sick a couple of days this week.  Hopefully, she'll be well enough to be at the meeting.  If not, I don't really know what the meeting's about...only that I was asked to be there. ::)

The formerly out sick selector was here today and a couple other people were at the meeting as well.  The rep was really nice and knowledgeable, and mentioned that he used to be an actor (I don't know if he acted professionally, or just in community theater stuff).  He's certainly attractive enough to be an actor. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2019, 12:24:53 PM »

August is of course my birthday month, so any gifts you want to send me as the days go along will be appreciated.

My dad's birthday is this month, also. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2019, 12:46:38 PM »

It’s too darn hot.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »

Tow truck on its way to the dealership - then they'll deliver the car to the auto repair place.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2019, 12:51:47 PM »

Important envelope did not arrive.  Not good.  Praying for tomorrow or this weekend is going to be hellish and who needs THAT?

Jane

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2019, 03:07:50 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven hours of sleep.  If it's to be a refurbished engine it will be around 4500 bucks, considerably cheaper than the dealer.  But if he can rebuild what's there it will be cheaper so he's getting the car and we'll see what's what and then I can make a decision.

Great.  If he rebuilds it I hope it comes with some kind of guarantee. 

George

« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2019, 03:13:54 PM »

DR vixmom, that damned property will most likely be the thing that kills me.  I don't think it will ever sell.

We need a miracle here.
Of course I need a few of my own, too. And don't we all. But this one's priority.  :)

~~~Property Priority Vibes for Larry!!~~~

George

« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2019, 03:14:39 PM »

My blood work seems to be ALL good news, if I read the results correctly....time will tell.

Great news, Jrand!

George

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2019, 03:14:45 PM »

When I was in the hospital for my appendectomy at age eight, the lovely nurse we'd gotten to know a little bit from her frequent presence in my hospital room gave me a little St. (Somebody) medal as good luck on the morning of my surgery. I kept it for quite a long time afterward, and I'm sorry to say it's been gone for many years.

I have this memory of her putting it in my hand on our way up to surgery, but that's probably not accurate. I also "recall" that she was Amish -- though that doesn't seem right, either, as I'm not sure they would have taken jobs in the cities. But maybe care-giving jobs? Or maybe she was Mennonite? Oh well, what do I know? Not much, obviously.

Anyway, all of this was to say I don't even remember the name of the damned saint.  :)

I didn't know that saints could be damned. ::)

;)

George

« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2019, 03:15:12 PM »

Important envelope did not arrive.  Not good.  Praying for tomorrow or this weekend is going to be hellish and who needs THAT?

~~~Important Envelope Arriving Vibes for BK!!~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2019, 04:03:46 PM »

Poor little Timbo was indeed murdered this afternoon with another dog.  Thoroughly adoptable, he was passed over as the ACC reprieved six dogs and gave them two more days to find rescue or die.  I am heartbroken.  I would have adopted him to save him, but I cannot afford the adoption fees at the moment.  Fostering him would have cost me nothing.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2019, 04:40:03 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2019, 04:42:38 PM »

I saw my osteopath today. He must not have had another patient right after me because he spent a lot of time with me. I usually feel rushed, as the twenty minutes they allow just isn't enough for us old folks. We had a lot to discuss. He also sprayed the skin spots that didn't disappear the last time he sprayed them. Ugh.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2019, 04:44:53 PM »

I went to Whole Foods Market afterwards, which is in the same complex. I wanted a sandwich, but the line was too long, so I just bought things off the salad bar and hot foods bar. I bought some of their potato salad, which looked really good, but proved to be the blandest potato salad I've ever had! Their food is usually quite tasty.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2019, 04:46:44 PM »

I think it's time that Elmore won the lottery. Enough already! Then he could buy out his brothers and set up a humane rescue center on the Ohio property.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2019, 04:48:31 PM »

BK, are you familiar with Uber Eats.  You have a wide choice of restaurants, and it is quick and painless.

Yes, it's quite easy. But there are fees attached. Some restaurants will deliver at no extra charge, without going through GrubHub or the others.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2019, 04:49:00 PM »

There's lots you learn when you don't have a car or can't drive.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2019, 04:50:53 PM »

As for groceries, in the Northwest, all of our major grocery chains (Safeway, Albertsons, Fred Meyer, etc.) offer grocery delivery.  And if we have it in Washington state, I am sure you have it in L.A.  The prices are the same as in the store, and usually the first delivery is free.

I checked into Von's delivery once. It was $13 for delivery. I find that rather steep. Is that what you must pay in Washington, TCB?

Jane

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2019, 04:51:37 PM »

I saw my osteopath today. He must not have had another patient right after me because he spent a lot of time with me. I usually feel rushed, as the twenty minutes they allow just isn't enough for us old folks. We had a lot to discuss. He also sprayed the skin spots that didn't disappear the last time he sprayed them. Ugh.

If they return more than 3 times I suggest getting them biopsied.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2019, 04:52:05 PM »

Day 2 without my Mac.

Nothing good on TV.

The paint on the wall is starting to look interesting.

;D

Mac repair vibes for Druxy..

Jane

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »

I went to Whole Foods Market afterwards, which is in the same complex. I wanted a sandwich, but the line was too long, so I just bought things off the salad bar and hot foods bar. I bought some of their potato salad, which looked really good, but proved to be the blandest potato salad I've ever had! Their food is usually quite tasty.

I am a big believer in asking for a taste before purchasing. Those salads often look better than they taste.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up