Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FATTY BITS  (Read 20328 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:FATTY BITS
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2005, 04:51:10 PM »

Bill Bixby did indeed have whatever it is that makes one popular!

Have fun at the Passover, Mr BK.....if one has fun at Passover....I do not know.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2005, 04:52:40 PM »

JRand54, I came in from mowing the yard and see that I was outbid on the Allison Hayes autograph  >:(

Guess it just wasn't meant to be! If I could afford it I would bid much, much higher...but I have Hong Kong DVDs to buy! LOL!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2005, 04:53:26 PM »

I say three cheers to the cops who handcuffed that kid in school!  Since teachers are no longer allowed to discipline their charges, and since too many parents refuse to believe their children misbehave, and further since outside help had to be called in, I say that outside help should be allowed to take the steps necessary to bring the situation under control.

Ya know, I could say something here, but I won't.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2005, 04:56:51 PM »

I can only imagine how excited the family is at having Benjamin Kritzer hisseff at their Passover.  I cannot imagine you being quiet....   ;D

Page Four Dance!  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2005, 04:58:30 PM »

Well - you know of course, MB - that an autographed photo of Allison is the RAREST of collectibles and I have never seen one on EBAY before.  I say - wait for a few hours and then bid the price of a few DVD's.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2005, 04:59:41 PM »

Something I never knew before...there's such a thing as Kosher Coca-Cola!

Apparently, since Coke's current formula uses corn syrup as it's major sweetener, it isn't considered Kosher.  However, once a year, around Passover, they come out with a special bottling of the original sugar-sweetened formula, which does count as Kosher.  Fans of the original formula, who claim that it is less-sweet and more satisfying than the formula using corn syrup, buy the stuff up by the caseload.

The people at Coca Cola HQ in Atlanta claim there is no difference in the taste, of course.  But they also disputed the claims made during the Pepsi Challenge of yore.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2005, 05:15:02 PM »

Just paid a visit to Ye Olde DVD Store and got a bunch of not yet released Fox titles, including Broken Lance, The Bravados, Warlock, The Detective, Tony Rome, A Farewell to Arms, Anna and the King of Siam and Buffalo Bill starring Joel McCrea.

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2005, 05:21:02 PM »

BK, you were right about AIR HOSTESS...It is now in my top ten favorite movies! I loved it!

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2005, 05:22:18 PM »

And I just got the low down on where to get some Malayasian vampire movies from the 1950s along with another Malasyian film from 1960 called THE DEVOURING ROCK! LOL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2005, 05:35:14 PM »

Are you humming the opening song of Air Hostess?

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2005, 05:42:56 PM »

Not just humming, but dancing too!

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2005, 05:43:43 PM »

Hey Lucy Van Pelt and Dash Riprock are on LASSIE...and is that one of the guys from CHIPS!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2005, 05:50:02 PM »

Hey Lucy Van Pelt and Dash Riprock are on LASSIE...and is that one of the guys from CHIPS!
By "on LASSIE" I'm going to assume you mean "appearing with" and not "giddiyap, collie-girl!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2005, 05:54:47 PM »

Time to make dinner.  Pork cutlets, baked 'taters with bacon and sour cream, Brussels sprouts.

Mine is not a Kosher kitchen.   :-\

MBarnum

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2005, 06:06:57 PM »

SWW, LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2005, 06:07:28 PM »

Rodzinski, did you make it as far as KENTUCKY KERNELS yet?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2005, 06:12:10 PM »

Danise you are all dressed up and looking pretty in your new avatar.

SWW, nice story about Jax.

JRand I’m not naming my car.  ;D I will try to post a picture of it tomorrow.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2005, 06:13:40 PM »

KENTUCKY KERNELS is in the half of stuff that Elmore kindly recorded for me, so I haven't seen it yet.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2005, 06:17:18 PM »

BK- THE DETECTIVE makes THE LAUGHING POLICEMAN look positively progressive.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2005, 06:30:19 PM »

Bruce what is Bridget Hanley up to these days?

CP, not only did Bruce actually take a decent picture of you, this one is terrific.  

How nice to see Penny even if she looks a bit yellow.

Danise I agree with you about Bill Bixby’s voice.  I had a major crush on him.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2005, 06:35:59 PM »

If we were in L.A. we would be going to a Seder tonight.  Hiking with a church group is not the way to make Jewish friends in Ashland. ;D

Jane

« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2005, 06:38:06 PM »

I thought satellite radio meant you could pick up various stations from around the country.   Even better I have commercial free music now.  :) Each station is a different collection of music.  So far my favorite is music from the 40’s.  There is even a Broadway station.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2005, 06:56:05 PM »

Once again the klutz in me has sabotaged my body. :o  I was sitting on a bar stool at the kitchen counter when suddenly I felt myself tipping backwards, chair and all.  Somehow I managed to slip out of the chair before falling straight back on my head.  :) Unfortunately I was not able to manage to stay on my feet and crashed down on my backside-OUCH.  >:( The loud crashing noises, maybe a bit of screaming thrown in for effect, brought Keith and Bogie running.  :-[ I’m sure I wasn’t the only one scared by the fall.  ;D I’m okay but I’m already feeling a bit sore.

I think I shall sign off and go rest on the heating pad.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2005, 07:25:31 PM »

Dear Jane, please take care of yourself!  I had a slip a few months ago, my feet just went out from under me and I landed solid on my left tush, and I'm still feeling it!  The spill that der Brucer took on his daughter's stairs tool quite a while to heal... or at least he isn't complaining about it any more.

One part of the story about Jax that I left out.  While we were driving westward to the bridge, I spent my time reading aloud to der B.  (Specifically, I was reading from Ethan Mordden's Make Believe, his history of the Broadway musical in the '20s, and playing examples from our CD collection when we actually had a song referred to to hear...quite fun.)  I think hearing me read aloud helped calm Jax some during the trip, just the sound of a human voice close by.

Or maybe I'm reading things into his body language.

All I know is that Tuesday will be quite busy.  Along with transporting the "family," if we do handle that task, der B has decided it's time to replace the livingroom TV.  Our old one is giving up the ghost.  The catch will be getting the new set from Dover (closest berg with a decent electronics store) homewards...which may require borrowing son-in-law's truck.  "You're spending money on yourselves!?  Instead of US??!!"

Family can be such a joy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2005, 08:12:47 PM »

The woman looking on is Bridget Hanley.

I had such a crush on Bridget Hanley when she was on Here Come the Brides!

BK, it's funny, but I was going to ask you yesterday to see if Erin Murphy was present.  I saw her do a show a few years ago in Cherry Hill, NJ.  She was seated at a table next to Jonathan Harris and the two of them were laughing and carrying on like they were old friends.  She is definately a cutie.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2005, 08:19:34 PM »

Back from a quick trip up to Canada and spent time with my father who I have not seen since November. He is looking a lot better and has gained weight.

For some reason I could not sign on to HHW, but I did read all the notes. So I was present in spirit.
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2005, 08:22:36 PM »

Good news about your dad, MS.

What happened to your avatar?
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2005, 08:27:57 PM »

Good news about your dad, MS.

What happened to your avatar?

Thanks.

I decided I didn't like it and I didn't like the other one either. So I have to search for a new one.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2005, 08:28:25 PM »

And from yesterday, who is Donald Ritchie that BK mentioned?
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2005, 08:30:35 PM »

I always thought Erin Murphy was an adorable child on BEWITCHED.

Didn't she have a twin sister who took part in some of the scenes when she wasn't on camera?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up