Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN RIBS ARE PRIME  (Read 3433 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: WHEN RIBS ARE PRIME
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2020, 09:22:27 AM »

If I don't use a credit card, I use the CACHINNATE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »

Page Two.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2020, 09:24:10 AM »

I do not know that I have ever enjoyed Prime Rib in my life - and I'm old.

I do not know much about the subtleties of food......but I certainly enjoy reading MR BK and other DRs who write about their eating experiences.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »

My neighborhood diner serves the weird egg dish I'll ever CACHINNATE.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2020, 09:26:01 AM »

Wow, ChasSmith! Wow.

It's almost like that scene from the end of Camp.

Exactly.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2020, 09:26:50 AM »

I loved Dr Fauci's put-down of that moron Rabd Paul.  Paul, Jim Jordan Tom Cotton, Mario Rubio, Ted Cruz, Matt Gaetz, Michele Bachmann, etc; they sure grow them big and stupid in the GOP.

Only in Texas.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2020, 09:27:25 AM »

NOW - Fed Ex left a package on my porch.

I brought it in and opened it - I am expecting my RING LIGHT to make myself look delicious on ZOOM.

Instead I found inside some ostomy supples.....but NOT my brand.

I checked the label.  It belong to someone named Kaitlyn who lives at 20 Fairwood Court.....which is across the street from my house located at 20 Fairlane Drive.

So I walked the box over to her.  When I got back and checked my email I found that I had a notice that Fed Ex had delivered my Ring Light at 11:57 a.m. 

Of course nothing is on my porch.  I don't know what's going on.  Perhaps my light is now at 20 Devinwood which is around the corner where they sometimes deliver my things....all I know is, I don't have my LIGHT!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2020, 09:27:41 AM »

I have a feeling this is going to be an ordeal.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2020, 09:28:41 AM »

Kaitlyn's mother was in the driveway and I left the box on the porch where she asked me to.

I don't know if Fed Ex had earlier delivered my package to her, since I didn't talk to her......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2020, 09:30:37 AM »

DR JRand70 - it certainly does sound like the beginning of an ordeal.

Maybe they thought the ostomy supplies would look dreamlike in the illumination of a new ring light.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2020, 09:38:28 AM »

Here is what generally happens to my deliveries:
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2020, 09:44:23 AM »

So, of course, I woke up at 3 a.m.

There was a time when Benadryl would put me asleep for 12 hours.  Alas those days are gone.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2020, 09:44:58 AM »

DR Laura,reat photo on your avatar :)

Jane

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2020, 09:46:17 AM »

I figured out what image hosting site I used to use in connection with HHW. It was Photobucket. They won't let me log in or reset my password, and it seems they charge now anyway, so off to find something else.

Yes, that is gone.

Jane

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2020, 09:53:06 AM »

I brought it in and opened it - I am expecting my RING LIGHT to make myself look delicious on ZOOM.

I checked the label.  It belong to someone named Kaitlyn who lives at 20 Fairwood Court.....which is across the street from my house located at 20 Fairlane Drive.

So I walked the box over to her.  When I got back and checked my email I found that I had a notice that Fed Ex had delivered my Ring Light at 11:57 a.m. 

Of course nothing is on my porch.  I don't know what's going on.  Perhaps my light is now at 20 Devinwood which is around the corner where they sometimes deliver my things....all I know is, I don't have my LIGHT!

Oh my.  Good luck finding your light.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2020, 09:53:45 AM »

;D

ChasSmith

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2020, 10:27:34 AM »

DR ChasSmith, I saw my neighbor Mark who was off to redeem his unemployment debit card! I don't understand this at all.  Direct deposit I understand.

The debit card option was offered in the initial signup process for Connecticut. I think they have one bank that issues the cards and sends them out each week. Your neighbor Mark is the first person I've heard who's doing it that way.

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2020, 10:36:04 AM »

It wouldn't be my choice of how to get the funds, that's for sure. I want mine deposited where I can *see* it and use it however I normally use money that's in the bank -- with my own existing debit card, make payments online, or whatever.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2020, 11:03:55 AM »

For my taste it's a bit too early to call it Indian Summer, but yesterday sure qualified. It could not have been more perfect for an evening at the local DRIVE-IN THEATER.

They pulled the show off beautifully. I'll gather some photographic evidence later, because it's difficult to describe what they did and what it looked like.

In the meantime:

At the end, there was the expected applause and horn-honking as the cast took their bows and some of the cars began to pull out. As it was dying down, our music director said, "Put your headphones back on."

"Okay, now I can tell you this. That Audi that was parked right here behind me and Charles? It had Stephen Sondheim in it."

:o

That's so cool! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2020, 11:04:32 AM »

DR George - so glad to read that you are having time to have meaningful interactions with your extended family, now and over the next few days.

Thanks, David. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2020, 11:05:55 AM »

I figured out what image hosting site I used to use in connection with HHW. It was Photobucket. They won't let me log in or reset my password, and it seems they charge now anyway, so off to find something else.

I had created a free account for us to use here on HHW, then Photobucket changed their rules a few years ago and didn't allow hot-linking with the free accounts. :P to them.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2020, 11:07:06 AM »

That is very exciting that MR BK's close personal friend Stephen Sondheim was at the drive in event last night DR CHAS SMITH.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2020, 11:09:55 AM »

Well the first Chinese girl I spoke to at FedEx was unhelpful.....so I asked to talk to someone else.

"Steve" then came on and told me I have to contact the sender.....I tried to explain to him the sender didn't have anything to do with it.....my package is on the truck and the driver gave me someone else's package.

There was obviously nothing in his script that fit that situation - so he just kept telling me I had to contact the sender.  I said I was glad I didn't have his job misleading people and giving disservice and said goodbye.

I sent an email to the seller.....but I expect nothing except a loss of my $22.

DR singdaw that's quite a nifty bedside table.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2020, 11:12:01 AM »

DR singdaw I make sure my photos are small, then I put them on Facebook then I right click and tap "Copy Photo location" then come here and use the IMG html.....

[ I M G ]  Facebook link   [ / I M G ]   without the spaces and the picture usually shows up here.

George

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2020, 11:14:05 AM »

DR singdaw I make sure my photos are small, then I put them on Facebook then I right click and tap "Copy Photo location" then come here and use the IMG html.....

[ I M G ]  Facebook link   [ / I M G ]   without the spaces and the picture usually shows up here.

Jrand, I think that Facebook links only work if the person viewing has FB...unless that's changed, but when I and others first tried to link pictures from FB, it never showed up on HHW. :-\

George

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2020, 11:14:15 AM »

Well, I now have a new image hosting site, but can't seem to work out how to post an image here at HHW.

Which site, David?

George

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2020, 11:14:22 AM »

:))

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2020, 11:21:26 AM »

DHL supposedly left me a package two days ago, and it's never shown up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2020, 11:49:02 AM »

For my taste it's a bit too early to call it Indian Summer, but yesterday sure qualified. It could not have been more perfect for an evening at the local DRIVE-IN THEATER.

They pulled the show off beautifully. I'll gather some photographic evidence later, because it's difficult to describe what they did and what it looked like.

In the meantime:

At the end, there was the expected applause and horn-honking as the cast took their bows and some of the cars began to pull out. As it was dying down, our music director said, "Put your headphones back on."

"Okay, now I can tell you this. That Audi that was parked right here behind me and Charles? It had Stephen Sondheim in it."

It sounds like a perfect not technically Indian Summer day.

Last week, while still in the last days of summer someone referred to our warm weather as Indian Summer.  I don't know if people on the West Coast really understand what it is.  I certainly didn't before we moved to New Jersey. 

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2020, 11:50:53 AM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I, quite painlessly, accomplished a major task today - renewing our driver’s licenses.  He went online and found a nifty checklist of what’s needed to apply for a “compliant” license and we both completed it with ease.  We got to the office about 11:20, waited in line outside about 10 minutes, and were outta there just after noon.  It was very organized and we made sure to express our appreciation to the 2 nice women who helped us.

We were allowed to remove our masks for the photo, but my long pandemic hairdo will be preserved for posterity - or at least the next 4 years.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up