Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POLISH NOTES  (Read 3460 times)

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
Re: THE POLISH NOTES
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2020, 12:50:19 PM »

Other than that. Facebook is all videos of performers keeping their faces out there and lists - oh, the lists - ten favorites of this, of that, every day in every way.

Absolutely shameful -
that mine hasn't even reached 100 yet with all this oher people's blatant self-aggrandizing.

Well, who wants to "go viral" at a time like this anyway?

Asking the musical question: Doesn't 6 feet apart beat 6 feet und
"With My Friend Killing Time".
https://youtu.be/zpXdp6iS40w
(everyone in the video guaranteed observing the six-feet-apart rule)
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Someone like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2020, 12:55:11 PM »

Trying to decide on food.  I good do egg burritos here, I could call Barone's and go pick up a little pizza and salad, which was my plan originally, I could make Wacky Noodles but I think I need a pasta break.  So...  decisions, decisions.

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2020, 12:55:42 PM »

I would like to enjoy a PLEONASM, but I think I'm too old.

If you try J-date, almost all of us here would be on the younger side of the site users.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Someone like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2020, 01:01:34 PM »

I boiled eggs today. I’m debating between deviled eggs and egg salad.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2020, 01:12:22 PM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!  Ohio's house arrest stay-at-home order has been extended until May 1.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2020, 01:12:29 PM »

Make the deviled eggs, then when/if you want, you can use them to make egg salad also. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2020, 01:12:52 PM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!  Ohio's house arrest stay-at-home order has been extended until May 1.

:o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2020, 01:14:35 PM »

I had kitty mutiny tonight.  I tried to feed them Fancy Feast Marinated Beef Morsels, and all three cats refused to go near it.  So I finally admitted defeat, washed out their bowls and gave them a mixup of Fancy Feast Grilled Salmon and Fancy Feast Grilled Salmon & Shrimp.  It was like kitty crack. So, then I did what I've postponed for the past two days; I climbed the Big Ladder and pulled down 24 assorted cans of food.  I expect no more mutinies until these cans run low.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2020, 01:18:18 PM »

Make the deviled eggs, then when/if you want, you can use them to make egg salad also. ;D

I like that thought process. Thank you.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2020, 01:33:53 PM »

And, in other news, early this morning a car was found a few blocks from here with 2 bodies inside - gunshot victims, a man and a woman, both from Cleveland.  The car had been stopped just after midnight for a headlight violation.  Things must have escalated in the ensuing 5 hours.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2020, 01:35:32 PM »

I like that thought process. Thank you.

My sister makes pretty good deviled eggs, and usually too many for any gathering, so when I take home some leftovers, I may eat some of them, but to be different, I usually add a little mustard and pepper (necessary based on her deviled eggs recipe), cut them up an have some sandwiches!

George

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2020, 01:36:04 PM »

And, in other news, early this morning a car was found a few blocks from here with 2 bodies inside - gunshot victims, a man and a woman, both from Cleveland.  The car had been stopped just after midnight for a headlight violation.  Things must have escalated in the ensuing 5 hours.

Oh, my goodness! :(

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2020, 01:45:43 PM »

Sounds like my 94th Street neighborhood in 1979.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2020, 01:54:28 PM »

Not something you'd expect on Euclid between Sherman and Grand, huh, DR Elmore?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2020, 01:55:41 PM »

Well, I'm at work and the credit card website is working!  I can actually get some work done...at work! ;D

Yay.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2020, 01:56:42 PM »

I was also given a laptop so that when we start ordering again, I, and a couple of other people who would still need to come in to get their laptops, can work from home and have all the appropriate programs at our disposal. :)

This is great.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2020, 01:56:57 PM »

And since I have two screens and no one else is here now, I'm watching A Carol Christmas. :D

;D :)

John G.

« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2020, 02:07:10 PM »

Not something you'd expect on Euclid between Sherman and Grand, huh, DR Elmore?

No. Not even after Hillbilly Elegy.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2020, 02:07:58 PM »

Today’s Weill is Happy End. Surabaya Johnny and Bilbao Song.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2020, 02:09:08 PM »

Thunderstorm just started.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2020, 02:10:07 PM »

Toilet paper hysteria has been replaced with mask hysteria.  Someone actually said, "If you're not wearing a mask and someone sneezes directly on you, you'll get it."  Since there's a shortage of the real masks where they actually need them, if you're wearing any other kind of mask and someone is close enough to sneeze on you, you're getting it anyway.  Now people are wearing goggles and trying to cover every inch of their skin, but sill aren't within six feet of anyone so to what end?  But our mayor here is feeding this beast daily, and you can't argue with people on Facebook because they're like a herd of panicked dogs.

If you wear a mask and the other person wears a mask there is more protection.  If you wear goggles not only the virus can't it get into your eyes, you can't touch your eyes with germy hands. 

Before it was stated you only need to wear a mask if you are sick, however, by the time you know you are sick others have been exposed.    I think this is the real reason for the current push to wear masks.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:15:42 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2020, 02:10:59 PM »

I like the idea of wearing home made masks.  If only I could sew.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2020, 02:13:18 PM »

:o

You seem surprised.  I expect ours will also be extended.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2020, 02:13:43 PM »

Dr Ginny how are Rob & Mary Linda doing?

Jane

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2020, 02:14:46 PM »

:(

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2020, 02:19:26 PM »

Scary DR GINNY.

Two policeman were called to my neighborhood yesterday because two men were in the yard of the house behind mine....they had pulled up in a truck with a home made trailer pulled behind it.

They tried the front door and then proceeded to go into the backyard.

Oh...it's was me who called the police.  When they came one of the men showed the policeman a piece of paper and the police left....then the man waved to me as I was standing in the door....

It COULD have been something.....might have been something.....well it was nothing....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2020, 02:19:43 PM »

LOL DR freddie - that is true.....

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2020, 02:20:01 PM »

Dr Ginny how are Rob & Mary Linda doing?

They called last night, just as we were sitting down to a late supper.  They were eating take-out, so we had dinner with them.  She's working entirely from home and has been almost since they moved.  Rob still goes in, but his major responsibility (because he has medical training) is to watch the governor's daily briefing for info pertinent to company operations.  He showers and changes clothes as soon as he gets home.  They are continuing to unpack and get settled.  The crib we ordered should arrive tomorrow  :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2020, 02:20:08 PM »

DR ELMORE congrats on finding the Kitty Food Combination.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2020, 02:20:22 PM »

I am still eating my meatloaf.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up