Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIRACLE WORKERS  (Read 15631 times)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:THE MIRACLE WORKERS
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2005, 11:12:07 PM »

Ann, I just read about sugar gliders after never hearing of them before today. One site said if they don't get enough attention, like a couple hours a day, they die of loneliness. How strange. Do yours seem as needy as all that?

An hour or two a night is ideal, yeah.  But those figures are more for single kept gliders.  I keep my two babies as a pair, which is healthier for them.  They're brothers, and they've lived together from day one.  They can entertain themselves pretty well on days that I can't let them out to play.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2005, 11:14:20 PM »

...and right down the street from the empanada place is a place called "fluff".  It's a small coffee/sandwich/dessert place with their dessert creations being their star attraction.  -And they also make homemade marshmallows there - thus, "fluff".

Besides the usual cookies, cupcakes and cakes, they also sell homemade versions of Twinkies (called a 'fwinkie'), Ho-Hos, and Ding-Dongs.  I did not sample any of their goodies, but I'm sure I'll make it back there someday.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2005, 11:18:49 PM »

And then I headed uptown to meet my friend, Matt, who had come up from Richmond for the weekend.  We grabbed a bite to up there, and then took the A down to Times Square.  We both browsed a bunch at the Virgin Megastore, but didn't buy anything.  *I was really tempted to buy couple of neat 2-CD compilations of various types of music that were only running $9.99 per set.  One was called "Divas" and it covered various "divas" and their signature hits - all the way from blues, jazz and up to disco.  There was also a collection called "Lounge Lizard".. an "Easy Listening" compilation... and a "Music for After Midnight" collection.  -And, all two-disc sets for just $9.99.

-I may go back later for them.  They seem like ideal car-, train-, plane trip music.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2005, 11:20:05 PM »

Then it we both went to "therapy".  -My second time there, his first time.  We hung out for a while.  They had some "special interest entertainment" tonight it turned out.

I left after about an hour.  Matt stayed.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2005, 11:25:59 PM »

As for pets...

We had a poodle, Princess, when we lived in Seattle.  She was anything but a "princess".  Always digging her way out the yard, and when she didn't like someone, she really made it known that she didn't like them.  She even bit one of the next door neighbor kids.  She had come from the pound, and I'm guessing now, in retrospect, that she probably came from an abusive household.

We also had hamsters, gerbils and fish from time to time.  The names escape me right now.

And we could never figure out the proper way to prevent the gerbils teeth from growing.  We were instructed to make sure they always had something to chew on in their cage in order to curb the growth of their teeth.  Well.. their teeth only seemed to get longer and sharper.  My Dad got bit a couple of times trying to catch them after they had escaped from the cage.

And that's my pet report.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2005, 11:26:37 PM »

Well, I have to be at Ripley-Greer in a few hours for the final round of call-backs - for this round of auditions...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2005, 11:27:14 PM »

DR ozderek - So very happy to see your post earlier.  Hope all is well with you.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up