Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: FATTY BITS  (Read 20293 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:FATTY BITS
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2005, 08:38:33 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm a bit tired right now, but not yet sleepy...

So, I'll be posting, but I may just be sitting here like so much fish from time to time.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2005, 08:40:07 PM »

I always thought Erin Murphy was an adorable child on BEWITCHED.

Didn't she have a twin sister who took part in some of the scenes when she wasn't on camera?

I remember seeing Erin and her twin Diane on a talk show several years ago, the topic being child actors.  Erin said that when they were babies, they were used interchangably, but when they started getting older and started to look different (they're fraternal twins, not identical), the makers of "Bewitched" had to pick only one and Eric was the one used after that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2005, 08:40:36 PM »

BK- THE DETECTIVE makes THE LAUGHING POLICEMAN look positively progressive.

In a lot of ways, this is true, but before Frank Sinatra railroads Tony Musante into a false confession, he takes up for gay people (by punching out a particularly bigoted cop) which is more than ANYONE does in THE LAUGHING POLICEMAN. Also, the killer and his reason for killing makes a little more sense in THE DETECTIVE. It's also among the first real looks at some of the domains of gay life in NYC of the period - especially the scenes on the waterfront at "the trucks."
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2005, 08:40:47 PM »

At least that got us to Page Five!

A nice slow dance would be good right now.  You know the one where you're just leaning against each other and rocking back and forth, not really in rhythm to the music.  But maybe to the rhythm of your hearts.  ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2005, 08:44:18 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES mounted a clip show tonight which put all of the ongoing mysteries into very clear focus. Over the course of the season, there have been so many secrets with bits and pieces of information doled out stingily that I actually appreciated having everything major condensed into this broadcast. Even so, there was plenty still omitted.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2005, 08:49:34 PM »

...When I called my brother, Jay, to ask about today's "invitation", he was trying to remember which wedding anniversary this was for my parents.  After doing some math based on when he thought they had their 25th Anniversary, he came up with, "Oh, it's their 35th".

-Well, it better no be!
"Why not?"
-Well, I'll be 37 this year, so...?!?!?"

;)

-Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2005, 08:52:35 PM »

DR Michael Shayne, Donald Ritchie wrote several books on Japanese cinema.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2005, 08:56:22 PM »

Once I got back to Richmond earlier tonight, I met my buddy, Gary, for dinner at a place called Edo's Squid.  It's an Italian place.  A very good Italian place.  We both ended up ordering the penne with brocolli rabe, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, and ricotta cheese.  Did I mention the garlic?  WOW!

But a very good meal, and great company too.

However, I have a feeling I may have to wash my pillow cases in the morning.  Or at least Febreeze them.
Make Your Own Luck.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2005, 08:57:01 PM »

Taking a quick break from my homework. Still this book on the plague. Oy. And then I only have three more papers and a presentation.

Vibes for Jane's tuchus. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2005, 08:57:08 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES mounted a clip show tonight which put all of the ongoing mysteries into very clear focus. Over the course of the season, there have been so many secrets with bits and pieces of information doled out stingily that I actually appreciated having everything major condensed into this broadcast. Even so, there was plenty still omitted.

I missed one episode and I don't know what I missed.  LOST is doing the same thing on Wedesday.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2005, 08:57:52 PM »

I ended walking to the restaurant tonight.  Just wanted to stretch my legs after the drive.  It was a nice walk.

I really am going to miss this town.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2005, 09:00:07 PM »

Nice to see DR PennyO's smiling face!  Were you able to catch up at all?  -I should e-mail her...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2005, 09:03:34 PM »

OK, let me see if I've got this in the right order.

First you go to Mass, and then you go to Brunch.

In other words, first you do your penance, and then you sin, right?

::)

Works for me!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2005, 09:22:18 PM »

Something I never knew before...there's such a thing as Kosher Coca-Cola!

Apparently, since Coke's current formula uses corn syrup as it's major sweetener, it isn't considered Kosher.  However, once a year, around Passover, they come out with a special bottling of the original sugar-sweetened formula, which does count as Kosher.  Fans of the original formula, who claim that it is less-sweet and more satisfying than the formula using corn syrup, buy the stuff up by the caseload.

The people at Coca Cola HQ in Atlanta claim there is no difference in the taste, of course.  But they also disputed the claims made during the Pepsi Challenge of yore.

I was tipped of to this a couple of years ago when I was working on a show for the JCC in Bethesda, MD.  Amazing stuff.  My favorite grocery store chain here in Richmond carries it, and they usually end up over-ordering.  Consequently, after Passover, they put it all on sale - and at quite a nice discount too.  The packaging almost looks the same, but there is a star of David on the package - at least on the one's I've bought - plus the Pareve indication.  Some other soda companies do the same thing.

And it definitely tastes different - and better -than the "new" stuff.

-Guess I'll be checking for sales this week.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2005, 09:52:14 PM »

...And while driving down 95, there was a great interview/story on Doris Eaton, the oldest living Ziegfeld Girl on NPR.  -Another great story by Jeff Lunden.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4617064

Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2005, 09:56:38 PM »

Alright-- I'm doing my bit by posting. I'm contributing; I'm upholding my responsibility.  ;D
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2005, 10:35:38 PM »

Well, major Attack of the Wussburger for me tonight.  *It's amazing how "long" a day can seem when you get out of bed before 10:00AM!

;)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2005, 10:41:21 PM »

I've had all day to think about Desert Island Discs.

I'd choose the McGlinn "Showboat" for a start.
Probably a Nigel Kennedy Cd - - Brahms Violin concerto in D
Then: OC "Merrily We Roll Along"
                "Ragtime"
                "Kiss Of The Spider Woman"
And a couple of best ofs:  Dusty Springfield and Bobby Darin
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2005, 11:24:08 PM »

Squeaked by the skin of our teeth, did we?  I'm back from a VERY Jewish Passover.  I shall now immortalize the evening in my notes.  My voice is completely trashed.  I was a good boy not overtalking at the show today, but the stupid air-conditioning and then having to yammer all night tonight did me in.  I hope some of it comes back so I can at least converse with the doctor.

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2005, 11:30:37 PM »

If you can't converse try the VET instead.. They are used to their patients not being able to describe symptoms. I never worked in an air conditioned environment. I loath air conditioning.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2005, 11:58:59 PM »

I've had another hot cup of EmergenC and feel a bit better.  Had some chocolate, too, which I really needed after that Jewish dinner, which you can read all about in a mere three minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up