Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EXPERIMENT THREE  (Read 4422 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: EXPERIMENT THREE
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2020, 01:40:49 PM »

Dismayed at the news of Vixmom's homeless shelter closing, I called the shelter here that I support and asked how they're doing. They said they've had minimal disruption. Their beds are normally six feet apart and they work closely with the Health Dept. They have a clinic onsite and have had the predicable shortages there, but otherwise things haven't changed much. Sadly, I expect there will soon be even more demand for their help.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2020, 01:42:38 PM »

I'm surprised BK was able to wait long enough after his Katz delivery to even take the pictures.   ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2020, 01:45:31 PM »

Annabelle's congestion seems to have broken up.  She's still having occasional huge fits to clear her head of crap but the raspy breathing and runny nose seem to be over.  I think the Lysine is doing great.

Really glad to hear this. I was hoping you'd find a solution that you could do at home and avoid the vet visits. I hope the lysine proves to be just that.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2020, 01:49:48 PM »

Yes it was DR JANE - and I sent her home with two rolls of TP which she was surprised and happy to receive.

We may turn into a barter economy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2020, 01:51:50 PM »

The thing about their pastrami is that it's sliced thicker in comparison with most others. This results in a different mouth-feel from what many of us are used to. But it's all good. And those latkes look great. I want some. Right now.

But my memory agrees with BK about the pickles being a little weird. I don't know why that would be, but I recall being a little disappointed in the half sours, normally my absolute favorite.

I'd never seen such thin and lean pastrami until I saw BK's photo.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 01:56:30 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2020, 01:59:04 PM »

I've done laundry and will try to do some cleaning. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2020, 02:01:18 PM »

Coping vibes to all.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2020, 02:01:26 PM »

TTFN.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2020, 02:06:08 PM »

Up from a nap.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2020, 02:07:17 PM »

Finished Empire Falls. I wasn’t crazy for it, despite the cast and script. It felt too small screen.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2020, 02:12:28 PM »

Gratuitous Post #100!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2020, 02:13:07 PM »

Hi, John.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2020, 02:13:32 PM »

The library closure has been extended until mid-April.

At my work, the Admin and the union are going to meet on Tuesday to decide if they're going to extend our library closures past March 28.  I'm thinking it'll go longer, but will we still be able to get paid for all that time??  That's the question. :-\

George

« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2020, 02:15:36 PM »

I’m going to try to clean up some of the garage or do dishes, which have piled up.

I've done almost nothing this entire past week, except for watch some (but not a lot of) TV, and burn a couple of Blu-ray disks. ::) I need to clean up during this coming week.  I have to go into work on Monday and maybe Tuesday, but I still have a lot of time off. 

George

« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2020, 02:16:20 PM »

DR George, I loved the video of Stella and the leaves.  My little jock Stella would love that, too, I suspect.

Thanks, Larry!  Videos like that are always needed!

George

« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2020, 02:18:03 PM »

This is my last round of housecleaning today, so it's mostly picking up the cats' toys and vacuuming.  I need a new vacuum.

What a coinkydink!  My mom called me this morning, asking if I could come over and reassemble her vacuum. :o Evidently, she took some of it apart to remove stuff that got caught and she can't figure out how to put it back together.  Hopefully, I can help.

George

« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2020, 02:18:46 PM »

Annabelle's congestion seems to have broken up.  She's still having occasional huge fits to clear her head of crap but the raspy breathing and runny nose seem to be over.  I think the Lysine is doing great.

That's great news, Larry!

George

« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2020, 02:40:35 PM »

They’re hopeful we’ll be allowed to return within the week or that they’ll be able to set up remote access to our computer systems

That would be wonderful. They have blocked all entrance to the main office. Even if you left something important there, you can't get back on campus right now.

Fortunately, I can still get into my building if I need to.  I will on Monday, but others will be there, too.

George

« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2020, 02:41:54 PM »

The attorneys have submitted paperwork requesting we be considered an essential business as our clients are all considered essential businesses and they cannot effectively conduct their business without our work but we don’t know when the paperwork will be reviewed and processed or whether we’ll receive approval

I hope you are considered essential.  You certainly have a good argument for it.

Ditto and Ditto!!

George

« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2020, 02:46:56 PM »

How about some rebroadcasts of Broadway shows?

BroadwayHD is offering a free 7 day trial!  And the Metropolitan Opera is offering free streaming of select operas for 23 hours each (1 specific opera each day), through the end of the month!

George

« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2020, 02:51:45 PM »

And now, I need to (finally) take a shower, get dressed, and hie myself to my parents' house and hopefully be able to reassemble my mom's vacuum.  Pray for Rosemarymarie's Baby!

Be back later!

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2020, 02:53:12 PM »

Saturday afternoon greetings!  My major achievement today was an epic dust abatement in our bedroom.  I hope getting rid of the dust bunnies under our bed will help our allergies.  We don't want to be caught coughing and sniffling.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2020, 02:56:56 PM »

DR Vixmom, I'm so sorry to hear how things are unfolding for you.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2020, 03:01:25 PM »

PBS.org is showing some repeats for free, including the recent Little Women miniseries with Angela Lansbury. I think that one screens tomorrow.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2020, 03:01:42 PM »

― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2020, 03:03:39 PM »

I've had dinner, and I need to clean up my dishes and the cats'.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2020, 03:05:16 PM »

Tonight's a Midsomer Murders night.  I'm, thinking that tomorrow I will try to watch all of Sanditon during this surgery prep
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2020, 03:06:38 PM »

I just spent the last 45 minutes cleaning up some stuff in the garage. I think I got another layer straightened out. A few more layers and it might be navigable again. I have a lot of books that I was going to donate that, well, need to be donated. But I don't know how to do that now. Maybe I can drop them off at a Goodwill donation spot.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2020, 03:06:48 PM »

Update on DoorDash and the Cheesecake Factory - not happening.  No delivery times available EVER.  You go through all the trouble of filling everything out, getting the APP for your phone, choosing endless delivery times only to keep reading "not available at that time" even going five days ahead, still the same, then seeing on the APP that there are no available delivery times ever.  In other words, you can't order from there unless you want to pick it up, so why bother having the option to deliver if they can't.  So, I went directly to Stanley's website - two options there for delivery - via "ChowNow" or DoorDash.  Guess which I chose?  Placing through Chow Now it went through instantly for an ASAP delivery and according to their website that should happen within the next half hour.  No more DoorDash.

John G.

« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2020, 03:07:24 PM »

Tonight's a Midsomer Murders night.  I'm, thinking that tomorrow I will try to watch all of Sanditon during this surgery prep

I hate to say it, but that might be a good way to experience Sanditon.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up