Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DANCE CARD  (Read 27432 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:THE DANCE CARD
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2005, 08:50:55 AM »

I have always loved Sandra Boyton's stuff

there's one I used to reaqd to the Vixter when she was small about  "Pout  & Grump", and also "Not the Hippopotomus"

DH has a mug with a  Sandra Boyton  cat saying  "Paws off my Mug"

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2005, 08:54:25 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE TWO DANCE!!![/move]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 08:56:24 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2005, 09:21:01 AM »

Lunch time, at last, when I can jump in here and converse!

First of all, health vibes for DR Elmore.   This surgeon sounds like he knows his stuff.

Safe travels to DR Jose, gracious host.  I had my morning coffee this morning in my Mamma Mia cup.  Do you think drinking coffee from it will help me sing like Lauren or have the body of the woman who played Tanya?  I can hear Elmore now, saying, "Only God can make a tree!"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2005, 09:22:02 AM »

That Doris Day set is priced so attractively at some leading on-line retailers that the set can be had for less than $8 a film. And the nice part is that there isn't a bad movie in the bunch, and many show Doris at her very best (LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME, CALAMITY JANE, THE PAJAMA GAME). The versions of CJ and TPG that I already purchased will make a nice gift for a travel buddy of mine with the new sturdier case versions to go on my shelf.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2005, 09:23:09 AM »

I, too, hope DR Elmore's health is on the mend and will be sending even more positive thoughts as the operation date approaches. I put it on my calendar so I wouldn't forget.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2005, 09:24:04 AM »

My mother used to make simple wonderful Christmas cookies with icing on them that I loved.  She continued to send me a batch every year until she got to infirm to bake anymore.

She also used to make a pretty good pork b-b-q and really good home-made pizza.  Junket was another of my favourites she made and little tiny cinnamon roll-ups for breakfast.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2005, 09:25:17 AM »

Lunch time, at last, when I can jump in here and converse!

First of all, health vibes for DR Elmore.   This surgeon sounds like he knows his stuff.

Safe travels to DR Jose, gracious host.  I had my morning coffee this morning in my Mamma Mia cup.  Do you think drinking coffee from it will help me sing like Lauren or have the body of the woman who played Tanya?  I can hear Elmore now, saying, "Only God can make a tree!"

DRGinny ;D ;D ;D!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2005, 09:25:46 AM »

MattH, DEADWOOD's getting lively; especially now that Al is back up and around.  Did anyone catch Ian McShane on Bill Maher the other night.  It was quite smart and fun.

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2005, 09:26:54 AM »

Good health vibes for DR Elmore.  I meant to say so earlier. ~~~~~~~~

And DRs Ginny, Jose, Joey, and JRand, I enjoyed the pics from MAMMA MIA ( I love that show).

And DR TCB, I also enjoyed the pic of DRs Ann and Jed.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2005, 09:30:18 AM »

The character of Al in DEADWOOD is one of THE great TV creations of this century (admittedly, it's been a short century thus far). And the adversarial relationship with Bullock is just terrific. I am SO glad HBO has already renewed the show for another season.

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2005, 09:31:59 AM »

Did anyone see the new TRADING SPACES on Saturday (the one without Paige Davis)?  It was very bizarre.  To me Paige really made the show.  And now they have 2 designers AND 2 carpenters.  And the people who are Trading Spaces have much more responsibility.  They have to run down the street to arrive at their house ALONE. And they have to walk into their own house at the end ALONE.

It was very weird having them walk into their houses and have to wander around trying to figure out which room was redone. Then they had to figure out what was done (Paige used to guide them).

It was very bizarre.  I was told one reason they wanted to change the format was to be able to trade spaces with people in different cities (they didn't do that in this case).

Does anyone know if Paige was actually fired or if she was happy to move on?  I'd be interested to hear more of the real story.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2005, 09:32:58 AM »

Jack , you have a beautiful face, I would love it on your posts,

That's not Jack's face on his posts????   :o
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2005, 09:33:36 AM »

DR's TCB, Ann, & Jed - glad you had dinner together and posted a picture.

DR Tomovoz - There's an ICE CREAM TOUR planned for 2006?  Be sure to put Cincinnati on the itinerary - Graeter's (my favorite) and Aglamesi's are local treasures.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2005, 09:34:41 AM »

Mega health vibes to DR Elmore3003!!!

DRs JRand54, Rodzinski, and Kerry...watch for the mailman this week!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2005, 09:38:09 AM »

I, too, hope DR Elmore's health is on the mend and will be sending even more positive thoughts as the operation date approaches. I put it on my calendar so I wouldn't forget.

As if, with all my pissing and moaning anyone could forget! ;D

That's very sweet of you, DRMattH!  I, too, love JUMBO because of the score, and I think Doris sings "Little Girl Blue" better than anyone.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2005, 09:39:38 AM »

Mega health vibes to DR Elmore3003!!!

DRs JRand54, Rodzinski, and Kerry...watch for the mailman this week!

Glad you're back, Mikey!  Where are those photos you promised us?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2005, 09:44:36 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  

BRIC-A-BRAC, baby, BRIC-A-BRAC!

I will second the motion on I Know Where I'm Going - a wonderful Powell/Pressburger film, with a great feisty performance by Wendy Hiller.  

One of my events has been confirmed - I shall be going to see the Musical Theater Group concert reading of Sail Away this evening.  I will have much to say about it and the group tomorrow.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2005, 09:49:34 AM »

Great photo TCB and Tomovoz, I’m ready for the 2006 ice cream tour.

JRand, diet or not, I would enjoy your own friendly face on the avatar.

MBarnum –Fat Kitty & Black Kitty-LOL.  I guess, at least they have names-Craig’s cat in Romania still doesn’t have a name.  I think I shall call him now to verify that.  Darn, once again I can't get through.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2005, 09:52:26 AM »

elmore, I have a very fond memory of sitting with Maggie Raye in a piano bar in San Clemente after a show and her leaning against the piano singing Little Girl Blue to me.

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2005, 10:01:42 AM »

LOL DR Jane! Fat Kitty's alias is Jennifer when in public! LOL! James says she is embarrassed by her name....although it is more then fitting...that is one plump cat!

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2005, 10:05:28 AM »

Yes, DR JRand54, those hills in Seattle...my legs got quite the workout! And what a beautiful place Seattle is...Saturday was around 70 degrees and sunny! We were very fortunate!!

I am now listening to a Japanese CD that I picked up in Seattle...it is called BEST 30 '63...it is a compilation of top Japanese pop hits of 1963...there were one for 1960 through at least 1969..but at $30 a pop I only bought the one from my birth year! Right now a Japanese duo is singing their version of the song HEY PAULA! LOL!

I also picked up a double CD set of Kyu Sakamoto's singles.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2005, 10:08:12 AM »

That Doris Day set is priced so attractively at some leading on-line retailers that the set can be had for less than $8 a film. And the nice part is that there isn't a bad movie in the bunch, and many show Doris at her very best (LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME, CALAMITY JANE, THE PAJAMA GAME). The versions of CJ and TPG that I already purchased will make a nice gift for a travel buddy of mine with the new sturdier case versions to go on my shelf.

These sets are quickly replacing those TV series sets as my primary DVD purchases.  As you said, DR Matt, who can resist so many terrific films at that price?  Along with the DD set, I'm looking forward to the Errol Flynn set.

My only complaint about these packages is the flimsy slipcases they come in.  But I suppose that that helps keep the overall costs down, so I won't gripe too loudly about it.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2005, 10:10:11 AM »

As I mentioned, I prefer the new cases to those old snappers for Pajama Game and Calamity Jane.  Better covers, too.  I haven't looked at them, but I'm presuming the transfers are the same.

MBarnum

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2005, 10:15:24 AM »

I must have missed it, but when is the Doris Day set coming out?

I do hope Doris' BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON is released someday...I love that movie!

Jane

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2005, 10:20:54 AM »

Matt H I’m finding Tim Daly’s performance in EYES delightful but I’m not sure if I like the show.  

Has anyone else been watching HOUSE and NUMBE3S?  I’m enjoying both shoes very much.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2005, 10:23:24 AM »

~~~ More Health Vibes for DR Elmore!! ~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2005, 10:27:19 AM »

Must

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2005, 10:27:40 AM »

get

Jane

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2005, 10:27:52 AM »

Having our own outdoor Shakespeare Theater here in Ashland my book discussion group is reading Hamlet’s Dresser, a memoir by Bob Smith.   I think this is a book most of you will appreciate very mucy.

“Growing up in Stratford, CT, Bob Smith's life was hard and made harder by the difficulties of his profoundly retarded sister, his overwrought mother and harsh father, but found a window into a new world through Shakespeare.  When he was 16, the Stratford Shakespeare Theater, with its many celebrity actors, moved into town and Bob became its biggest fan - and Hamlet's Dresser.  At the age of 19, he joined the troupe and traveled the country.  Bob ultimately became an authority on Shakespeare, teaching Shakespeare in several venues and, in particular, to seniors.”  

JMK

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2005, 10:28:04 AM »

back

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up