Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: OUT OF CZECHS  (Read 35792 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:OUT OF CZECHS
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2005, 07:29:44 AM »

TOD

Rocky Horror Picture Show 30- 50 times in the theatre one of those college things where you go every week.....and I have the video (not DVD.. video)

Pirates of Penzance I saw the original Broadway cast  on Broadway and I have the video of the movie version with the same cast which I have seen at least 20 times

Wizard of Oz.. saw it in the theatres 2 x (I think it was the late 60's or early 70's when it was re-released)
It was on TV every year when I was a little kid and must see family viewing so figure maybe another 14 or so  times there and I have the original video release whih I must have seen  a dozen times

A Christmas Story: Some cable channel runs this for 24 hours Christmas Eve to Christmas Day (TNT maybe?) it has become the background noise for Santa Claus proceedings for the past several years so thats probably 20 x or so

The Pirates of the Carribean  2 x in the theatre and the DVD has been watched about 25 times and if it happened to be on TV whilst I'm channel surfing the surfing stops there !

Much Ado About Nothing (the Kevin Branagh version) this was my very first DVD  and it has been played at least 30 times....

Theres more but I really should get back to work

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2005, 07:32:29 AM »

Theres more but I really should get back to work

I'm off to work, too.  Thanks for the thoughts, DR vixmom.  It's very good to have you back.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2005, 07:46:51 AM »

Thanks for reminding me about Jana Schneider, DR Dan (the Man). I do remember now we did talk about this many moons ago (a ONCE UPON A MATTRESS reference).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2005, 07:50:10 AM »

I have seen two movies five times at a theater, and they both happen to be Disney movies.

SLEEPING BEAUTY

THE PARENT TRAP

And no, I didn't go to THE PARENT TRAP for Hayley Mills (though of course she was delightful). I had a big crush on Brian Keith. I thought he was the coolest dad ever and, of course, unbelievably sexy. I also thought Maureen O'Hara's singing voice was lovely.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2005, 07:52:46 AM »

In terms of strictly Broadway shows, I saw three shows twice during their original runs (with different stars):

HELLO, DOLLY!

MAME

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (surprise! But I really went the second time because I was sitting way up high the first time and thought that maybe I'd enjoy it more if I could get an orchestra seat. Eighth row center still didn't make me like it any better.)

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2005, 07:53:43 AM »

Away from strictly Broadway productions, I think the play I've seen the most is Macbeth.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2005, 07:55:13 AM »

The musical I've seen the most overall is a much tougher question. It might be FIDDLER ON THE ROOF. I've seen six or seven productions of it from national tours to community theater to Broadway. I've seen enough of it that I will never see another production of it again.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2005, 07:59:10 AM »

For several years in the 1990s after the breakup of my eight year relationship, I volunteered at a local community theater. If I didn't get cast in a show, I would work it - either running sound or spotlight, ushering, etc.

The play I saw the most while running sound was DEATHTRAP, a four week run.

The musical I saw the most running sound for was CABARET.

The musical I saw the most running spotlight was BUBBLING BROWN SUGAR (in my opinion, a pretty lousy show).

The play I saw the most while ushering was WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2005, 08:02:20 AM »

More heat, more humidity. Going to be in the low 90s today. Not happy about that. Those lovely cool, rainy July days are already a distant memory.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2005, 08:03:03 AM »

A reminder DR George and others who like it:

A new episode of RENO 911! tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2005, 08:04:16 AM »

I have about three more MARY TYLER MOORE episodes and then I flip the third disc and watch the special features.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2005, 08:05:14 AM »

Since THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY and THE THIN MAN COLLECTION won't arrive until tomorrow, I'll need to find some other movie to occupy myself with today. Maybe I'll finally get to THE RAINMAKER today.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2005, 08:07:45 AM »

Oh, forgot about home video. I would imagine THE WIZARD OF OZ is the movie I've watched the most. Dozens of times in all of its incarnations on videotape, laserdisc, and DVD plus all those years watching the annual TV broadcasts.

I also saw it twice in theaters, once on a double feature with a Martin and Lewis movie as a very young kid. I think the M&L picture was PARDNERS.

vixmom

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2005, 08:25:44 AM »

I'm off to work, too.  Thanks for the thoughts, DR vixmom.  It's very good to have you back.

Thank you.  It's good to be back,  I missed you guys!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2005, 08:40:19 AM »

I've got some chores around the house to do before starting to cook lunch. Will be back later.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2005, 08:41:34 AM »

DR GINNY - Greencastle is about one hour's drive west of Indy.  And while I can't quite recommend the production YET - I am hoping I can by the end of the week.

If you like a community theatre style production with LOTS of young people rather than adults....and want to see a barn that's been converted into a theatre (without air conditioning) let me know and I will reserve your tickets.  They are a whopping $8 each.  And I am pretty sure it will be worth about that! :)

Oh REWIND is not a book to be categorized.  Ok.  got it!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2005, 08:42:26 AM »

Very hot here again today....again....  Temperatures in the 90's!  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2005, 08:43:28 AM »

DR JMK sends regards from the road where he has limited INTERNET ACCESS.

He tells DRs JANE & CILLALIZ that he will call them today or tomorrow.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2005, 08:43:41 AM »

Vixmom 8/1  

TCB 8/1 My deepest apologies, I thought that the fact there was a death in the book was a well known fact and I had hoped that my comment was vague enough to not ruin anything for anyone... I hate things being spoiled so I truly am sorry . :-[

Happily, I missed the first reference.

Sadly, I read it here today.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 08:52:15 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2005, 08:46:57 AM »

Am a tad under the weather today, allergy wise!

It's blissfully cool this morning, although the fog took its sweet time rolling in last night.  My condo was quite warm at bedtime, but things cooled down considerably around 3 a.m.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2005, 08:49:44 AM »

A reminder DR George and others who like it:

A new episode of RENO 911! tonight.

Thanks for the reminder!!  Someday I'll get into the habit of watching it on Tuesdays! ::)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 08:51:00 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2005, 08:53:02 AM »

Did you ever have the feeling that you wanted to go?
But you also had the feeling that you wanted to stay?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2005, 08:53:17 AM »

Go!
Stay!

Go!
Stay!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2005, 08:53:30 AM »

Where's Jimmy Durante when you need a fix?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2005, 08:56:48 AM »

Miss Vickie sends greetings to DRs Jane and Laura and TomovOz and François, and anyone else.

She's not as spry as she was a month or two back.  Her rear assemblage is stiffening on her and she has a bit of a wobble.

She's a very old lady.  The vet and I are modifying her meds, adding Vitamin D, and I'm back to administering daily saline.

She has a very strong love of life, and I'm certain she'll stick around until she has no choice in the matter.

vixmom

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2005, 09:00:15 AM »

Happily, I missed the first reference.

Sadly, I read it here today.

damn me... damn me to hell....

In the words of Ralph Kramden... "I'm a blabbermouth"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2005, 09:02:11 AM »

I'd have to add West Side Story and Who's Afraid of Virginial Woolf to films I saw many, many times at theaters (I worked as an usher during the run of VW at the Pantages - saw it two or three times a day for three weeks).

Jason

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2005, 09:03:03 AM »

I have an appointment with my very cute Physician's Assistant this afternoon. I've had a strange, sharp pain in my lower-right rib section for four or five days now, and it sort of kept me awake last night, so I'm having it checked out. I'm also going to ask him for some decongestants to see if I can lick this cold once and for all. I've got insurance, so why not...right?

The results of my sleep study should be available this afternoon, so I should be able to order my CPAP machine by the end of the week, I hope. I have an appointment with THAT doctor on September 10 to see how the machine is working out for me. I'm not even 30 yet - I'm seeing an awful lot of doctors for someone my age. I'm turning into my grandmother!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2005, 09:03:43 AM »

I used to keep track of how many times I saw movies in theaters, but it has been YEARS...YEARS....since I last thought about that.

I know I saw "E.T." six times in a theater.

I saw "The Sound of Music" nine times.

I saw "Star Wars" five times.

When I was a high school senior, I ushered in a local cinema, and I saw bits and pieces of films many times over the course of a run.  I probably saw "What's New, Pussycat" nine or ten times, in pieces, over two weeks.

Ditto "The Yellow Rolls-Royce"!

On video...gosh!  I've watched "Field of Dreams" at least nine times.  And there have been multiple viewings of many films on VHS and DVD...the Astaire-Rogers films had at least four "home festivals" when I was living in Italy when I would spend a weekend watching them.  Ditto the first three "Lethal Weapons," the first four "Rocky" films, and the MGM musicals.

Of contemporary films, I've watched "Signs" about four times.  The LOTR films have all had a minimum two viewings in their extended forms.  The Harry Potter films have all been watched many times each.  I saw the LOTR and Harry Potter films in a theater, as well.

I'm now on a Woody Allen kick.  I've recently watched "Manhattan" and "The Purple Rose of Cairo", probably for the fifth or sixth time.  "Hannah and Her Sisters" is my favorite Allen film...I've seen it numerous times.  I saw it three times in a second-run theater, and I've watched it five or six times on VHS and once on DVD.

Another favorite is "Out of Africa."  I never saw it in a theater (I was on a deployment in the Western Pacific when this film was released and played theaters), but I've probably watched the film on home video 8 or 9 times.

We likes what we likes....!

:D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 09:08:39 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2005, 09:06:23 AM »

damn me... damn me to hell....

In the words of Ralph Kramden... "I'm a blabbermouth"

Don't say anything drastic as that.  Goodness, it's not the end of anyone's world.

Next time you have a spare wet noodle, thrash yourself with it and there's an end to it!

:D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up