Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POLISH NOTES  (Read 3431 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: THE POLISH NOTES
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2020, 06:54:36 AM »

I think JULIA is a terrific movie.  Jason Robards and Vanessa Redgrave certainly deserved their Oscars, though I was certainly turned -off by Redgrave's acceptance speech.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2020, 06:55:29 AM »

TOD 1:

I like David Niven in almost everything. Bluebeard’s Eighth Wife and The Bishop’s Wife are the top two that come to mind.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2020, 06:57:03 AM »

GUN FURY, as I recall, is an okay Western.

It's no HIGH NOON or SHANE, but entertaining...if you enjoy Westerns.

John G.

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2020, 06:58:39 AM »

I think JULIA is a terrific movie.  Jason Robards and Vanessa Redgrave certainly deserved their Oscars, though I was certainly turned -off by Redgrave's acceptance speech.

I loved that movie when it came out. I was sad to learn that it was likely all made up, that most of Hellman’s Pentimento was fictional.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2020, 07:03:08 AM »

Good morning!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2020, 07:26:36 AM »

BONJOUR TRISTESSE is a beauty, and I remember BK and I and a roomful of people getting our first look at that disc at the Home Theater meetup in Burbank. Nick and Julie showed us a few minutes of it (and probably a couple of other things) on a high quality projector and screen setup the HTF group had there for something else. I hadn’t seen the film but once many years prior, and it was a mouth watering revelation.

I've never read the novel or seen the film, but I love Jean Kerr's parody of it.  I think it's in Please Don't Eat the Daisies.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2020, 07:29:15 AM »

I am home from the Big Supermarket.  I picked up several items - $54.00 worth - and they were out of stock on one of the main reasons I made the trip!

I did not get to the post office.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2020, 07:45:14 AM »

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/have-you-seen/2020/04/02/beluga-whales-watch-penguin-shedd-aquarium/5110650002/

Penguin alert!

I was at the Shedd in November. Spent a good deal of time with both of these beauties.
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2020, 08:35:52 AM »

My screenplay of CHEYENNE WARRIOR (1994) is not only now available in a new paperback edition, but for the first time, there is also a version on Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086PKQG8K/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ASIN%3A+B086PKQG8K&qid=1585840770&s=books&sr=1-1

John G.

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2020, 09:13:00 AM »

Brian Stokes Mitchell has tested positive for COVID-19.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2020, 09:27:51 AM »

Trying to get an Amazon Fresh delivery time is impossible.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2020, 09:28:22 AM »

I thought I would try them out rather than step out again in the near future.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2020, 10:18:59 AM »

Brian Stokes Mitchell is the nephew of Brian Kelly the human star of Tv's FLIPPER......I think......

Nope that's Brian D'Arcy James......   :D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »

I have two prescriptions to pick up.....maybe I will drive down there tomorrow to give the motor car engine and turn and see what the town looks like.....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2020, 10:33:30 AM »

I went to Target to check on their delivery, which is only for orders over $35.00, but half their stock is out.  Since all I want is really worth no more than $10, it isn't worth it.  With delivery charges and tax, a $35.00 order comes to over $50 and that's ridiculous.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2020, 10:55:22 AM »

I am glad I did a baseline temperature awhile back.  Now when I wake up with scary symptoms, kind of normal for me but potential virus symptoms, I check 3 things.
1. Sniff to be sure I can smell
2. Take a deep breath
3. Take my temperature.

Actually every day I have been doing breathing exercises because of my mild cough which is now going on 5 months.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2020, 11:19:21 AM »

Well, I'm at work and the credit card website is working!  I can actually get some work done...at work! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2020, 11:19:59 AM »

I was also given a laptop so that when we start ordering again, I, and a couple of other people who would still need to come in to get their laptops, can work from home and have all the appropriate programs at our disposal. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2020, 11:40:53 AM »

At some point I did sleep.  I had a strange dream about a Christmas party/dinner at either Milla's or Rozanne's apartment.  I also had a dream of being at some sort of bazaar in a dept. store with floors and floors of used items for sale while I rode the elevator looking for some lady friend.  In my last dream, I was in a lecture hall.  My brother Randy was with me but we were sitting in different sections.  My friend Jeffrey, whom I've not seen since around 1990, was one of the speakers.  After the lecture, I couldn't find Randy, but I ran into Jeffrey, and we walked back toward my home in Middletown, OH, trying to find him.  I called Randy on my cell phone and learned that my mother had gone to Florida.

Our route was the walk I used to make from Roosevelt Junior High to my home.

Larry, were you at the holiday party at Milla's when Mario Fratti was there?

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Someone like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

George

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2020, 11:41:13 AM »

And since I have two screens and no one else is here now, I'm watching A Carol Christmas. :D

Freddie

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2020, 11:42:44 AM »

And then there was the do at Milla's where Milla mentioned that Hal Holbrook was staying in the building, since he was performing "Mark Twain Tonight" in the area.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Someone like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2020, 11:43:19 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - eight hours of sleep.

Freddie

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2020, 11:45:44 AM »

As we left, and the elevator opened, Skip said, "Hello Mr. Holbrook."

Freddie

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2020, 11:46:16 AM »

The timing was so strange, but he was very nice.

Freddie

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2020, 11:51:04 AM »

The second reason I slept badly was because I had a lot of contemplation of the current state of Babes In Toyland to deal with.  There's a side of me that wants to say junk it, forget about it, too much more work, and there's a side that says you started it, finish it.  It's so hard trying to reconcile John McGlinn's poorly researched recording with the edition.

Why not estimate cost to complete realistically based on having to deal with all those problems?  That way, you could if ever frustrated see it as a job that is worth the frustration.

When you don't really want the work badly, you have "hand" as Seinfeld would have said. 

Freddie

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2020, 12:09:15 PM »

And then of course if you can bring it in under that amount, you look like a hero.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2020, 12:13:21 PM »

Hello, Mr Holbrook!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2020, 12:34:49 PM »

Toilet paper hysteria has been replaced with mask hysteria.  Someone actually said, "If you're not wearing a mask and someone sneezes directly on you, you'll get it."  Since there's a shortage of the real masks where they actually need them, if you're wearing any other kind of mask and someone is close enough to sneeze on you, you're getting it anyway.  Now people are wearing goggles and trying to cover every inch of their skin, but sill aren't within six feet of anyone so to what end?  But our mayor here is feeding this beast daily, and you can't argue with people on Facebook because they're like a herd of panicked dogs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2020, 12:36:48 PM »

Other than that. Facebook is all videos of performers keeping their faces out there and lists - oh, the lists - ten favorites of this, of that, every day in every way.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2020, 12:49:47 PM »

I started listening to Donna Tartt’s The Little Friend. Enormous book that started out very well. But I’ve now listened to 19 hours of this thing and it has outstayed its welcome. And there’s still 7 or so hours left.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up