Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: OUT OF CZECHS  (Read 35901 times)

Cillaliz

Re:OUT OF CZECHS
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2005, 04:03:03 PM »

BIG BROTHER 6 LIVE FEEDS CHAT:Well I think there might be a way for it to work.  But they would have to lay  more groundwork.  Kaysar figured out how to manipulate the situation last time so the alliance split.

Perhaps they could conveniently let ivette or someone else overhear them saying maggie made a deal.

They'll never believe Maggie made a deal. It just isn't going to happen.

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2005, 04:04:21 PM »

I read that the big bomb Julie is going to drop during the Summer of Secrets this week is that after Kaysar gets ejected on Thursday, the public will get to vote on one houseguest to be let back in the house, so Kaysar could come right back in after being let go.

I love it - that's almost a public veto!!! Hope you are right. I'll vote to have him go back.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2005, 04:06:41 PM »

Good Evening!

The internet connection got knocked out last during the storms last night.  Some truly spectacular lightning and thunder.

And since rehearsal started at 10:00 this morning, I didn't have much time to check in on things before heading out, so...

But I've read today's Notes and Posts.  And now I shall post too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2005, 04:09:20 PM »

BB6 SPOILER:

Still, you have to wonder at the oddity of his winning two Vetos and being saved by a third.  He and Sarah have won them all.

If I were HOH, I'd nominate Ivette and April for eviction.  

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2005, 04:10:48 PM »

Good Evening!

The internet connection got knocked out last during the storms last night.  Some truly spectacular lightning and thunder.

And since rehearsal started at 10:00 this morning, I didn't have much time to check in on things before heading out, so...

But I've read today's Notes and Posts.  And now I shall post too.

Well it's about time....we were all practically withering away in despair because you'd been away so very long!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2005, 04:12:10 PM »

I suppose I just might watch one of the DVDs from "The Thin Man" box set tonight.  I'll probably watch the "Alias Nick and Nora" DVD with the documentaries on Powell and Loy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2005, 04:12:46 PM »

I may even check out some of the extra features on the other DVDs...just so DR Matt H can "imagine" what it might be like!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2005, 04:14:12 PM »

After eating only a bowl of soup for lunch, my metabolism started to crash about an hour ago.  Thank goodness I brought in some bananas.

I'm good to go now!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2005, 04:15:18 PM »

Yes, I have no bananas
I have no bananas today

And thats a 'cause I ate 'em!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2005, 04:16:49 PM »

Topic of the Day-

Movies:  I guess the "The Sound of Music" would top my list.  Others that I know I've seen multiple times in the theater and/or at home are "Cinema Paradiso", "On Golden Pond", "Poltergeist", "The Princess Bride", and "Waiting for Guffman".

Plays and Musicals:  Hmm... Miss Saigon (I just had so many friends in it over the years), Les Miserables, Fiddler on the Roof, and The King & I.

As for shows I've played the most performances of... well, I'm guessing Mamma Mia! now.  But Into the Woods would be a close second - that production at Signature just kept on extending and extending...

However, there was one season where I ended up doing about three productions of Fiddler on the Roof back to back, and I know I had a string of Pippin's somewhere along the way too.

As for plays... Either Twelfth Night or A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2005, 04:16:54 PM »

I've got about 10 bids in esnipe.com waiting for the next hour to pass when the auctions will end..  

If all holds true to form, I'll win one of them.

And that's all right.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 04:17:52 PM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2005, 04:22:58 PM »

We had another good day of rehearsal.  Making progress.

I had to do a little "musical psychology" with one of the singers today, and my work seemed to help her a lot.  And I came up with a sort of profound piece of advice:

"There is a difference between "starting again" and "going backwards".  It's OK to "start again"."

-Well, it seemed slightly profound at the time.  ;)

We should have the rest of the show taught and blocked by the weekend - heck, it's only Tuesday!  And then we'll have a good week and a half to play and explore off-book.  And relax a little.

I hope.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2005, 04:25:05 PM »

I've got about 10 bids in esnipe.com waiting for the next hour to pass when the auctions will end..  

If all holds true to form, I'll win one of them.

And that's all right.

I'm still a bit confused about the use of esnipe.com.

Doesn't e-Bay still allow you to set what your personal high limit (for a bid) will be?  And if that happens to win the auction, then you win the auction?

Or does esnipe override that feature?  (if the feature still exists).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 04:25:32 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2005, 04:26:37 PM »

Oops! Forgot ---
!  

http://www.shannoncenter.org

I went to look at it and on my computer it has text or text. I know how hard it can be to keep a web site in perfect order. I do BK's and I screwed up last month with and luckily got it up and running again.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2005, 04:27:09 PM »

Well it's about time....we were all practically withering away in despair because you'd been away so very long!

-Didn't I read somewhere that bananas contain a trace amount of a narcotic substance?

:-P
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2005, 04:27:47 PM »

Hi guys,

I don’t know if anyone saw me earlier.  I was at my GYN’s office and they had a sign that there was free WiFi.  I only had the pocket PC with me but I tried to get on the site to post a “Hi”.  I thought I signed on but I couldn’t make it work.   I couldn’t access the daily topic.

Not much else to say today except that I am very tired and hope everyone has a pleasant evening.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2005, 04:32:01 PM »

So, To Theatre or Not To Theatre tonight?

Frankly, I'm in the mood for a nice nap right now.

However, it turned out to be a beautifully sunny day up here in the Berkshires.  And the temps have cooled down quite nicely as the sun has been setting.

There's some directing project being presented at 11:00 tonight.  Hmm...

*Oh, and I didn't realize until I actually looked-looked at the performance schedule for the project that I'm working on, that our final show is on Saturday, August 20... At 11:30pm?!?!?!?

We better not hold the curtain that night!

-But I do realize the reasoning behind the scheduling:  It's to allow those patrons who are attending the Mainstage production at 8:00 to see something else while they're up here.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2005, 04:38:13 PM »

Two major announcements from the internet. This first one is only for those, like me, who are sick and tired of remakes and re-dos.

<Nicole Kidman set to star in Invasion, a remake of the sci-fi classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The new version centers on a mysterious epidemic that has altered the behavior of human beings and a psychiatrist (Kidman) that's discovered its origins are extraterrestrial. Oliver Hirschbiegel (Downfall) directs.

Dear Lord! Already one unnecessary remake and now this! HELP END THE MADNESS!

This will be the fourth version of the film
Invasion of the Body Snatchers1956
Invasion of the Body Snatchers1973
Body Snatchers1998
Invasion of the Body Snatchers2006

Has there ever been a movie remade more than three times?
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2005, 04:43:43 PM »

DRJose, who's running the music for the cabaret shows this season?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2005, 05:07:40 PM »

Greetings to Miss Vickie. Would she like a catnip sock? If so, email me at DearReaderLaura@hotmail.com.

I have nothing to add to the TOD.

DR Jason, I'm sure you had more fun with your doctor's visit than either DR Danise or I had today.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 05:08:22 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2005, 05:12:23 PM »

Back from the Hudson.  Now I shall get ready to sup with Mr. Grant Geissman and Miss Tammy Minoff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2005, 05:13:10 PM »

Dear reader Laura, what do you MEAN that you have nothing to add to the topic of the day?  We know how many times you've seen all those Gregory Peck movies.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2005, 05:23:46 PM »

The problem with me and movies is that I'll often fall asleep when I see things over and over.  As for shows, I've seen

Phantom of the Opera - 10 times
Les Miserables - 6 times

However, I've played:

Jospeh - 5 times
Fiddler - 5 times
Dolly - 3 times
Bye Bye Birdie - 4 times

Those top the list for played shows.  For performnaces, I believe Joseph wins.  

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2005, 05:36:44 PM »

On the TOD, I have seen Annie, The Last Unicorn, The Princess Bride, and A League of Their Own many many times.

I am also somewhat embarrassed to admit on this board that I am a repeat watcher of Glitter (yes, the movie starring Mariah Carey) I dragged Rodzinski out to see it in the theaters, and now whenever it comes on tv, I watch it through to the end.  I can't help it, the movie is so awful, it's mesmerizing... I also own the soundtrack.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2005, 05:38:55 PM »

DR Jennifer: Yes, it makes a very soft humming noise. I don't have to worry about anyone waking up next to me anytime soon, unfortunately.

That seems so unfair, Jason.  You really should let some of those guys stay over.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2005, 05:40:06 PM »

Awesome news to report- I was just offered a part-time job at Gay Men's Health Crisis, the agency where I've been interning (and before that a volunteer) this past year.

They offered me the position without asking me to interview and told me a full-time position would be available in the future when I graduate from school.  I have to admit, this feels fabulous on the heels of my not so spectactular exit from the evil mouse.

Tomovoz

« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2005, 05:49:23 PM »

Great news DR Punk.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2005, 05:51:20 PM »

Thanks Tomovoz!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2005, 05:51:48 PM »

Woo hoo! I just hit 100 posts!

Tomovoz

« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2005, 05:56:01 PM »

Congratulations all round. Guess you're not shedding mouseka tears.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up