Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WEIRD JAPANESE THINGS  (Read 4091 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WEIRD JAPANESE THINGS
« on: October 21, 2020, 12:03:52 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had weird Japanese things, and now it is time for you to post until the weird Japanese cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WEIRD JAPANESE THINGS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 12:04:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: NIMBUS!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 12:49:02 AM »

That's a great line-up for the next Kritzerland show, BK!  Can't wait!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 01:13:18 AM »

Have a good day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 03:53:30 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 03:54:01 AM »

DR JohnG, good news about your mother! That makes me happy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 03:54:56 AM »

DR JRand70, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's death.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 03:56:53 AM »

DR Jeanne, our wonderful super Steve Trifun, when he retired and returned to Serbia, passed the job on to his son-in-law Bosko, who was sadly not his father-in-law, and management sacked him. Val replaced him.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 04:06:25 AM »

I slept a solid 5.5 hours when I woke around 3:00.  When I went back to sleep I had a long dream about working at The Drama Book Shop, then woke at 5:30, fretted about cleaning off the refrigerator top before noon, and decided to get up just before 6:00.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 04:07:43 AM »

So, this morning, after kitty cleanup, I need to clean the stove, clean off the top of the refrigerator, and move the microwave, which may require help.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 04:09:16 AM »

I also need to take the recyclables down to the basement and get yesterday's mail.  Then I plan to lie down until the refrigerator man shows up.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 05:09:46 AM »

Futz & Finesse - wasn't that an old-time comedy team?  Or a venerable legal firm?
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2020, 05:10:23 AM »

~~~GET-IT-REPAIRED VIBES~~~ for DR elmore3003!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2020, 05:11:16 AM »

I will be trying to get myself repaired today with yet two more medical appointments. Thankfully, the snow seems to have cleared out.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2020, 05:15:10 AM »

In the meantime, Halloween is coming...

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 05:15:59 AM »

I think many people here will be going as Land's End models.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 05:24:02 AM »

I will be trying to get myself repaired today with yet two more medical appointments. Thankfully, the snow seems to have cleared out.

OMG! Two more?  Is this all post-surgical related or (I hope not!) are you seriously falling apart?

Serious vibes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 05:27:01 AM »

Kitty cleanup is over, and the last of the thawed meat is out of the freezer and into the garbage.  Remnants of that telephone directory Stella shredded continue to turn up, so before I can take the recyclables to the basement, I must pick up what I can and use the dustbuster on the rest.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 05:39:04 AM »

No need to be too concerned, DR elmore3003. One is to turn in my jugs 'o urine from the past 2 days for analysis as to why my body is producing so many stones. The other is with a Nephrologist for consulting on the best way to maintain the health and viability of my remaining kidney.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 05:52:16 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2020, 05:53:08 AM »

Having a low energy morning here, and I intend to do absolutely nothing about it.  :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 05:58:29 AM »

I ate too much last night. It didn't affect me in any way, other than the feeling of having eaten too much. But man, was it ever good. Our neighbor invited us over to his deck for a drink and some leftover food, the latter being some huge homemade meatballs. These are the type of meatball that have a place in comfort food territory, and I wouldn't even have them with pasta. Well, you can, of course. But they're a meal all their own, and deservedly so. He's sending us his recipe.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2020, 05:59:59 AM »

No need to be too concerned, DR elmore3003. One is to turn in my jugs 'o urine from the past 2 days for analysis as to why my body is producing so many stones. The other is with a Nephrologist for consulting on the best way to maintain the health and viability of my remaining kidney.

♥️

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2020, 06:01:44 AM »

Good appointment vibes for DR singdaw, and good refrigerator vibes for DR Elmore!

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2020, 06:12:49 AM »

Interesting that BK's first eBay purchase was a Buddha.

I also started in 1998, around March, and I can't absolutely swear to this but I believe my first purchase was a copy of the hardbound souvenir book for the South Pacific film. I don't know what kind of search led me to that, I think I had just been exploring a bunch of very random things. But I'd never had that souvenir book before.

A few early purchases were vocal scores -- in particular, the "hardbound" (this one is actually more flexible than that) copy of The Most Happy Fella, and a replacement copy of my inexplicably lost Porgy and Bess vocal score. This one is just a little less nice than mine had been, but the price was right and it gets the job done.

A few other early purchases were various ViewMaster slides and a couple of viewers.

Edit:  A few others were several movie tie-in paperbacks that had meant an enormous amount to me as a kid. I found beautiful copies, and I still treasure them.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:46:38 AM by ChasSmith »

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2020, 06:17:24 AM »

I must stop that kind of reminiscing, or we'll be here all day.

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2020, 06:24:53 AM »

An additional reason for the lethargy I feel this morning is a restless night of sleep (which, seriously, might have been partially due to the heavy eating) compounded by one totally nonsensical and irritating dream after another. Not one of these came close to being about something interesting or useful or awful, or anything at all. They were just fragments that repeated ad nauseum, just a huge royal pain in my royal ARSE.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:43:13 AM by ChasSmith »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2020, 06:36:31 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2020, 06:37:21 AM »

Still sore. And shaking to Earth, Wind and Fire this morning with the bird was no a wise idea.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2020, 06:37:56 AM »

I don’t know when I’ll be NIMBUS on the dance floor again.
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up