Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CURIOUS MYSTERY OF THE DISAPPEARING DAY  (Read 3021 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE CURIOUS MYSTERY OF THE DISAPPEARING DAY
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 08:01:03 AM »

DR ELMORE the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that your dream indicates that you enjoy working with MR BK and the opportunities it affords you but that you feel you don't know him very well personally.

You may also hear from or about your friend Charlene in the next ten days.

I would love to know where Charlene now is.  When I finished grad school, she started going blind from retinitis.  I remember, the year I lived in Pennsylvania, driving to Baltimore to see her while she was in treatment at Johns Hopkins.  As the blindness increased and she worried more about her future, she married some oaf for security.  None of us has heard from her since the mid-1970s, and the Miami alumni office has no records for her. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2020, 08:02:06 AM »

Page 2 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2020, 08:20:10 AM »

Calling Charlene!!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2020, 08:24:06 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2020, 08:24:17 AM »

The first coronavirus case has been reported in Texas. It’s here in SA at Lackland.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2020, 08:25:25 AM »

I slept for 16 hours when I got to Florida last December. I was exhausted and sick.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2020, 08:41:02 AM »

TCB:
The show, again, is Agatha Christie’s MURDER ON THE NILE and it opens on April 10.

George:
I expect to see it!

Hopefully Keith & I can go with you.

Jane

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2020, 08:41:50 AM »

Good organizing vibes to DR George.  I know you enjoy organizing as much as I do.

Jane

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2020, 08:43:23 AM »

TCB...if it was me, I would feel better about not getting the part if I found out that the director gave it to a best friend and that was why I was given so little opportunity to read.

To me at least, knowing it was politics and that if Meryl Streep herself had shown up incognito she would not have had a shot at the role would keep me from feeling that I was being rejected for immediate appearance of lack of talent.

But  you know your friend , so you must do what you think best.   Just my 2cents

I agree with Vimom.

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2020, 08:47:29 AM »

TCB...if it was me, I would feel better about not getting the part if I found out that the director gave it to a best friend and that was why I was given so little opportunity to read.

To me at least, knowing it was politics and that if Meryl Streep herself had shown up incognito she would not have had a shot at the role would keep me from feeling that I was being rejected for immediate appearance of lack of talent.

But  you know your friend , so you must do what you think best.   Just my 2cents

This was my thought as well.  But it might just make her mad that she wasted her time. I still don't get why the director didn't just say that the role was already cast. Why waste people's time.

Jane

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2020, 08:48:10 AM »

I slept for 16 hours when I got to Florida last December. I was exhausted and sick.

Wow.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2020, 08:52:21 AM »

I had a serious panic attack over this post-colonoscopy phone call and appointment with a surgeon.  It's ridiculous to panic over something I won't know anything about for another week, but my mind wouldn't stop running through a lot of what ifs, all of which unsettled me. 

I think most people would have the same reaction.  Did you receive an explanation as to why you are seeing this particular doctor?  Might it be due to your past medical history?  Were you given the results of the biopsy on your appendix?  This new doctor is not an oncologist so that is good.

It seems you might be dealing with unnecessary stress due to lack of information.  I hope so.

Coping vibes until your appointment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2020, 09:40:15 AM »

I had a serious panic attack over this post-colonoscopy phone call and appointment with a surgeon.  It's ridiculous to panic over something I won't know anything about for another week, but my mind wouldn't stop running through a lot of what ifs, all of which unsettled me. 

I think most people would have the same reaction.  Did you receive an explanation as to why you are seeing this particular doctor?  Might it be due to your past medical history?  Were you given the results of the biopsy on your appendix?  This new doctor is not an oncologist so that is good.

It seems you might be dealing with unnecessary stress due to lack of information.  I hope so.

Whoever called me from the office had no answers to my questions, just told me she was scheduling an appointment with this surgeon once the scan was done.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2020, 09:41:41 AM »

Annabelle has a new daytime sleeping space: the interior of her carrier.  I am happy that the antibiotic seems to be helping her.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2020, 10:04:45 AM »

As a director - I usually ask at the end if anyone wants to read something.....but usually it's folks who want to read for parts that are completely inappropriate for them talent-wise, age-wise, or looks wise......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2020, 10:05:46 AM »

I think ONCE I have been surprised and pleased - in 40 years - so I keep asking.....usually at general auditions, not callbacks.

If I have callbacks, I have the performer in mind for a specific part....

Jane

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2020, 10:12:40 AM »

Whoever called me from the office had no answers to my questions, just told me she was scheduling an appointment with this surgeon once the scan was done.

I suspected that.  It is very frustrating when that happens.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2020, 10:12:55 AM »

Annabelle has a new daytime sleeping space: the interior of her carrier.  I am happy that the antibiotic seems to be helping her.

Awww.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »

I am stuck at home this morning while Keith is at the gym.  Someone has to be here as we are having our bathroom counters, showers, and floors cleaned and re-grouted.  We have travertine which stains easily.  It looks much better already. 

Jane

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2020, 10:46:35 AM »

I now know why it takes all day.  There is only one person doing the work.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2020, 11:08:47 AM »

Vibes for all good things Elmore

~~~SUPER DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2020, 11:10:45 AM »

I love working for my London conductor and West End International.  I submitted the invoice, and the money was transferred overnight.  That will cover the property taxes, thank God.

That's great, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2020, 11:11:37 AM »

The first coronavirus case has been reported in Texas. It’s here in SA at Lackland.

:o

George

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2020, 11:12:06 AM »

TCB:
The show, again, is Agatha Christie’s MURDER ON THE NILE and it opens on April 10.

George:
I expect to see it!

Hopefully Keith & I can go with you.

That would be great, Jane! 

George

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2020, 11:12:38 AM »

Good organizing vibes to DR George.  I know you enjoy organizing as much as I do.

Thanks, Jane! ;)

George

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2020, 11:13:56 AM »

I think ONCE I have been surprised and pleased - in 40 years - so I keep asking.....usually at general auditions, not callbacks.

If I have callbacks, I have the performer in mind for a specific part....

That certainly makes sense.

George

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2020, 11:14:35 AM »

That's very good news, Larry!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2020, 12:01:49 PM »

All the invoices I have printed are sorted and in their appropriate envelopes, and I've just converted the Amazon.co.uk invoices to dollars.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:39:38 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2020, 12:02:07 PM »

Let the tallies begin!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2020, 12:20:39 PM »

I just received a carton of pears and apples from Harry & David!  Well, I didn't order this and there was no gift card, so I was about to go onto HHW anmd ask, who the fat hell sent this? when I looked on the top of the carton.  At the top of the address label there was a note from my neighbor Roberta:  Thanks for taking care of my mail.

I've been picking up her mail for the past ten days.  She's back tomorrow. What a nice surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up