Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BOWLING WITH SONDHEIM  (Read 16740 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:BOWLING WITH SONDHEIM
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2005, 01:51:36 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOOD WEATHER VIBES[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]TO OUR SOUTHERN DEAR READERS![/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2005, 02:33:40 PM »

That kind of put me into widescreen, although Denny Miller might be worth it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2005, 02:37:58 PM »

JRand: See how natural it looks?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2005, 02:43:23 PM »

That kind of put me into widescreen, although Denny Miller might be worth it.

Did it?  I can take if off.  It didn't turn mine widescreen, so I thought I was safe.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2005, 02:49:56 PM »

Is this a better size?  DR Charles Pogue should still recognize this gentleman.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2005, 03:04:31 PM »

Thank you, DR TCB. That should not be a problem (the other really wasn't really bad widescreen either). And, as I said, I doubt many people here, either male or female, will have much problem with the picture. It's very easy on the eyes.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2005, 03:18:23 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back in Fairfax right now... And I'm about to head to dinner...

In the meantime, here are some posts I composed while on the train back from NYC....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2005, 03:18:39 PM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

-Just covering my bases, and after a couple of whirlwind days, I'm surprised that I know what time of day it is after being cooped up inside a theatre for hours on end.

Oh, that's what the sun looks like?!?!?

My time up New York Stage & Film was nothing short of amazing.  And special.  I truly was not expecting to have such a fun, creative and productive experience.

I caught up with some old friends, and made some new ones.

And I even got to sit next to Estelle Parsons at last night's show.  -Oh, and it turned out that Reg. E. Cathy was one of my floormates in my dorm.

I could wax poetic and rhapsodic about the past couple of days, but...  There was just so much that was "right" about the whole situation, that there's no possible way I could put everything down in print.  The timing, the people, the atmosphere - even the weather seemed to be in my favor.

The past two days were packed with rehearsals, rewrites, more rehearsals and more rewrites.  But that's what a workshop is supposed to be.  Yes, there were some "high tension" moments in all departments, but we all banded together, and the evening performances really came off well.  I just wish I could have stayed the rest of the weekend, but I really did need to head back home for a few days.... Since I'll "officially" be in NYC as of next Friday!

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2005, 03:18:55 PM »

...Other notables in attendance last night.... actor, Mark Linn-Baker - who happens to be on the Board of New York Stage & Film; Mr. Sheet Music, himself, Michael Lavine; writer, David Spencer; Michael Rupert; director, Michael Unger; and lots of actor's agents seeing their clients.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2005, 03:20:03 PM »

I didn't end up staying in New York City today.  After hanging out in Grand Central Station a while - I grabbed some lunch, as well as two pies from The Little Pie Shop to take back to my parents - I headed over to Penn Station just in time to catch the 12:55 back to DC.

I may or may not drive back down to Richmond tonight.  I'm actually starting to feel the 'effects' of the past week, and I think I may just stay in Fairfax tonight and take it easy, then head down in the morning.  I have stuff to take care of in my storage unit, and then banking and mail first thing Monday morning.

I actually ended up booking some work for next Tuesday and Wednesday.  I thought it was in NYC, but after a recent phone call, it looks like the work will be in DC next week - and then some more work the following week in NYC.  -Playing auditions. Apparently, the casting breakdown went out with the dates switched for the cities.  In any case, I know I'm working a couple of time over the next few weeks.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2005, 03:20:16 PM »

....The train ride from Poughkeepsie to Grand Central this morning was gorgeous!  After a few days of rain and gray, the sun came back out again.  It was the perfect bookend to my trip up there last Saturday.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2005, 03:20:30 PM »

And I also have to say that those folks up at New York Stage & Film really know what they are doing. Such a great team of people.  And I'm still somewhat amazed at the caliber of talent they attract.  I hope to get back up there sometime in the future.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2005, 03:20:49 PM »

Well...Time for me to catch up on the posts and notes from the past 36 hours...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2005, 03:21:59 PM »

ADDENDUM/CORRECTiON - Actually, I'm gonna head out now and get some dinner... Then once I return, I shall catch up on my reading.

Oh - DR George - Wow, those folks at the USPS really earned their 37 cents this week!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2005, 03:34:12 PM »

...Other notables in attendance last night.... actor, Mark Linn-Baker - who happens to be on the Board of New York Stage & Film; Mr. Sheet Music, himself, Michael Lavine; writer, David Spencer; Michael Rupert; director, Michael Unger; and lots of actor's agents seeing their clients.

;)

Mark Linn-Baker is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.  For some reason, having watched him on PERFECT STRANGERS, I had this impression in the back of my mind that he might be very egotistical.  I am very happy to say that he proved me totally wrong.
“One thing’s universal,

Jed

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2005, 03:54:24 PM »

I have a few autographs...see the Laurel Massé autograph that I posted earlier today!  (Again, THANK YOU JOSE!!)  But I don't have a lot.  I do have autographs of all the other members of The Manhattan Transfer, but I got them on eBay.  I've never met them in person, just seen them in concert.

Janis Siegel is the only of the group I've met (but have seen the rest of the group in concert twice).  She was quite friendly in our brief meeting, but I've never been the autograph sort, so I don't have one to show for it.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2005, 03:57:07 PM »

Janis Siegel is the only of the group I've met (but have seen the rest of the group in concert twice).  She was quite friendly in our brief meeting, but I've never been the autograph sort, so I don't have one to show for it.

You mean you refused to give her your autograph???
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2005, 04:52:11 PM »

Oy, oy, oy what a few days I've had.  We are deep in our planning (rather late for us) for our coming cross-country trek to Yellowstone with the boys.  Like an idiot, I decided to take back roads there to cut off some miles, only to find out hotels are few and far between up in those Nazi-infested climes of central Idaho.  :)

Then this morning our neighbors dropped by to ask Gabe if he wanted to go for a "little walk" with their boy and their new dog.  I said I'd come along.  SEVEN + miles later (I kid you not) we dragged ourselves home.  This was a major hike up and down hills (as those who have been to my very own home environment can attest, we live in the "San Francisco" section of Portland).  Plus BeeGee got excited at the prospect of a stream and pulled me down a hill where of course I fell very hard.

Incipient mortality department:  we're going to loop down through SLC on our way back from Yellowstone, and I wanted to drop by my parents' old house to show it to my kids.  My sister had said the new owners had told her that we were always welcome to come.  The hangup:  my sister has lost their name and phone number and can't remember it.  So I spent all last night doing "Infospace" searches for my old street, only to find that there is literally no one on that street left from even 8 years ago when my mom was still alive.  So I called the realtor this morning who handled the sale to see if she would go up there and get a message to the new owners.  We shall see.

But I think I have managed to answer the trivia question which, convoluted though it may be, is eminently solvable.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2005, 04:53:16 PM »

Janis & Cheryl of MT (as well as several of the New York Voices) are very good friends with Suzi Stern, the absolutely incredible vocalist who brings such power to my Aqabala recordings.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2005, 04:56:26 PM »

Favorite SS:

Here's a hint that Jose at least should get:

1-3-5, 1-3-5, 1-3-5, 1-3-5, ad infinitum
2-3-5, 1-3-5, 2-3-5, 1-3-5, 2-3-5, 2-3-5 (that extra one always throws me for a loop).

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2005, 04:57:56 PM »

Question for the Big Brother fans.

To win the million the "teams" have to be the last 2 standing and not have anyone uncover their secret.

This last part confuses me because it seems that some people in the house are starting to suspect that others might be pairs.  So if a pair is the final two, then how is it determined if they win the million?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2005, 05:08:44 PM »

JMK I'm impressed Gabe walked so far.  When is your cross-country trek?  It sounds like fun.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2005, 05:11:13 PM »

Jennifer if you don't get an answer to your question I will see if I can get a response from my cousin for you.  During production he tends not to answer his email

JMK

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2005, 05:15:39 PM »

JMK I'm impressed Gabe walked so far.  When is your cross-country trek?  It sounds like fun.

You're impressed Gabe walked that far?  Oy!!!   ;D

We leave in a couple of weeks.  I'm excited.  The kids are nonplussed, though Gabe is looking forward to seeing the Kauffman Military Museum at Ft. Douglas that my Dad founded.  They're letting us in for a private tour on the day it's closed to the public.  I'll probably be a basket case--the first thing you see when you walk in is a big "shrine" dedicated to my father.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2005, 05:24:51 PM »

LOL JMK, I thought I would be kind and pretend 7 miles was nothing for you.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2005, 05:28:37 PM »

JMK do you have photo's of the shrine?  That is something.  I know I would fall apart.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2005, 05:30:08 PM »

Hi Tomovoz I'm finally reading THE PARROTS OF TELEGRAPH HILL.   :D

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2005, 05:43:14 PM »

Jennifer if you don't get an answer to your question I will see if I can get a response from my cousin for you.  During production he tends not to answer his email

During production of what?

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2005, 05:48:39 PM »

Hope you enjoy it DR Jane.  It really is surprising (to me) how it does keep grabbing the reader into the writer's world when it really is not plot driven.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2005, 05:48:45 PM »

I'm back (and have been for a couple of hours) but have now caught up.  I just finished vacuuming my living room/dining room/hallway.  I have to admit that I rarely do it ::), but when I do vacuum, I'm quite anal retentive about it and thoroughly vacuum everything.  I even vacuumed the love seat (I don't have a full-sized couch) that my housemate's cat has been living on (my housemate has never vacuumed the loveseat :P).  Anyway, it took me more than an hour and I had to empty the bagless vacuum four, yes FOUR times!  It's that powerful a vacuum.  It's a Eureka!

Now that I'm done in my house, I have to go next door to my sister's and help her put up more towel bars (I did a few last night) and help her get the brand new vacuum that she just bought out of her car.  And we may switch some light fixtures.  There is one light fixture in my house (her former house) that she wants back, so I'll take the fixture that she has.  I hope it's not too difficult...and I don't want to electrocute myself.  So, I'll be very careful.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up