Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SPITTING DISTANCE  (Read 4728 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: SPITTING DISTANCE
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2019, 10:06:48 AM »

From Vixmom:
I do not have high hopes, my SIL teaches kindergarten in economically depressed area of Brooklyn, her students are always sick so of course...

I didn't realize the reason she is sick at every holiday.  I feel guilty about it, but being sick all the time is why I stopped volunteering with children.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2019, 10:09:14 AM »

DR George I would not use cream cheese spread for anything, let alone cheese cake.  My cheese cake takes 2 1/2- 3 days to set.  How long does it say for your recipe?

Jane

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2019, 10:11:40 AM »

DR TCB vibes you are well tomorrow and can go to Sharry & Micheal's.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2019, 10:19:04 AM »

Paul Rudd was just on STEPHEN COLBERT.  He is really a cutie, but I wanted to reach thru the TV and fix his hair.

;D

I want to do that with my hair in half of my photos.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2019, 10:19:41 AM »

Last night was the first night in over two months that I actually slept well.  I had the usual pains, but I wasn't as restless or up as many times as I usually am.

May you sleep as well tonight!

Jane

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2019, 10:21:28 AM »

I need to bake a fresh pear cake today. Then I should be ready for tomorrow.

Oh that sounds delicious.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2019, 10:37:54 AM »

Last night was the first night in over two months that I actually slept well.  I had the usual pains, but I wasn't as restless or up as many times as I usually am.

That's great, Larry!  Hopefully, this is a trend that will continue!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2019, 10:45:35 AM »

DR Jeanne what kind of reading light do you use?  I cannot live without Ottlite. But I found that it is much better if you unplug it when it's not in use. In the past I've left my older one plugged in all the time. And it stopped working.

George

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2019, 10:47:31 AM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2019, 10:48:54 AM »

I don't want to jinx it but I am so happy that most of the snow has melted here. The roads are bare and I can wear shoes vs boots.  Usually once we get a big snowstorm then it is boots for the entire winter.

George

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2019, 10:52:33 AM »

but for the Broadway version, it allowed Santa to sing briefly but then the scene is ALL about believing in Santa -  like Wayne Knight (who was Newman from Seinfeld so a draw who also got press at the time, a bigger draw then that the lead elf, Sebastian Arcelus, who has since gone on to deserved TV note but was not a name then),  or another year George Wendt from Cheers.

Sebastian Arcelus is also known as the husband of Stephanie J. Block, and is descended from Russian royalty.

George

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2019, 10:52:49 AM »

Vixmom, I don’t know how we’re going to prepare the mushrooms, but I was asked to bring sherry.

Isn't Sherry TCB's friend who starred in "A Little Night Music" in Seattle?

;D

George

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2019, 10:52:57 AM »

Michael Apted has a new installment in his documentary series. This is 63 Up. I’m excited beyond belief. I feel as if I’ve lived with and know these people from when they were kids at the time of 7 Up to now.

Oh, my goodness!  I remember watching the first couple of installments when I was in school.

George

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2019, 10:53:14 AM »

DR George I would not use cream cheese spread for anything, let alone cheese cake.  My cheese cake takes 2 1/2- 3 days to set.  How long does it say for your recipe?

This just says to refrigerate for at least four hours.  Overnight is at least four hours, so I'm covered there. :)

Jane

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2019, 10:53:19 AM »

DR VIXMOM that is a unique situation.....as DR GEORGE said....here we have to scan something and then put it in the bag...there is a weigher/scanner that keeps track.

If anything is put in the bag and not scanned there is a buzzer AND a watcher who keeps an eye on everything and everyone.

I rarely if EVER use the self checkout......something always goes wrong.....but then I use cash instead of my card, I'm a Luddite....as former DR JMK used to say.

This is the way I have seen it other places.  Unless we have a quick check out I prefer to use the regular lines.  I hate the idea that jobs will be lost, plus too often there is a problem while self checking. 

Jane

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2019, 10:53:51 AM »

I have to do laundry and a few other things in preparation for my flight tomorrow morning.

SAFE & EASY TRAVELS!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2019, 10:58:54 AM »

One of the office managers of Brick-Run Sports Therapy brought his oldest daughter to the office today.  Here she is with Gurjeet's dog, Shelby.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2019, 11:01:41 AM »

One of the office managers of Brick-Run Sports Therapy brought his oldest daughter to the office today.  Here she is with Gurjeet's dog, Shelby.

That's a great picture!

Jane

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2019, 11:02:25 AM »

I am debating going out for Thanksgiving or staying home.  It's such pain to move that I really do not want to be a black cloud hanging over a festive group of friends, and I really, really, really do not want everyone fretting about my comfort, etc. 

I am sure no one would mind fretting about your comfort.  If you want to go, go.  Otherwise rest at home.  Just do what will make you the happiest.

George

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2019, 11:03:51 AM »

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2019, 11:03:52 AM »

I don't want to jinx it but I am so happy that most of the snow has melted here. The roads are bare and I can wear shoes vs boots.  Usually once we get a big snowstorm then it is boots for the entire winter.

That is something to cheer for :) I am happy it is not raining today.  I hope it lasts.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2019, 11:04:39 AM »

This just says to refrigerate for at least four hours.  Overnight is at least four hours, so I'm covered there. :)

Yup.  Will you know if it tastes like the Cheescake Factory cheesecake as promised?

Jane

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2019, 11:05:17 AM »

Sweet photo DR elmore.

Jane

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2019, 11:15:18 AM »

I did listen on Amazon to a little bit of Percy Faith's "Subways Are For Sleeping" album.  it sounds fantastic.

I love that. Paired on CD with Faith’s great Do I Hear a Waltz?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2019, 11:17:37 AM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2019, 11:18:54 AM »

I just called Spectrum, which is coming Monday to hook up the Internet. Goodbye, AT&T. And good riddance.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2019, 11:27:52 AM »

Yup.  Will you know if it tastes like the Cheescake Factory cheesecake as promised?

Well, I can't remember the last time I had a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake.  Maybe I need to go to Tacoma (the closest to me) and compare. ;)

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2019, 11:47:06 AM »

I just called Spectrum, which is coming Monday to hook up the Internet. Goodbye, AT&T. And good riddance.

I hope you are very pleased with Spectrum.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2019, 11:47:54 AM »

Well, I can't remember the last time I had a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake.  Maybe I need to go to Tacoma (the closest to me) and compare. ;)

It works for me though I prefer their Anniversary cheesecake and that would not be a fair comparison.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up