Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AND NOW, JULY  (Read 4470 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: AND NOW, JULY
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2020, 04:53:48 PM »

I think that good dental home care is very appropriate right now. I took an oral probiotic during the months when I couldn't see the hygienist due to lockdown. Everything we do can help.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2020, 04:58:41 PM »

I brush my teeth and floss.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2020, 04:58:52 PM »

I thought that was an important post.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2020, 04:59:56 PM »

Listening to the wonderful Munch Bruch Violin Concerto.  I became really fond of a lot of violin concertos when writing GEE due to the book's second half heroine being a young violin player.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2020, 05:00:21 PM »

It was indeed.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2020, 05:01:18 PM »

;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2020, 05:12:58 PM »

Vibes to pug!

George, is she showing symptoms?

Thanks, Jeanne!  This is what pug wrote on her FB page:

First off, I am a very very lucky woman. The outpouring of concern and love has made me cry (happy tears) more than once in the last few hours. I love my community and I love you my friends and thank you.

I have decided I'm going to post about how I am doing. Because it's an easy way of getting this information out for the people who are concerned. And because there are many faces to this Covid thing.

First off I went to the doctor because I was feeling achy and stuffy headed had a scratchy throat and some tummy cramps. I have never had a fever. Not at all. So the important take away from this is do not expect fever to be the litmus test for this thing.

When I went into Sea Mar yesterday they gave me two tests. The first has 15-minute turn around but it has a high failure rate. It can often give you a false negative, not so with the positive.
The second test is more reliable but takes two to three days to get back. I came out positive with a 15-minute test. Ethan took the same two tests, but his 15-minute test came back negative. We will find out in a few days. Marko has also been tested with the slower test.

Today, I have no fever. I do not have any severe symptoms. What I do have are muscle cramps, I feel like I can't get warm and my soft palate is swollen and itchy, anything I eat gives me slight abdominal cramping. I woke up sneezing and coughing.
I am isolating in the bedroom, have started doing breathing exercises to try to keep my lungs open and clear. I'm buckling down on my diet. Going even more heavily into keto than I have been for the last few months.It's been a bit wobbly wobbly since we've been in lockdown. It is an anti-inflammatory diet and inflammation is the killer in this disease. So I am being proactive.

That's what I've got for now. Hug the people you can. Wash your hands. Know that I love you. And wear your fucking masks.

Vibes for Pug.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2020, 05:28:51 PM »

Vibes to pug!

First off, I am a very very lucky woman. The outpouring of concern and love has made me cry (happy tears) more than once in the last few hours. I love my community and I love you my friends and thank you.

I have decided I'm going to post about how I am doing. Because it's an easy way of getting this information out for the people who are concerned. And because there are many faces to this Covid thing.

First off I went to the doctor because I was feeling achy and stuffy headed had a scratchy throat and some tummy cramps. I have never had a fever. Not at all. So the important take away from this is do not expect fever to be the litmus test for this thing.

When I went into Sea Mar yesterday they gave me two tests. The first has 15-minute turn around but it has a high failure rate. It can often give you a false negative, not so with the positive.
The second test is more reliable but takes two to three days to get back. I came out positive with a 15-minute test. Ethan took the same two tests, but his 15-minute test came back negative. We will find out in a few days. Marko has also been tested with the slower test.

Today, I have no fever. I do not have any severe symptoms. What I do have are muscle cramps, I feel like I can't get warm and my soft palate is swollen and itchy, anything I eat gives me slight abdominal cramping. I woke up sneezing and coughing.
I am isolating in the bedroom, have started doing breathing exercises to try to keep my lungs open and clear. I'm buckling down on my diet. Going even more heavily into keto than I have been for the last few months.It's been a bit wobbly wobbly since we've been in lockdown. It is an anti-inflammatory diet and inflammation is the killer in this disease. So I am being proactive.

That's what I've got for now. Hug the people you can. Wash your hands. Know that I love you. And wear your fucking masks.

Thanks, George. Her symptoms certainly do not sound like the usual ones we've heard about. It's good that she found out right away and can take appropriate measures. I hope that her symptoms do not get any worse and she gets over it quickly. Ethan and Marko are her sons? Vibes to them as well.

Thanks, Jeanne.  Marko is her husband and Ethan is their son.  pug also has two older daughters, but Marko isn't their father, but they're all one big, very happy family. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2020, 05:30:51 PM »

I was also wondering their relationship.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #159 on: July 01, 2020, 05:32:47 PM »

Vibes for a speedy and full recovery for Pug and vibes the rest of the family doesn’t get it
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2020, 05:39:44 PM »

Years ago, I had a dental hygienist that said that flossing should be done first, and I've been doing it that way ever since.  I don't know if it really makes a difference, but to me it seems that if you floss first, you can then brush away all the gunk that's removed by the flossing.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2020, 05:40:08 PM »

Vibes to pug!

Vibes for Pug.

Thanks, John!

George

« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2020, 05:41:15 PM »

Vibes for a speedy and full recovery for Pug and vibes the rest of the family doesn’t get it

Thanks, Vixmom!

George

« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2020, 05:41:35 PM »

DR George thanks for sharing Pug's story.

George

« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2020, 05:41:51 PM »

:D

John G.

« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2020, 05:43:01 PM »

Getting ready to watch Paulo Szot in Shostakovish’s The Nose. The preview looked hilarious. It’s got animation of the nose, a dancing nose and Lord knows what else.

Pardon the pun.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2020, 05:46:32 PM »

I'm interested in seeing that, but not tonight. Am I right in thinking they make these available for 24 hours?

John G.

« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2020, 05:49:55 PM »

Yes, ChasSmith. 24 hours. The other good thing is this one is only 2 hours long.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2020, 06:12:02 PM »

Years ago, I had a dental hygienist that said that flossing should be done first, and I've been doing it that way ever since.  I don't know if it really makes a difference, but to me it seems that if you floss first, you can then brush away all the gunk that's removed by the flossing.

Interesting since in the office they floss last.   

Jane

« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2020, 06:12:32 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: July 01, 2020, 06:18:47 PM »

Always floss first.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2020, 06:26:53 PM »

Glad you enjoyed the review MR BK.  I like the book a LOT - but it's not a typical kind of book.....I had to really think how to write my review.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2020, 07:16:02 PM »

Well, it's time for me to lock up the building and head to my sister's. 

George

« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2020, 07:16:32 PM »

My sister is going to send our aunts a care package, and I've ordered and have now received the stuff we're going to send.

George

« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2020, 07:17:09 PM »

We're going to send some Lorna Doone shortbread cookies, Bit-O-Honey candies, a box of individual bags of popcorn, a Costco sized bag of Hershey's Nuggets assortments, Big Hunk candy bars and Abba Zaba candy bars.  Our aunts specified what they like, so that's what we got. :)

Be back later.

Jennifer

« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2020, 07:29:18 PM »

Our big plan for today is to visit the public library for curbside pick-up.

"Curbside pick-up" seems to have a number of meanings. I always thought it meant driving through the parking lot to a specifiied spot where you are given a package. I called Best Buy the other day and was told that there it means you park your car, then go inside the store to a specific counter. That could mean being around a lot of people. And how is that different from pre-Covid store pick-up?

To me curbside pickup means they bring it out to your car. I've never heard of what you mentioned.

John G.

« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2020, 08:02:59 PM »

Our big plan for today is to visit the public library for curbside pick-up.

"Curbside pick-up" seems to have a number of meanings. I always thought it meant driving through the parking lot to a specifiied spot where you are given a package. I called Best Buy the other day and was told that there it means you park your car, then go inside the store to a specific counter. That could mean being around a lot of people. And how is that different from pre-Covid store pick-up?

To me curbside pickup means they bring it out to your car. I've never heard of what you mentioned.

I agree, Jennifer.

Curbside pickup at the library is slightly different. You call and they place your items on a table in front of the door. Then you can go pick them up. That way you have no communication with the library staff in person, only over the phone when you call to let them know you're there.

How that's working with early voting going on, I don't know.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2020, 08:05:11 PM »

Just finished with The Nose. It was cool to see Paulo Szot in something fully operatic. I'd only seen him in South Pacific before. The production is strange and wonderful and unlike anything I've ever seen in an opera. Not one of the greats. There's not enough emotionally to take with me, but the satire is pointed and on target. And I liked the music a lot.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2020, 08:05:26 PM »

I'm going to take a shower before bed.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2020, 08:05:34 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up