Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I.E.  (Read 15440 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:I.E.
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2005, 09:28:48 AM »

LOL DtM.....you're probably right.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2005, 09:30:32 AM »

Fussbudget - isn't that a small yellow bird?

We ate bolongna and hot dogs from the Eckrich company.  I still eat them both.  I like to put some cheese salsa on a piece of bread and add a hot dog and microwave it for a quick snack or lunch.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2005, 09:30:52 AM »

Oh now it's page three, but the weather is TOO nice to take time to dance.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2005, 10:20:03 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I didn't get out of bed until abour 20 minutes ago - 1:00pm EDT.  But since I didn't really get to bed until 5:00am, I guess I did get my eight hours.

Gorgeous day here to in Richmond.  Supposed to get into the 70s today.  And I don't have to mow a lawn either!

;)

*But I'll be unpacking some more boxes later.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2005, 10:30:57 AM »

RE: Bologna and Braunschweiger (Thanks for jogging the childhood culinary memories, DR Rodzinksi.)

The stand-by school lunch sandwich was Oscar Mayer Bologna with a slice of American Cheese on Wonder Bread.  Sometimes a slice of Velveeta would replace the American Cheese.  Some days that was a good sandwich, and other days it was the last thing I wanted to eat for lunch.

*And to think that my Mom didn't really worry too much about keeping our lunch bags cool with ice packs.  Ah, the times they are a-changin'.

However, I always loved fried bologna sandwiches - hot or cold.  And for an extra treat, sometimes with a slice of fried salami in there too.  I seem to remember that once I discovered the joys of fried bologna, that I tried to fry every other cold cut my parents had in the fridge.  Pimiento Loaf always came out interestingly.

And my favorite fried bologna sandwich was anyone that happened to have a slice with a peppercorn in it.  Loved that "bite".  Fried bologna and salami would also make frequent appearances at weekend breakfasts and brunches.

Braunschweiger was one of those foods that I probably should not have liked as a kid, but did.  That and it's close cousin liverwurst.  But both had to be Oscar Mayer too.  Braunschweiger and chunks of cheddar cheese on a Ritz or a saltine....Perfection!  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2005, 10:35:52 AM »

Oh... And my Mom was a big fan of Jell-O, and our school lunch desserts usually consisted of whatever concoction of Jell-O (pick a flavor, any flavor) and canned fruit (peaches, pears, or fruit cocktail) she would mix up almost on a daily basis.  My favorites were the ones where she would beat up the Jell-O to make it all frothy and lighter in color, then it would layer itself in the container.  She had a great assortment of Tupperware containers -most of which would eventually get left in my cubby hole at school and/or accidentally thrown away in the cafeteria.  Oops!
Make Your Own Luck.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2005, 10:50:30 AM »

I have nothing to add to the bologna/Jell-o discussion except this:  :P  :-X

And to say that I saw the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile driving by my school when I was going to get a Cherry Coke a few weeks ago.

Oh, and My BIG Fat Greek Wedding. That's all I got.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2005, 10:52:11 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  What a lazy boy am I.

Shayne, I believe I posted about Reefer Madness' stage version yesterday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2005, 10:52:23 AM »

FUSSBUDGET!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2005, 10:56:17 AM »

My brother says The BIG Labowski, although he doesn't know how to spell it and neither do I.

And he says that, come to think of it, it might be The Great Labowski, in which case- never mind.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2005, 10:59:06 AM »

And if you want to hear about interesting Jell-o combinations, just wait until my mom gets home.

The BIG Comfy Couch. Does that count?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2005, 11:03:20 AM »

OK- Time to get my day in gear - Sleeping in is nice, but it does tend to eat some daylight.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2005, 11:06:18 AM »

FUSSBUDGET!  I always allot at least $3.51 US to my FUSS BUDGET.  That buys quite a bit of fussing.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2005, 11:11:05 AM »

This time of the semester (term paper and final exam season), I have to increase the amount of money in my fuss budget to account for all the fussing I do. Just ask my mom.

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2005, 11:29:54 AM »

With all the gas talk yesterday, the gas here is 90.3 cents/litre.  Does anyone know how that compares to the $2/gallon people were mentioning yesterday?

Also, DR MBarnum was talking about self-serve vs service stations.  Do most states have both?  Here most gas stations have both options.

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2005, 11:31:27 AM »

IT is very warm here today (and was warm yesterday). Probably high 60s to 70F. Wow, I'm loving it!

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2005, 11:48:32 AM »

I think Oregon and New Jersey are the only non-self serve gas states, as I recall.

I have a large pussy-cat sleeping on my lap, and an old lady in my living room watching her third (3rd) 1930s John Wayne western!

Soon mom will be returning to Medford and I can have my television back...I have Bollywood movies to watch, darn it!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2005, 11:53:57 AM »

I think Oregon and New Jersey are the only non-self serve gas states, as I recall.

I have a large pussy-cat sleeping on my lap, and an old lady in my living room watching her third (3rd) 1930s John Wayne western!

Soon mom will be returning to Medford and I can have my television back...I have Bollywood movies to watch, darn it!

MBarnum, do you have any idea what accounts for your interesting choices in movies, music, and television?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2005, 11:56:21 AM »

Also, MBarnum, do you have any relatives in the Tacoma area?  Yesterday there was a PT Cruiser in the grocery store parking lot with the personalized plate, BARNUM.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2005, 11:57:26 AM »

Danise, how are you?

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2005, 12:00:39 PM »

Thank you, one and all, for your positive health vibes.  I have been telling myself that my neck is a lot better today, but it may be that I have just figured out which ways not to turn my head.  Besides, Danise's mother and I have made a pact not to go to the doctor, but to suffer in semi-silence.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 12:01:18 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2005, 12:13:29 PM »

Hi all!  

I didn't know that there were states that had non-self service gas stations.  Wow!  HHW is a real learning tool.   :)

DR. MBarnum, someday, you will wish for an old lady in the living room, watching John Wayne movies and that couch won't seem as uncomfortable as you remembered.  

Personally, I get a little kick out watching Chisum (for example)  for the Lord-only-knows-how-many-times-time and having her say, "Gee, I NEVER saw that one before!"  And I'm sitting there quoting it, line for line.   ;)

I guess someday, someone will be doing the same for me when I say that about Star Wars or the Star Trek movies.

Dear TCB--how are you feeling today?  I hope much better.

DR Michael was correct, DR Hisaka.  I am only about two hours from MouseLand.  That's one of the nice things about where I live.  I really am not far from any point in Florida.  Now that I have the new SUV, I can go places.  Not yet but I will.   :)

DR François de Paris, I thought I had remembered something about you working for the Mouse.  I've also heard that the "unoffical" song for working there is:  "M. I. C. K. E. Y.   O. U. S. O. B.".  Have you heard that?  I have other friends that work for the Mouse that told me that and it cracked me up.

How is your Sister in Law, DR Elmore?  Better I hope.  How are YOU doing?  

« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 12:16:58 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2005, 12:15:21 PM »

Danise, how are you?

I'm here.  Wishing it was the start of the weekend instead of the end but there you are.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2005, 12:21:01 PM »

I'm watching that "Show Dog Moms and Dads" in between everything else.  One lady just fed her dog raw chicken backs.  I've always heard that you shouldn't feed your dog ANY chicken bones because they splinter and can tear your dogs tummy up.

Has anyone else heard that?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2005, 12:25:01 PM »

This is closing weekend for a local production of MAN OF LA MANCHA, starring a very dear friend of mine.  So, last night, sore neck and all, I went to see the show.  I did get my friend Betzy to do the driving so I could take some muscle relaxers before going to the theatre.  The show was entertaining, as always, and my friend, Micheal's performance as Cervantes was brilliant.  I saw him do the role seven years ago, and I thought I wold never see a performance that topped it; but last night he was even better than I had remembered.  

The rest of the cast was the ususal assortment of community theater actors ranging from very good to dismal.  MY biggest complaint was that they were the cleanest, most well-manicured group of prisoners ever assembled in one prison.  No effort was made to make their clothing appear shabby or dirty, nor was there one speck of dirty on any on them.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2005, 12:27:38 PM »

I am in a lot of pain, but I don't want to take any more muscle relaxers, in case I need to go to the store later.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2005, 12:35:26 PM »

I am in a lot of pain, but I don't want to take any more muscle relaxers, in case I need to go to the store later.

I hope you feel better soon, TCB.  Don't take to many pills because you find that you'll feel sicker off the meds then the pain you feel in your neck.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2005, 12:36:53 PM »

Talking about sandwiches.  My Mom used to make a cheeze and ketchup sandwich for me when I went to school.  Major YUCK.  I hated that.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2005, 12:37:21 PM »

I had a lovelier than lovely long walk.  Went to the City of Studio Farmer's Market.  What is strange to me is that I've never run into anyone I know - not one single person.  

Danise

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2005, 12:40:02 PM »

Did you buy anything while there?  Some fresh fruit, perhaps?  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up