Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DO I HEAR AN ANNIVERSARY WALTZ?  (Read 28001 times)

Jennifer

Re:DO I HEAR AN ANNIVERSARY WALTZ?
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2003, 12:07:14 PM »

DR Emily wrote:
Quite frankly it feels like I've been here forever!  But really I discovered this site when DR Jennifer posted on All That Chat that she was taking the banned "American Idol" talk to some weirdly named and then unknown to me site (this one in fact).  

Hey I never knew this. So I sort of brought you here? :)

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2003, 12:13:24 PM »

DR MusicGuy wrote:
I heard about this site from DR Kerry, and wondered to myself "what can be so interesting about reading some kind of narrow grey column, with black borders, that seems to scroll on forever, written by people that you don't know??"  

Sometimes there should be a warning on this site. I almost spit up what I was eating when I read this.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. Kimmel, may we both still be around and prospering come your 25th anniversary.  It was a happy happenstance when I walked into my faovurite bookstore and heard you doing a reading of Kritzerland.  It brought me into a strange and wonderful world and I got to do the best, funnest interview I'd ever done in my chequered career.

By the by, I'll have your blurb for you sometime this week.

Emily

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2003, 12:14:24 PM »

Yes Jennifer... you are a HHW-Missionary!

Thanks! :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2003, 12:16:54 PM »

I just ate the most delightful little snack called Squeez'n Go apple blasts.  It is this week's treat in our publi-sac. Now I'm betting only 2 DRs here will know what that is.  But for those who don't it's a bag that comes to your house every weekend with all the circulars/flyers from the various grocery/pharmacy/Walmart type stores.

My Squeeze'n Go was a delicious strawberry kiwi.

Btw, do most cities distribute "goodie bags" with the next week's flyers (I'm not sure what you guys call them, I call them circulars).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 12:18:24 PM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2003, 12:21:50 PM »

Can someone please come up with a name for this guy:

Btw, I have been at HHW since Day 1, and was told about it from BK himself.  I don't think I posted that much in the beginning (I can't even remember, how pathetic am I).  But incentives seem to work wonders with some people!  :)

Btw2, DR Ben I am CATCHING up to you, but I think you will beat me to 250.

Tomovoz

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2003, 12:22:19 PM »

I have just read page one. (It is 7.18 am here) so before I forget yes Jennifer there is a Santa Claus. No that's not it. The BIRDS ARE FREE. I would not have caged birds.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2003, 12:23:33 PM »

Well I gotta go since my sis is coming over soon and I want to watch last night's episode of Trading Spaces first.  I will try to drop by the chat tonight if I can.

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2003, 12:26:06 PM »

For DR Tom from OZ. Then what is that contraption the white birds were flying on. It looks like a huge bird cage (without the outer cage?).

And excuse my ignorance, but YOU HAVE BEAUTIFUL BIRDS LIKE THAT FLYING IN YOUR BACKYARD????

Oh my gosh they were nice!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 12:27:28 PM by Jennifer »

Tomovoz

« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2003, 12:28:24 PM »

Page two read and time to add to Jane's welcome for DR Sigerson Holmes (HK). Indeed it is good to see you back. Are still searching high and Loewe for sheet music?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2003, 12:29:18 PM »

JMK writes what is the "Privacy Report" subscript that appears here now before a page loads?  I've never seen it on any other site.

I don't see it JMK. Does it load at every page. Where do you see it? I've gone back to the very beginning and let each page load and I don't see the phrase you mentioned.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 12:29:51 PM by Ben »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2003, 12:30:45 PM »

My tale of serendipity:  Many of you already know how I came to this site so I shall try to be brief.  I have known Bruce since high school.  Another school friend, Penny, called and asked for his phone number which I gave her.  I went on line hoping to find his new work number to pass along.  To my surprise I found that was no longer.  I decided to persevere and hunt for a new, new work number.  That led me to an article commenting on how nice it is to have Bruce back and directed me to this site.  I might have just browsed and moved on, however, that day Bruce mentioned he was looking for Susan Gordon.  Now, I have known Susan since fourth grade and simply had to post.  At the time I wasn’t aware it was only the 6th day of this site.  Timing is often everything.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2003, 12:32:57 PM »

My favorite days here are the days when something happens that creates a catchphrase, or something we can just go on at length about.  I don't think of these in advance, they just come - so the KISS MY ASS day was classic haineshisway.com, the tales of the Randy Vicar were/are grand fun to title.  It's great when everyone picks up on them and runs with it.  I also adored the day when I was too busy to write an entire notes so I had you dear readers do it, "in my style".  We must do that again, soon.  Our Tony Awards bash was one of the greatest Internet gatherings in history (I think we came close to 400 posts on that day - or was it more?) and it was better than being at the Tonys.

Now, where in tarnation is Swishy Sarah - do you think she got "found out"?  Not like her to miss out on our big celebration.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2003, 12:38:45 PM »

I was surfing the Technical Board looking for answers that continue to elude me about how certain things are done when I discovered some CRUCIAL information!

There are SEVEN LEVELS of MEMBERSHIP.  This according to Br. Mark Bakalor (referencing, again, the imagery of him as Jesuit priest...possibly in charge of discipline at a Jesuit High School).

Moving along, Newbie, Junior Member, Full Member and Senior Member are the first four levels.

In order to reach the 5th Level, one must exceed 500 posts!

Isn't that GREAT?!!  A REASON to LIVE!!!!

DR Jennifer:  I'm fairly certain that "contraption" you refer to in TFO's photos of gorgeous birds is some sort of decorative metal fence.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 12:39:17 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2003, 12:40:15 PM »

And page three read too. Indeed Ben I do feel I have been corrupted by the NW State. AND I LOVE IT. I appreciate Linda Eder for having the guts to try new ways to dream. Michale Ball does the reverse interpretations of songs too. But then I kow there are many who can't stand his singing either. I don't like Midler but I appreciate and admire success. These people work hard. Thank God we are all different and have different tastes (and accents!) or this would be a poorer world. One of the joys of this site is "meeting" people who indeed have different views and tastes. I have found so many so informative and helpful.
James Thurber 1957

Emily

« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2003, 12:43:56 PM »

but Ron... what's the official title you gain when you reach the 500 posts?

"Newbie Obsessor"?
and then "Jr. Obsessor" for the 6th level and "Senior Obsessor" for 7th? :)

Jennifer: I never get cool stuff like that in my Publi-Sac.   Although since my little sister is normally the person who goes through the baggie, it's possible she is hoarding all these snacks for herself and then doesn't tell the rest of us.  ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2003, 12:45:26 PM »

LOL DR Noel - as a composer - certainly has strong reactions to Ms Linda Eder.  She is not my favorite, but I enjoy her.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2003, 12:46:13 PM »

I am certain the contraption is a fence upon which the Parrots sit (The fence is to keep the dogs from being "Free range" - we have 2 and half acres of garden and no the dogs are not caged - they prefer being in the house anyway). The cockatoos are sitting on a rotary clothes hoist (clothesline). As you can guess, this is a cat free environment. And yes I do like cats. (Thanks RON)
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2003, 12:49:51 PM »

I guess we really ARE becoming popular with the populace.  I don't know when it was, but Mr. William E. Lurie asked some question about the length of bios in the Playbill for Hairspray, specifically the bio of Mary Bond Davis.  Well, Miss Mary Bond Davis sent me an e-mail with the answer, so here it is:

When it comes to my Hairspray bio, you are contractually bound to use an exact amount of words.

I am allowed 75 words.

I have, of course, asked Miss Mary Bond Davis to do an Unseemly Interview, and hopefully she will oblige, oh, yes, hopefully she will oblige.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2003, 12:56:54 PM »

Good afternoon all
Happy Anniversary to HHW!!  
I have been a faithful H/K from almost day one.  DR Jed, knowing of my fondness for all things relating to music, theatre, and odd humor, told me of the site, and I am ever grateful to him for doing so.  
Alas I cannot partake of ham chunks, cheese slices, or cake at the moment.  Yesterday, whilst trying to drive from one side of the state to the other, I was hit with the flu.  I found myself in a groccery store parking lot, unable to do anything but run for the bushes every few minutes...sometimes not making it.  After three hours of this, it was now dark and very cold, my wonderful friends drove over and rescued me, brought me home, and left me to my misery, which lasted until about 4 am.  I'm happy to report that water and saltines now stay down..gonna try soup next...
So everyone enjoy the delectable foodstuffs, I shall enjoy leftovers tomorrow :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2003, 01:00:23 PM »

Happy Anniversary to us all.

.... I discovered this here site. I now come here every day. Amazing. I never thought I would be so attached to a site. I rarely read or post at other boards because there seems to be an unwritten rule that you have to be nasty and flame people. I get enough unpleasantness in the outside world. I don't want to enter into arguments and be called vile names by people I don't know just because I had the temerity to disagree with them about something. This is a very civilized place with pleasant, intelligent people and I enjoy that....

My sentiments exactly!  I don't remember exactly how I found HHW, but it was some time in June of 2002.  I've been here ever since and it's even become my homepage on my web browsers.  I don't start my day (or most times end it) without checking in to HHW!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2003, 01:11:48 PM »

Now that you've read today's notes (you have read them, haven't you?), it is time to get this party going.  Let's break more records on this, our second anniversary.  Let's smash those records to smithereens, shall we?

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, ONE AND ALL!

I am off to see Little Shop of Horrors this afternoon.  No, I am not secretly in New York; this is a local production.  After that, I only have time for a quick dinner before rehearsal (unless it is canceled again).  I am afraid I will miss "chat," unless you are long-winded (or fingered).

I will check in when I get home.

Love you all!

TCB
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Andrea

« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2003, 01:13:53 PM »

Yes Jennifer... you are a HHW-Missionary!

Thanks! :)

um... she's not the only one Emily

George

« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2003, 01:17:40 PM »

But enough about me - let's have more tales!  What are your favorite moments that we've had here at haineshisway.com?  Tales, I say, we need tales.

One (or fifteen, depending on how you count) of my favorite "tails," was S. Woody's The Tails of Bonnie and Clyde.  Co-workers of mine read the tale of the tails and just loved them.  One in particular was very emotional about it.  About a month before the stories were posted, this one co-worker had to have one of her dogs put down.   :'(  He was very old and lived a good life but just couldn't hold on any longer.  His name was Buster (if you've read the stories, and haven't we all, you know what this refers to).  So thanks, Woody, for sharing and caring (and those do rhyme).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Andrea

« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2003, 01:24:44 PM »

There are SEVEN LEVELS of MEMBERSHIP.  This according to Br. Mark Bakalor (referencing, again, the imagery of him as Jesuit priest...possibly in charge of discipline at a Jesuit High School).

Isn't that GREAT?!!  A REASON to LIVE!!!!

For some odd reason, DR Ron, I am rolling around on the floor in tears of laughter.

Tomovoz

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2003, 01:27:53 PM »

TCB you have mail! Enjoy the show. That is an order. One of the great delights of HHW is the amount of fun I derived "OFF" the board as well!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2003, 01:33:23 PM »

DR Ben I don't really post that much when you are asleep. I would be talking to myself. When the posters from the NW retire I too retire from the computer. Being happily retired from a working life I have more time at home and don't need to rely on a work computer for access as do some DRs. Retirement does however mean my days are often quite busy socially and I don't really just sit here all day. I have birds to feed. There is a definite connection between the number of posts and who else is on line!
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2003, 01:40:42 PM »

I am sad.  I won't be able to join chat tonight.  :(  What a day to have to miss it!  I'm ushering (two showings) for the new Warren Miller extreme ski movie "Journey" that's being shown tonight at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts.  I'll be there from 3:30 until probably after 10:00 pm (Pacific time).  I'll check chat when I get home, but I'm not holding out hope that it'll still be going.  Anyway, I have a shower to take, errands to run and movies to watch (twice), and hopefully amongst all that, food to eat.  Have a great chat and again:

[move=right,scroll,8,transparent,100%]HAPPY[/move]
[move=left,scroll,8,transparent,100%]ANNIVERSARY ! ![/move]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 01:45:38 PM by George »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2003, 01:49:07 PM »

;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2003, 01:54:51 PM »

Thanks, Jack!

I LOVE Gale Storm.  She's one of my earliest favorites on TV and the radio!!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 02:10:33 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up