Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN RIBS ARE PRIME  (Read 3407 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WHEN RIBS ARE PRIME
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2020, 11:55:03 AM »

Singdaw, depending on the photo size, we reset this forum to accept photos much more easily, so try.  Usually at photo sharing sites, there's a code you copy and paste into here and it identifies the code for boards like this.

I am clueless how to do this. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2020, 12:31:05 PM »

Singdaw, depending on the photo size, we reset this forum to accept photos much more easily, so try.  Usually at photo sharing sites, there's a code you copy and paste into here and it identifies the code for boards like this.

I renewed mine online, too.  For Washington state, just to here:  https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/renew.html

Then scroll down to "You have options to renew:"

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2020, 12:48:28 PM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I, quite painlessly, accomplished a major task today - renewing our driver’s licenses.  He went online and found a nifty checklist of what’s needed to apply for a “compliant” license and we both completed it with ease.  We got to the office about 11:20, waited in line outside about 10 minutes, and were outta there just after noon.  It was very organized and we made sure to express our appreciation to the 2 nice women who helped us.

We were allowed to remove our masks for the photo, but my long pandemic hairdo will be preserved for posterity - or at least the next 4 years.

I did something similar. Mom's ID card had expired. We had to go get that done today. She also got a flu shot, did some banking, picked up a prescription and made a couple of short trips. All in all, a big day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2020, 01:43:50 PM »

I renewed mine online, too.  For Washington state, just to here:  https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/renew.html

I think you meant to respond to Ginny's post regarding license renewals, not about posting photos here.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2020, 01:53:23 PM »

Thanks to bk, DR JRand70, and DR george for the responses about posting photos here at HHW.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2020, 01:54:40 PM »

DR George:   I'm going to try imgur.com
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2020, 01:57:43 PM »

I keep hearing "When Ribs are Prime!" in a television announcer's excited voice in my head.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2020, 02:05:32 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - I guess I did get eight hours - went back to bed at ten and just woke up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2020, 02:07:41 PM »

Jrand, here is your Amazon tip o' the day: The minute someone gets on the phone from customer service, if it's someone from overseas do not let them get more than a hello out - then immediately say, "Please switch me to someone in the United States."  This they will then do immediately - even if they try to speak again, say it again.  Once you have a US person on the phone things will go much more smoothly.  They can call Fed Ex and Fed Ex can call the driver, etc.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »

Thanks MR BK.....I won't waste time on the first person next time.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2020, 02:10:56 PM »

I'm pleased to announce that PAUL HENREID, the 31st play in "The Hollywood Legends" collection, is now available in paperback and Kindle editions via Amazon.

I was honored to know Paul Henreid, the charming star of classic films like NOW, VOYAGER and CASABLANCA.  A refugee from Hitler's Europe, his inspirational life was filled with drama, as well as humor.

I hope you get the opportunity to read my play.  Production rights are available.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JZRXX64/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1600980012&sr=1-2
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2020, 02:11:08 PM »

I did find this and follow these directions to talk to someone after a useless few attempts at just calling:

How to Call a Live Person in Fedex Customer Service

Dial 1-800-463-3339.
    Say “give me options”
    Say “more options” or press 7.
    Say “even more options” or press 7.
    Say “it's something else” or press 8.
    After that, the automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from Fedex.

And it did work.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2020, 02:45:37 PM »

I loved Dr Fauci's put-down of that moron Rabd Paul.  Paul, Jim Jordan Tom Cotton, Mario Rubio, Ted Cruz, Matt Gaetz, Michele Bachmann, etc; they sure grow them big and stupid in the GOP.

Only in Texas.

Not only in Texas, and they grow them truly offensive as well as ignorant, to boot in the GOP.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2020, 02:47:32 PM »

I'm pleased to announce that PAUL HENREID, the 31st play in "The Hollywood Legends" collection, is now available in paperback and Kindle editions via Amazon.

I was honored to know Paul Henreid, the charming star of classic films like NOW, VOYAGER and CASABLANCA.  A refugee from Hitler's Europe, his inspirational life was filled with drama, as well as humor.

I hope you get the opportunity to read my play.  Production rights are available.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JZRXX64/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1600980012&sr=1-2

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the beach.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2020, 03:30:43 PM »

I just got a nasty message from DR Druxy, our own Shakespeare, but I cannot reply because he's blocked me.

Pity.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »

I've caused enough trouble today. I'm closing shop.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:50:25 PM by elmore3003 »

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2020, 03:56:54 PM »

I've caused enough trouble today. I'm closing shop.

Elmore:

I have no idea what I have ever done to offend you.

(If I have, I apologize.)

When I write a new play, I announce it here and elsewhere.

Why should that bother you?

What's your problem?

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 04:04:16 PM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2020, 04:07:32 PM »

Test meeting for this Partridge Family thing in twenty-five minutes.  Then I'll need to eat but I cannot decide what that will be.  More hot dogs (best diet choice) or tuna sandwiches (same calories, more fat grams) or something wholly other.  I'm not gonna order in - I'll go to Gelson's or Ralph's.  Could do a chicken Caesar, too - but I usually use a little too much dressing.

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »

TOD - There’s a restaurant here called The Meadows that is now a mere shadow of its former self.  But in its heyday, prime rib was one of their specialities and I’d always ask for the end cut because I prefer my meat more cooked than PR usually is in the center.  Two stories:

One night they said I couldn’t have the end because Mrs. So-and-so was coming in later and they always saved it for her.  They weren’t amused when I asked, “What about the other end?”

And another night no one got prime rib, because the person tasked with putting it in to cook after the lunch rush had neglected to turn on the oven.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2020, 04:52:33 PM »

Test meeting for this Partridge Family thing in twenty-five minutes.  Then I'll need to eat but I cannot decide what that will be.  More hot dogs (best diet choice) or tuna sandwiches (same calories, more fat grams) or something wholly other.  I'm not gonna order in - I'll go to Gelson's or Ralph's.  Could do a chicken Caesar, too - but I usually use a little too much dressing.

I too tend to be heavy handed with dressing.  I find if I use about half the amount, toss and let the dressing soak in, then I don't need as much.  I can slowly add more if needed.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2020, 04:53:28 PM »

TOD - There’s a restaurant here called The Meadows that is now a mere shadow of its former self.  But in its heyday, prime rib was one of their specialities and I’d always ask for the end cut because I prefer my meat more cooked than PR usually is in the center.  Two stories:

One night they said I couldn’t have the end because Mrs. So-and-so was coming in later and they always saved it for her.  They weren’t amused when I asked, “What about the other end?”

And another night no one got prime rib, because the person tasked with putting it in to cook after the lunch rush had neglected to turn on the oven.

Your response is funny, and someone was in big trouble ;D

Jane

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2020, 04:54:20 PM »

I answered the question yesterday, before it was asked.  By far my mother cooked the best prime rib.  Well, she was a great cook and she was English.

George

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2020, 04:55:28 PM »

I think you meant to respond to Ginny's post regarding license renewals, not about posting photos here.

AARRGGHH!!  Dopey me! ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2020, 05:01:22 PM »

Your response is funny, and someone was in big trouble ;D

Especially with Mrs. So-and-so!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2020, 05:02:54 PM »

DR George:   I'm going to try imgur.com

Thanks, Singdaw.  I'll look into this, too.

Laura

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2020, 05:06:20 PM »

Good evening.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2020, 05:07:21 PM »

I had a very nice day out of town. I went up north and met with a park ranger about reestablishing native plants in a park.

Laura

« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2020, 05:07:46 PM »

I can't post photos here any more, either. I gave up trying to figure it out.

Laura

« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2020, 05:10:14 PM »

It was 51 degrees when I got out of my car this morning. It warmed up fast, though.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »

Test was fine.  Went to Gelson's and got a chicken Caesar, no extra dressing and then hot dogs and buns for tomorrow and Saturday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up