Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DO I HEAR AN ANNIVERSARY WALTZ?  (Read 27915 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
DO I HEAR AN ANNIVERSARY WALTZ?
« on: November 09, 2003, 12:15:40 AM »

Now that you've read today's notes (you have read them, haven't you?), it is time to get this party going.  Let's break more records on this, our second anniversary.  Let's smash those records to smithereens, shall we?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 11:07:50 PM by bk »

Michael

Re:DO I HEAR AN ANNIVERSARY WALTZ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 12:16:55 AM »

I said it in the second to last posting in yesterdays's notes, but I will say it again on today's notes. [move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Aniversery!![/move]

« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 07:07:17 AM by MDS »
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 12:18:38 AM »

Kangaroos and Koalas are dancing in honour of this wonderful occasion. Thanks BK and all the Kimlets and Hainsies for a wonderful two years where I have made some firm friends.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 12:47:01 AM »

Woohoo!!!  For 2 whole years this has been far and away the ginchiest on all the internet!  Thanks to BK for bringing us all together and supplying our daily notes, and thanks to all the dear Hainsies and Kimlets for making things lively and sparkling and just simply too too.

Now I must be off to bed so I can awaken and rejoin the festivities in full swing!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 01:11:27 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Let the joyful news be spread, HHW.com is 2 years old today!!!![/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Anniversary, BK!  Auguri, BK!  Heureux Anniversaire, BK![/move]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 01:13:21 AM by Ron Pulliam »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 02:26:38 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D[/move]
[move=left,scroll,2,transparent,100%]LET ME BE ONE OF THE MANY TO WISH
  HHW A HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY!!!!
[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 02:29:12 AM »

Okay, I only have 3 more posts till I'm billed as a "Full Member!" and I'm going to do it on the 2nd Anniversary!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2003, 02:29:39 AM »

Actually, I'm going to do it right now!  Hang on...

George

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2003, 02:30:09 AM »

100 Posts for me!!

George

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2003, 02:34:40 AM »

Okay, I have to post one last time.  And I'm posting a picture.  It's not beefcake (I don't think anyone could accuse Elijah Wood of being beefcake material)...it's just a cute picture.

And yesterday, Ron and Tom from Oz were talking about Bagdad Cafe.  I love this movie.  I want to show it to my mom because she's from Germany, also.

Sigerson Holmes

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2003, 03:04:12 AM »

Congratulations, BK!  A post a day for two years demonstrates an extraordinary amount of discipline and stamina I could only dream of emulating.

I guess my own personal haineshisway highlight was the time I won a sparkling prize for the "Oh, Dad, Poor Dad . . ." trivia quiz.  It's the only non-eBay item I've ever won on the internet.

My next biggest highlight would definitely have to be the day I actually receive said sparkling prize.  I'm still looking forward to that.

. . . Still.

Come on -- a token cheese slice, a pointy hat?  Something?  Maybe in time for Christmas?

;-)

(How do you like my smiley-skills?)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 06:54:01 PM by Sigerson Holmes »
It's not who you know.  It's whom you know.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2003, 05:21:42 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Anniversary, HHW![/move]

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2003, 05:26:50 AM »

Yes, DR Ron, I am at last back from An Evening With Dame Edna!  ;D

I was fortunate enough to NOT be chosen, but those that were even lost their shoes!

The laughs started from the moment the lights went down and continued through the curtain call.  Dame Edna - in her most caring way - certainly let us in Indiana have a piece of her mind.  And even the most un-cooperative audience members were used to great advantage.  

And of course she encouraged a handsome black man to thrust his gladiola, he did it with little enthusiasm and off the beat, and broke it in half....whereupon she said:  "Well that certainly explodes a widely held myth, doesn't it?"

So many lovely late posts last night.  Whew!  I was tempted to read them when I returned home but I didn't!  :'(

Jennifer

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2003, 05:44:15 AM »

Widescreen alert!

DR Emily quoted an interesting Montreal article last night:
"In English, variations tell you where people come from," says Linguistics professor Charles Boberg. As for the above sentence, most North American English speakers pronounce the words m/ary/erry/arry the same way, save for us Montrealers, who distinguish between "merry" and "marry," and our New York cousins, who differentiate them all, just like the British.

After reading yesterday that people pronounced m/ary/erry/arry the same, I kept saying MARRY (rhymes with carry/carrie to me)  over (but saying it like MARY). "Will you MARY me?"

When they say it on tv or in movies which prounciation do they use?

Jennifer

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2003, 05:46:38 AM »

DR Jane wrote last night:
Jennifer, are you saying if we click on boo it will reduce the number of Karma points?

Yes.  Applaud gives karma, boo removes it :(

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2003, 05:54:31 AM »

I am confused with those bird pictures (from last night) that DR Tom from OZ posted.  Are those birds outside?
I cannot tell if that is a cage or not.

DR JED wrote (to DR RonP's comment):
Merry as in berry
Mary was in wary
Marry as in carry.

Of course, if you pronounce all the second words the same way, we're back to square one.

Ahhhh!!!!!!  I DO pronounce them all the same!    These last two days discussions have made me decide that the Northwestern US accent has to be the most boring of all.

So you say "carry" like carrie? Oy. this is so confusing :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2003, 05:54:36 AM »

I was directed to HHW by DR JMK, and welcomed shortly after by Mr BK and all the other lovely DR.   ;D

It is a wonderful place to come to talk and listen to lively discussions.  HHW has also made me aware of many DVD's, CD's, and films that have made their way into my collection!

I won a sparkling prize, DR Music Guy has sent me some CD's of his lovely music, DR Jason sent me the music from DOTV and MOBY DICK, and on and on.  

The improvements have been just that - improvements, and I too appreciate the effort to make this a safe and fun place to be on the internet.

I don't know what the reaction to most of my posts is, and I imagine there are some DR's who just skip them, but I read EVERYTHING and enjoy the diversity that is HHW!   :D

« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 05:55:10 AM by JRand53 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2003, 05:56:34 AM »

I have removed my post that probably caused the WIDESCREEN!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2003, 06:02:29 AM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2003, 06:03:15 AM »

In honor of Francois' news yesterday that Mr Jacques Bergerac has published his autobiography, here is your Allison Hayes picture of the day....Mr Bergerac and Allison at the tragic end of The Hypnotic Eye.

Jennifer

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2003, 06:04:25 AM »

Yep Jrand we're back to normal. I guess it was you :(

Jennifer

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2003, 06:07:59 AM »

In http://www.clicksmilies.com (under cool) I found a smiley that looks like a karma/good vibe smiley.  I would like to nominate "it" for HHW mascot:

Jennifer

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2003, 06:14:38 AM »

DR Emily cracked me up by saying (last night):
so all of you pronounce the name "Harry" to rhyme with "hairy"?  That's just mean!

This whole pronunciation thing is so fascinating.I have heard HARRY pronounced as HAIRY before. But I guess I never realized so many people say it that way.  To me Harry/Larry/Carrie/carry/marry are all pronouned differently than hairy/merry/ferry.

DR Andrea, if you are from Montreal then why is your Harry hairy? :)

Ben

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2003, 06:16:50 AM »

Happy Anniversary to us all.

I found this site when I was looking for Internet radio stations that played show music. This was in late Winter/early Spring of 2002. I actually found the archives of Donal's old shows at the "other site" first. I listened to them all. I couldn't figure out what was up over there regarding new episodes so I started searching again and lo and behold, I discovered this here site. I now come here every day. Amazing. I never thought I would be so attached to a site. I rarely read or post at other boards because there seems to be an unwritten rule that you have to be nasty and flame people. I get enough unpleasantness in the outside world. I don't want to enter into arguments and be called vile names by people I don't know just because I had the temerity to disagree with them about something. This is a very civilized place with pleasant, intelligent people and I enjoy that. My meetings with other HKs in NYC have been the highlights of my time spent here. Our night at Joe Allen's with Kerry and Music Guy and Jason and Jose and Susan Gordon and William and Ray for the Arizona contingent's 30th anniversary was a very special time and I'll remember it fondly. The new board design is great. I find it easy to use and it was quick to master. I look forward to many more years with my on-line family. And now, back to work for a while. I'll check in later and pop in for chat this evening.

Ben

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2003, 06:20:08 AM »

I agree, this looks like a good Karma producing smiley. Herewith is our mascot (with H/K approvals, of course).

Ben

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2003, 06:23:19 AM »

Has anyone noticed that I am slowly trying to up my numbers so that sometime this week I may have my own celebration. I will reach Senior Membership sometime soon. This here post will be 192. It's still a long road to 250, but I'll do it, by gum (and by candy too)

Meanwhile, I need coffee.

Ben

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2003, 06:25:23 AM »

Whoops, it's dangerous to count your post numbers. It never seems to come out right. Suffice it to say, I'm within striking distance. I will be back.

Party on in my absence. I must be getting into this. I'm using smilies and I don't usually do that.

Ben

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2003, 06:26:56 AM »

Since Jose is busy with Camelot and doesn't have time to entice us with his stories about baking, here is some cake to tide us over.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2003, 07:03:33 AM »

Happy Anniversary everyone! Party on.  

td

• td
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2003, 07:21:34 AM »

Did someone say "Cake?"
Did someone say "anniversary?"
Did someone say "free for all?"

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY[/move]

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up