Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE QUASI-STUPOR  (Read 4535 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE QUASI-STUPOR
« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2020, 10:11:59 PM »

Everything I want on OverDrive is coming in all at once. I don’t know what to listen to next. But I am finishing Donna Tartt’s book, The Little Friend, tonight. Not my favorite book of hers.

Does your library also have 3 days to check out a book once it becomes available or you drop back in the queue for a week?

Jane

« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2020, 10:18:03 PM »

I am a very relieved mother.  Bryan now has an N95 mask and scrubs to work in that he will leave at the hospital after his shift.  The hospital will clean them so he doesn't have to take anything home with him.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2020, 10:37:36 PM »

Tom, I’m not able to make potato salad. I never have potatoes around. I’m not supposed to be eating them.

Do you ever eat sweet potatoes as a treat?
It wouldn’t be a treat. I don’t dislike them, but they’re a little too sweet for my tastes.

They wouldn't be a treat for me.  I just don't like 'em. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2020, 10:49:45 PM »

I know there are a couple of packages to get, but I think I'll wait until Sunday to get them - very few folks there on Sunday.

Today, I received the original off-Broadway cast recording to Anything Can Happen in the Theater: The Musical World of Maury Yeston.  I had it sent go my home and it actually arrived!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #214 on: April 03, 2020, 10:49:53 PM »

Tom, I’m not able to make potato salad. I never have potatoes around. I’m not supposed to be eating them.

It wouldn’t be a treat. I don’t dislike them, but they’re a little too sweet for my tastes.

I especially like them fried.

George

« Reply #215 on: April 03, 2020, 10:50:19 PM »

In the same order, I also ordered the Harbinger reissue of Celebration.  I ordered both of these at the same time from Amazon, not a marketplace seller, and for the first time in forever, the two items were sent separately. 

George

« Reply #216 on: April 03, 2020, 10:51:53 PM »

The Yeston package was given to the post office and it was put in my mailbox, but the Celebration delivery was attempted by UPS and is now being held at a UPS store on the west side of Olympia.  I should be able to pick it up after 1:00 tomorrow, but still I have to drive over to the west side to get it. :P If I want it redelivered, it'll cost $2.00.  I say :P to that.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:37:00 PM by George »

George

« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2020, 10:53:30 PM »

DR George, I got your package today.  Many thanks!

You're welcome, Larry!

George

« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2020, 10:54:31 PM »

My friend in Pasadena, CA told me about a streaming services, kanopy.com.   You can watch a certain number of movies a month for free. You just have to have a library card from a participating library.   They have an eclectic choice of movies.  There are lots of documentaries too.

My library provides that service.

George

« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2020, 10:56:11 PM »

My acupuncturist reopened her office today. She was masked and gloved while she treated me. She has to get used to the gloves while inserting the needles. The building maintenance staff installed dispensers of disinfectant wipes at several locations.

Good!

Jane

« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2020, 11:02:25 PM »

DR George how many packages had you sent to work that are "missing?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2020, 11:12:10 PM »

There are 8,746 confirmed cases in my county, 1,141 just yesterday.

796 of those cases are in my township and 89 are in my little 6.2 square mile hamlet

84 deaths county wide so far
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:20:40 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2020, 11:13:39 PM »

I love baked sweet potatoes and sweet potato fries

George

« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2020, 11:20:37 PM »

DR George how many packages had you sent to work that are "missing?

It looks like just one...so far.  That first one that was supposed to be delivered that first day when no one was at work.

George

« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2020, 11:29:07 PM »

My mom has been having a sore throat and body aches, the past couple of days she had heaviness in her chest.   My sister in law took her to be tested yesterday
The results came in today and fortunately they were negative for corona

Very good news, Vixmom!

George

« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2020, 11:33:56 PM »

In other news my SIL’s  brother-in-law is waiting the results of his test.  He works in a group home and three people there tested positive, and he is showing all the symptoms including a raging fever

Oh no.  That does sound like it.  Sending him get well vibes!

~~~Additional Vibes!!~~~

George

« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2020, 11:34:46 PM »

I am a very relieved mother.  Bryan now has an N95 mask and scrubs to work in that he will leave at the hospital after his shift.  The hospital will clean them so he doesn't have to take anything home with him.

Very good news!!

George

« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2020, 11:36:15 PM »

I especially like them fried.

My sister and niece really like them, but not me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2020, 11:39:19 PM »

John, I didn’t want you to make the potato salad for you.  I wanted you to make it for me.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2020, 11:40:20 PM »

796 of those cases are in my township and 89 are in my little 6.2 square mile hamlet

I heard on the news today the numbers in Long Island were increasing :(

Jane

« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2020, 11:41:31 PM »

Very good news!!

Thanks.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2020, 11:47:53 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone read today's notes and by the lack of responses, I'd say chances are they didn't.

I read the notes, twice.  What was I suppose to respond about?  Your sandwich?  SHOWBOAT?  PEYTON PLACE?  GUN FURY?  Tomorrow’s menu choices?  The Topics of the Day?
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2020, 11:48:32 PM »

I heard on the news today the numbers in Long Island were increasing :(

Over 1000 are in the north fork (east end) affluent town of Southold. Apparently  locals are blaming it on wealthy NYC residents with second homes bringing it with them out of Manhattan

George

« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2020, 11:51:49 PM »

Wow.  In Thurston County, there are only 52 confirmed cases and no deaths.  All across Washington state as of today, there are 6,966 cases and 284 total deaths out of 82,599 total tests.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2020, 11:54:07 PM »

Funny all the talk regarding PEYTON PLACE.  Tonight I watched a rerun of MURDER SHE WROTE that mirrors RETURN TO PEYTON PLACE.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2020, 11:56:13 PM »

So, if the next recommendation is that if you go out you must wear galoshes, a leather pantsuit, and hold a can of Lysol in front of you while doing the Texas two-step, will you do it just because you're being told to? :)

If you sneeze or cough and don’t have a mask, you can infect things around, or you cough into your hand and then touch something...the person who comes by 5 minutes later touches what you touched, touches their nose or eye and the virus can be transmitted. 

You never came within 6 feet of each other, never saw each other.

The mask is not to protect you, it’s to protect others from you.

The goggles are to keep you from touching your eyes...glasses wearers already have that as a reminder.

Folks, I understand.  I understand that the story changes every ten minutes.  As I said earlier, I personally am not near people, I have heard not a single person cough or sneeze anywhere outside at least not where I've been, and I don't touch anything with my bare hands - I have two large paper towels with me to pick things up with.  You cannot catch this from breathing air.  For you to get droplets anywhere on your person you have to be within six feet of someone AND they have to cough and/or sneeze and/or both in your direction.  The droplets dissipate within a few minutes.  If people want to wear masks then they should wear masks.  And if they don't, and they are taking the suggested precautions, then no one should look askance at them.   It has simply become impossible to know what's real, what's conjecture, what's supposition and that is because every day it's a new thing.  A week ago, they said masks did no good.  Now they're recommending them.  Next week it'll be some other story.  Everyone just needs to stay in and when they're out stay away from others.  This, too, shall pass.

I hope your mom feels better.  If she has her sense of smell and taste, she doesn't have this - they say those two senses go instantly.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2020, 11:56:43 PM »

Only about half the cast has responded to the July performance dates.  I guess they will have recast, at least, a few cast members.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2020, 11:58:11 PM »

The show’s producer still wants to hold some rehearsals on Zoom.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2020, 11:58:17 PM »

So BK how do you plan to do your Best of Kritzerland show?  Here or on FB or some other way?

My plan is to start the videos at around six so it's not too late on the East Coast - does that sound good?  I'm going to post them on my page and so I'm recommending that beginning at six people just hang out on my page so they can see them as they come in, probably five minutes apart.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2020, 12:00:35 AM »

Guess I better write some notes.  I went to make the tuna pasta salad.  I pulled out the package of elbow macaroni only to notice the expiry date was last October - don't want to chance that.  The funny thing is I can't remember when I bought that pasta but every time I'd make it I'd buy new pasta and never use this bag, don't know why.  So, I made it with fusilli and we'll see how that tastes tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up