Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SMOKE GETS IN YOUR EYES  (Read 3646 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: SMOKE GETS IN YOUR EYES
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2019, 04:01:41 PM »

Vixmom, I've been a vegetarian since my early twenties and getting enough protein really hasn't been a problem. At first I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian, meaning I ate eggs and dairy. Most vegetarians did so then; vegans were a rarity.  I keep eggs and dairy to a minimum now, but that's because I don't tolerate them well. Like Jane, I eat a lot of beans of all sorts. Being vegan can be tricky, but if you include eggs and dairy and have an otherwise healthy diet you should have no problem.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2019, 04:04:30 PM »

When you have an annual check-up your blood work should include a protein count. (It's routine.) I've always watched mine, just to be sure. As it happens I've never been deficient.  And I'm not a big eater.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2019, 04:07:35 PM »

It takes time and dedication to change your diet to healthier choices, but it really pays off in the long run. I have many health issues, but few are problems of aging. I can't tell you how glad I am that I cleaned up my diet early on!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2019, 04:10:28 PM »

What a nice surprise that DR Chas' original emcee was able to be back on stage! A lovely ending to a terrible incident.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2019, 04:11:53 PM »

Vibes to all!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2019, 04:12:00 PM »

TTFN.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2019, 04:36:23 PM »

Oh dear....the Hard Rock Hotel being built in New Orleans collapsed as they tried to install the air conditioning units.....

https://abcnews.go.com/US/person-killed-18-hospital-crane-collapses-hard-rock/story?id=66232002

:o  I hope the two people are rescued and no one else is hurt.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2019, 04:43:15 PM »

Jane, the next surgery is on Thursday and I'll be an outpatient, just like last time. I'll try to post when I get home.

There will be some worried people if you can't post.  At the least, maybe you can text Bruce.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2019, 04:52:21 PM »

It takes time and dedication to change your diet to healthier choices, but it really pays off in the long run. I have many health issues, but few are problems of aging. I can't tell you how glad I am that I cleaned up my diet early on!

Unfortunately I didn't clean up my act when it came to sweets.  I drank Pepsi & ate too much sugar.

FJL

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2019, 05:03:10 PM »

What a nice surprise that DR Chas' original emcee was able to be back on stage! A lovely ending to a terrible incident.

That's really wonderful.  It feels like the type of ending you only see in movies, but it really happened!

FJL

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2019, 05:10:09 PM »

The upshot of the mess Jack Viertel created with my family turned out to be that City Center and its lawyer had convinced my brother than the parodies were stalking people back in 2012 and 2013.  There was nothing else back then.  The harassing emails City Center's law firm was complaint about in 2013 turned out to be described in legal filings with the bar committee as "a barrage of 20 emails from February to May 2013"  - which is less than 2 emails a week that their law firm was using as a standard!!!  I have to assume they fastened on the word "harass" back then because I complained to the State that their videographer was stalking and harassing me, so it was Trumpian "I'm rubber, you're glue" years before Trump. 

FJL

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2019, 05:14:42 PM »

That the emails that started late August 2018 could not have caused what they did in 2013 seems to be a hard concept for the Viertels and my brother and sister-in-law to grasp - but I guess Jack's training from doing "Time and Again" and "Connecticut Yankee" back to back gave him time travel ability to have been disturbed in 2013 by emails from five years in the future.

FJL

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2019, 05:18:03 PM »

I brought all of this to the police this morning now that it was clear that the ruinous legal threat by city Center's lawyer came less than 24 hours after the "Superman" parody first appeared in the net.  The putz shouldn't be trusted with running water let alone running an organization.  But Mussolini kept the trains running in his day too - Jack just nukes any nobodies he fins expendable. 

FJL

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2019, 05:25:17 PM »

New York City Center threatening ruinous lawsuits because they consider parodies of them stalking them, or at least that's what they said to get my brother's cooperation and Lady Joann Macbeth, too.    Bernadette and Patti and Mandy can be parodied - City Center marketing and video feels it can't.

This was "You've Got Disabilities" - for this, Jack took away my brother and nephew, ruined the past six years of my parents' enjoying their family - and their lawyer threw in having Julie Miller make a fake MeToo narrative!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGOX4ygvozY

My sense of this is my brother really does not get even today that parody songs are not stalking - not by Gerard Alessandrini, not by Randy Rainbow, not by Rosie, not by SNl, Weord Al, etc.    He is so convincing in his saying that that I was stalking the City Center videographers and marketer BEFORE the legal threat, and I don't think he's that good an actor!

He is with great difficulty finally getting that the reactions too their bogus legal threat could not have caused what happened before .  But Viertel seems adamant in this theory, that you can say what happened in June 2013 is proof that a fraud in May 2013 was justified.  And that emails starting August 2018 are proof that he was right to do his May 2013 fraud. 

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 06:33:13 PM by FJL »

Jane

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2019, 05:31:58 PM »

:(

Jane

« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2019, 05:34:06 PM »

It truly was wonderful he was able to return.

FJL

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2019, 05:37:49 PM »

And he still signs his emails to Skip "Love, Jack.'

FJL

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2019, 05:46:28 PM »

This is the most amazing thing - he insists, though he's sat down and been interviewed on camera by the cyberstalking videographer Jonathan Frank according to some video credits,   
he never really heard of Jonathan Frank on Saturday Aug 3 this year except that I say he's been doing video work for Encores, very single Encores, since 2007, even through three Marketing Directors -  and the very next day Sunday Aug, 4 , Jack has looked online and suddenly seen that Jonathan Frank is so important in the industry that no one dares ask a question for fear of offending him and maybe losing his business.  (but he almost never heard of him the day before despite the huge controversy over his action in 2013).

Date: August 3, 2019 at 5:21:24 PM EDT
To: Skip Kennon

Skip,
I’ve been assured and reassured (as has Fred) that “Jen 96th” is not Jennifer Tepper. Personally I don’t know her very well, but I do know that she categorically denies that this is her, so if that is what you are referring to in early August of last year, that’s all the information I have.
As to Jonathan Frank, I don’t know him at all, although according to Fred he and/or his company does promotional work for Encores through the marketing department, which I have no reason to doubt. That’s not an area I get involved in. City Center’s marketing department is not just for Encores, it’s for everything that plays at the venue. They do things their own way, and I don’t have a say in their staffing or who they hire to freelance for them. I imagine that’s why I’ve never met this guy as far as I know, so I don’t know how I can help.
I hope the situation improves.
Love,
Jack

Date: August 4, 2019 at 3:07:46 PM EDT
To: Skip Kennon

Skip —
If you can reference some of those posts in a way in which it is verifiable that Jonathan Frank wrote them I will speak to the Marketing Director and show her examples. Since I have no faith that Jennifer Tepper wrote the ones Fred thinks she did, I would need some real proof that Jonathan Frank wrote the ones that Fred says he did. but if you can provide that, I’ll certainly do what I can.
I should point out that Jonathan Franks’s company, which I looked up, seems responsible for much of the video that is done promoting Broadway shows. I’m far from sure that City Center, which has nothing t do with Fred’s dispute with Jonathan Frank, will be willing to forego business, or say anything that might jeopardize that relationship with a reputable and popular vendor with whom they have no dispute relating to their own business. But I can certainly ask.
Love,
Jack

Feels like a senility defense in the making. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 05:54:54 PM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2019, 05:52:32 PM »

A dear actor friend  just burst into fits of giggles at the thought that Jack Viertel keeps his mouth shut and lets the marketing department do what they do without his inout or involvement.  And when his giggled had stopped, he started giggling again at the thought of a marketing director telling Jack to stay quiet and leave the marketing to the younger people  :)

Laura

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2019, 06:33:04 PM »

Good evening.

Laura

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2019, 06:33:20 PM »

A busy day.

Laura

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2019, 06:33:59 PM »

Leonard is licking his Gotcha Day treat.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2019, 06:52:30 PM »

Good evening.

Awww, the birthday boy.  I just noticed Wai-Ling's comment ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2019, 07:30:31 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - oh, wait...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »

Why I oughta...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2019, 07:32:57 PM »

I am back from a high school production of Quilters.  The ride to Santa Ana - just past Disneyland - was a bit of a slog but not terrible - about an hour and ten minutes.  Peyton's mom was waiting for me - since I'd gotten there fifty minutes early, we hung out and chatted, and that was fun. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2019, 07:34:03 PM »

She had relatives seeing the show.  As is the custom these days (not at MY productions, I can tell you), they didn't open the doors until about five minutes before curtain.  So, curtain was actually ten minutes after the two o'clock start time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2019, 07:37:02 PM »

Peyton was he usual excellent self - she slipped and fell at one point, was up like a shot and carried on like the trouper she is.  She scraped her knee and bruised it but you would not have known that by watching her.  I knew it later because she wasn't her usual bubbly self.  The other student actors were all very good and one in particular was much more than very good, so I'll ask her to do the January Kritzerland young people show.  Peyton had a school dance to go to, so I got on the road pretty quickly.  While there were pockets of slowness on the way home, I actually got back to the Valley in fifty minutes. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2019, 07:44:31 PM »

As to Quilters - not really my cup of tea.  Maybe it was this production, which had no pace at all was one of the problems.  The director had acted in a production at the Laguna Theater in the 1980s, with Teri Ralston.  Three of the ladies from that production were in attendance.  I know the show has its devoted devotees - I found it too long and repetitious, and even though it calls itself a musical it really is a play with music, sans plot.  It did well in its premiere in Denver and then at the Taper here in LA - a perfect theater for this kind of show - after a couple of other engagements, it went to Broadway, where it instantly folded after twenty-four performances.  Interestingly, it was nominated for six Tony Awards, but the 1984/85 season was one of the all-time lowest for musicals.  There were only four best musical nominees - Quilters, Grind, Leader of the Pack, and the winner, Big River.  For the first time in Tony history, three major categories had NO nominees and no awards were given - best actor and actress in a musical, and best choreography.   So, the show gets to brag it was up for six Tonys but all those nominations were to pad those categories.  It's somewhat popular in stock and amateur productions - a good show for the six ladies (I gather you can do it with more if you like).   

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2019, 07:44:50 PM »

What is this page three malarky?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up