Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A CHRISTMAS LINE  (Read 3386 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: A CHRISTMAS LINE
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2020, 01:08:36 PM »

The Christmas dinner was positively deelish. I wish I'd asked for two!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2020, 01:10:26 PM »

!!! Page 3 Dance !!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2020, 01:11:40 PM »

The east coast storm was horrendous last night. The worst part of it was during the overnight hours. I woke a couple of times, thinking it was from dreams, but it might have been the noise of the rain and wind. At three in the morning, though, I woke up hearing the intensity of it and it was just plain unnerving. I laid there for almost two hours before finally falling back to sleep. I am very happy to report that, to the best of my knowledge, there were no power outages and no damage in our area.

The Christmas miracle is that, instantly, a foot of snow is gone. Just like that. Wiped off the face of the earth. So even while it's going to drop to way below freezing tonight, we have a clean slate, and that could not be more welcome.

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2020, 01:16:03 PM »

Also miraculously, yesterday my last E&T media mail package finally showed up. A couple of those had literally sat in one place (one in Jersey City, a major hub, and the other in Illinois) for a good two weeks or longer. And then, with no notice, they were suddenly here and delivered.

ChasSmith

« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2020, 01:18:07 PM »

The Christmas dinner was positively deelish. I wish I'd asked for two!

Seriously, do that next time. At worst, you'd have some leftovers.

ChasSmith

« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2020, 01:20:38 PM »

Oh -- last night while we were doing gifts and listening to music, we'd gone through a few "Christmas Cocktail" types of albums when we decided to up the ante a little bit and bring a little class to the jernt, so we put in DR Elmore's compilation of Christmas music. Nathan and Kristi had heard it before but hadn't listened to it all that closely, and this time it was just more beautiful than ever and much appreciated by all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2020, 01:32:54 PM »

Oh -- last night while we were doing gifts and listening to music, we'd gone through a few "Christmas Cocktail" types of albums when we decided to up the ante a little bit and bring a little class to the jernt, so we put in DR Elmore's compilation of Christmas music. Nathan and Kristi had heard it before but hadn't listened to it all that closely, and this time it was just more beautiful than ever and much appreciated by all.

Awww . . . that was a lovely Christmas gift.  Thank you.

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2020, 02:17:22 PM »

Merry Christmas!

My niece Jadyn called at 7:45am to tell me about her Xmas gifts.

The weather here today is supposed to very mild. It snowed a few days ago. But it has rained all night and is supposed to rain all day. So it has all melted (which i don't mind at all). I think that right now it is 54F. Is that crazy.

DR Jennifer, it is crazy, and it's the same temperature in Mew York.  We have a rainy day and it's very dark outside.  I am very happy I do not have to step out today.

I'm the opposite. It stopped raining for a while and I was outside in my shoes and raincoat. It is such a nice reprieve from the cold.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2020, 02:18:00 PM »

Merry Christmas!

The weather here today is supposed to very mild. It snowed a few days ago. But it has rained all night and is supposed to rain all day. So it has all melted (which i don't mind at all). I think that right now it is 54F. Is that crazy.

I hope you were awake for the early call ;)

I wouldn't have mind being woken up. But I had actually just gotten up.

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2020, 02:41:22 PM »

We are about to have our Christmas dinner of cranberry glazed pork roast, dressing, and green beans.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2020, 02:58:07 PM »

Glad to hear that everyone's Christmas is going along....and that all the ZOOM calls and virtual visits were so successful!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2020, 02:58:32 PM »

I made a half/batch of chili that was fine for me.....and some left over for tomorrow and Sunday.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2020, 02:58:47 PM »

Glad that MR BK's car started.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2020, 03:02:32 PM »

A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »

I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2020, 03:06:01 PM »

Meant to mention that I watched The Group Rep's playlets.  I enjoyed them. bk's was, of course, the best. He knows what he's doing.

Laura

« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2020, 03:18:22 PM »

"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2020, 03:20:48 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2020, 03:35:31 PM »

Been watching a Weinberger operetta - it's not Schwanda, but the tunes are nice, which is more than I can say about the forced production, which is just odd.  It's a comic opera that's gotten two laughs in fifty-five minutes from the audience - zero from me - it's convoluted, but the tunes are fun.  Some very busy choreography, as well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2020, 03:36:25 PM »

Taking a break before watching the rest, and listening to the final act of Korngold's wonderful opera, Das Wunder der Heliane.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2020, 04:16:47 PM »

Hello, everyone, and Merry Christmas to all.

It is indeed a non-Christmasy Christmas, even to me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2020, 04:18:00 PM »

I celebrated the day by doing some laundry. I had a little free time and wanted to get it out of the way. Now I'm relaxing. I'll soon watch a movie.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »

And then have some vegan fettuccine alfredo. Maybe followed by apple pie. Not exactly traditional. But yummy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2020, 04:23:35 PM »

DR Ginny, you mentioned that you were unable to purchase dinner from Olive Garden and tried another Italian restaurant instead. Was this place new to you?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2020, 04:25:49 PM »

Covid is, of course, disrupting many of our routines and traditions and we are all being forced to try new things or do old things in new ways. Uncomfortable, but probably good for us in the long run.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2020, 04:27:27 PM »

TTFN.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »

The east coast storm was horrendous last night. The worst part of it was during the overnight hours. I woke a couple of times, thinking it was from dreams, but it might have been the noise of the rain and wind. At three in the morning, though, I woke up hearing the intensity of it and it was just plain unnerving. I laid there for almost two hours before finally falling back to sleep. I am very happy to report that, to the best of my knowledge, there were no power outages and no damage in our area.

The Christmas miracle is that, instantly, a foot of snow is gone. Just like that. Wiped off the face of the earth. So even while it's going to drop to way below freezing tonight, we have a clean slate, and that could not be more welcome.

I remember storms like that, not fun at all.  I am glad all ended well.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2020, 04:29:39 PM »

Also miraculously, yesterday my last E&T media mail package finally showed up. A couple of those had literally sat in one place (one in Jersey City, a major hub, and the other in Illinois) for a good two weeks or longer. And then, with no notice, they were suddenly here and delivered.

Nice.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2020, 04:31:49 PM »

Merry Christmas!

DR Jennifer, it is crazy, and it's the same temperature in Mew York.  We have a rainy day and it's very dark outside.  I am very happy I do not have to step out today.

I'm the opposite. It stopped raining for a while and I was outside in my shoes and raincoat. It is such a nice reprieve from the cold.

Coldish and wet here so we stayed in.  To Keith's great annoyance I quickly paced around our condo.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2020, 04:32:16 PM »

Tomorrow, while once again wet, will be about 50 degrees.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up