Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GIRDING MY LOINS  (Read 23041 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:GIRDING MY LOINS
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2005, 05:10:45 PM »

And now, the Food Report from Day 1 Williamstown.

-Remember, it's all about the food!

I had lunch - which was basically a very late breakfast - at Helen's Place.  Helen's is basically a deli-type establishment.  I got their Buffalo Chicken Wrap - very tasty.  I also picked up two deviled eggs - which were good too, although, they could use a more judicious hand with the Dijon mustard - or the Colman's Mustard Powder - the filling had a bit of an unexpected kick to it.  Whew!

Dessert - yes - I had dessert, but of course - came courtesy of the Tunnel Country Cafe - I think that's what it's called.  It's a coffee shop that also sells pastries and other baked goods.  I got one of their "French Macaroons".  Basically, it was two Chocolate-Hazelnut Meringue cookies with a generous dollop of Chocolate Ganache holding them together.  A very haute cuisine Oreo.  Very good.

I shall have to investigate the rest of the pastry case later on.  -And they also have hand-dipped chocolates too!
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2005, 05:11:40 PM »

Never mind, Domino's master has come to fetch him.  He appologized for the trouble we went through to take care of his dog.  I could be happier about the situation, but at least everything is back to "normal."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2005, 05:14:29 PM »

...OH!

My sweet tooth kicked in big time once I got here...  So...

I actually ended up picking up a Chocolate Toffee Cookie and a Raspberry-Filled Butter Cookie at Helen's.  Both were very good - the raspberry cookie seemed made with fresh raspberries too.

...And then I headed across the street to Lickety Split for some ice cream.  I got a scoop of Cinema Bun (???) in a sugar cone.  It's basically a cinnamon bun flavored ice cream with pecans.  Very good too.

....And for dinner, we all headed over to the Water Mill Inn - or something like that.  Basically a pub/tavern.  I got the fried clams - I just had to since I'm in Massachusetts right now.  Very good, and surprisingly light too!
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2005, 05:15:03 PM »

I'll try to get back to y'all after I get dinner made.  But I'm making no guarantees, as I'm pretty wiped from work (running the express lane takes a lot of energy).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2005, 05:15:32 PM »

And, yes, somehow between all that eating, I did manage to play a few hours of rehearsal, and run through the show with the composer.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2005, 05:36:44 PM »

And yet more pictures...

Mr. Rees' office from the outside...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2005, 05:37:39 PM »

Mr. Rees' office from the inside...  *I need to take one of the actual inside of the office... I hope...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2005, 05:38:32 PM »

Here's one of the signs on the office door:
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2005, 05:39:05 PM »

And here's the other.  *I really like this one!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2005, 05:39:35 PM »

And, finally, a word of warning....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »

...Do you like my ankles?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2005, 05:40:19 PM »

...And now I'm off to watch a play...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2005, 05:46:37 PM »

Hiya folks!
What Jose didn't mention was when he came by yesterday, some person in our building has apparently given up their Broadway dreams and had put out in the lobby a ton of acting books and Jose found a folder chock full o' songs, so we had him do a profile on the person using only their folder full of audition songs.

That was cool.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2005, 05:48:32 PM »

Been doing housework all day, as reported.

Soon heading out to Don't Tell Mama's cabaret club to meet the SCARLET STREET team. They have some records they need turned into CDs, and so they will give me those, and maybe we'll see some decent cabaret. Maybe I'll get TPunk up there to sing.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2005, 05:49:35 PM »

Pogue, don't know if you've been paying attention, but your Reds are now out of the cellar, courtesy of my pathetic Pirates.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2005, 06:03:14 PM »

DRRodzinski, did you get my email of yesterday about dinner next week?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2005, 06:13:40 PM »

Tom, I'll double check to make sure exactly when your package went out.  We've got all the customs slips.  We had one order, though, that slipped through the cracks, so I want to make certain that yours went out.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2005, 06:59:49 PM »

We moved our things out of the school library today. Send construction vibes this week!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2005, 07:07:43 PM »

DRLaura, GOOD CONSTRUCTION VIBES! :)

Bryan could use some good car selling vibes.  He has had two cars for too long now.  I would like to see his car sold before we go to Portland on Wednesday.

FJL

« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2005, 07:14:32 PM »

I was reminded (through a thorough discussion of the years the movies came out and other things that were going on in my then-young life) at dinner tonight that the movie poster that freaked me out in Far Rockaway when I was a pre-teen must in fact have been the poster for BEN, not the poster for WILLARD.  A visit to the imdb for BEN confirmed that that was the poster plastered everywhere I went, near the Far Rockaway station.

Then I first heard the SCHMALTZY song "Ben" (sung to the titular rat) on the Oscars the following spring, since I didn't listen to the radio much at that age.

I should have known that nothing that involved Bruce Davison could have freaked me out too terribly.

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2005, 07:58:48 PM »

Tom, I'll double check to make sure exactly when your package went out.  We've got all the customs slips.  We had one order, though, that slipped through the cracks, so I want to make certain that yours went out.
Thank you BK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2005, 08:01:52 PM »

Back three and a half hours later and not much to read! Lazy Sunday in the USA. Hope it's lazy rather than Gloomy.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2005, 08:06:07 PM »

Oh, the heartbreak of two wonderful shows coming to an end. SIX FEET UNDER has maybe three or four more episodes to go, so everything that's happening is of major importance, and I will not want to let these characters go.

QUEER AS FOLK, of course, has only one more episode. The writing isn't as good, the characters aren't as well developed, but these folks are still like members of my family, and it is going to be so hard letting them go.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2005, 08:07:41 PM »

COLD CASE repeated one of my favorite episodes of the seaosn, a heartbreaking story of a mentally impaired teen and the rather hopeless set of circumstances he found himself in but was unaware of. Had tears in my eyes all over again at the end of that episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2005, 08:11:56 PM »

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW had hallmarks of every disaster movie ever made: parents searching for endangered children, super bright kids with lots of the answers, deadbeat, power mad politicians who won't listen to reason thus leading to catastrophe, one calamity after another.

I still like THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE more.

Michael

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2005, 08:13:11 PM »

Listening to ITunes on my PC. Right now I am listening to A Bacharach Love Story. What a great piece!

BK: Was that your idea? If so how long did it take to put it all together?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2005, 08:15:33 PM »

Watching select episodes of The Twilight Zone. Watched Eye of the Beholder just  a few minutes ago. Did you know that Donna Douglas was approach first to play Daisy Mae in Li'l Abner? According to Donna she didn't do it because she felt she wasn't good enough. So it went to another beautiful actress. (She didn't name her.)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2005, 08:16:34 PM »

Well I am off to bed. Another work day coming up, And a long one too, There is a meeting afterwards.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2005, 08:17:26 PM »

Started on the third and final disc in THE MARY TYLER MOORE set. Many of the shows are still as fresh and funny as ever. In one show, Mary dated a former classmate who had become a concert pianist. Joshua Bryant played the old boy friend, and they had terrific chemistry together. I know the premise of the series was a single gal making her own way in both personal and professional life, but I think of all Mary's boy friends during the seven year run of the series, he was my favorite. I wish they had worked him into the series more.

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2005, 08:19:11 PM »

Watching select episodes of The Twilight Zone. Watched Eye of the Beholder just  a few minutes ago. Did you know that Donna Douglas was approach first to play Daisy Mae in Li'l Abner? According to Donna she didn't do it because she felt she wasn't good enough. So it went to another beautiful actress. (She didn't name her.)

I did not know that. I think she made the right decision.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up