Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: OUT OF CZECHS  (Read 34554 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:OUT OF CZECHS
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2005, 09:10:33 AM »

Ooh-ooh!  I know I saw "To Kill A Mockingbird" three times during its first theater run.  Since home video arrived, I've watched this film many times...as many as 25-30, I'm sure.

Heck!  It's probably the champ for me!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2005, 09:11:15 AM »

What a swell-egant  transition to page 3!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2005, 09:13:15 AM »

Jason:  I heard some radio show Saturday on which a guy was talking about CPAP.  He was discussion why folks have sleep apnea, what the various treatments are, how some can be simple and others can be radical.

He was very high on CPAP...and I'm curious about it now.

How "expensive" is it? And do you have medical insurance that covers it?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2005, 09:15:14 AM »

BB-6:  This week has been very drawn out since Crappy left the house.

It seems it's Kaysar who has been targeted for eviction, although Beau has confessed to Ivette that he likes Kaysar and trusts him.

If Beau's vote were to be in favor of Kaysar, and if his alliance from last week stayed loyal to him, Maggie, April and Ivette would be extremely pissed.  And the game would once again be "afoot."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 10:00:32 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2005, 09:23:01 AM »

Should we put spoilers for the Big Brother stuff that has not aired yet?

What I'm asking is is there anyone here who minds?  Cause i'd like to talk about what is happening on the live feeds too.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2005, 09:28:21 AM »

TCB 8/1 My deepest apologies, I thought that the fact there was a death in the book was a well known fact and I had hoped that my comment was vague enough to not ruin anything for anyone... I hate things being spoiled so I truly am sorry . :-[
Vixmom: since Rawling herself had commented on the death prior to the book's release, I can't help feeling that such information isn't really a "spoiler."  On the other hand, since the identity of the character was not revealed by Rawling, keeping that information from those who have not read the book is, indeed, fair.  You didn't reveal any more information in your post than Rawling herself did earlier.  You were playing fair.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2005, 09:35:44 AM »

Vixmom: since Rawling herself had commented on the death prior to the book's release, I can't help feeling that such information isn't really a "spoiler."  On the other hand, since the identity of the character was not revealed by Rawling, keeping that information from those who have not read the book is, indeed, fair.  You didn't reveal any more information in your post than Rawling herself did earlier.  You were playing fair.

Thank you.  I still feel badly about those that were studiously avoiding all press reports etc tho'.....

It costs nothingto put the "spoiler alert" in and I'll do better next time.... I hope!

Hows the job going?  By the by,  I was thinking fondly of your cooking stories while at my MIL's house... she's British and well, let's just say the stories about the culinary skills of the British are fully realized in her kitchen
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2005, 09:37:34 AM »

TOD
...Pirates of Penzance I saw the original Broadway cast  on Broadway and I have the video of the movie version with the same cast which I have seen at least 20 times...
Did you know that a tape of the show was made while PoP was still at the Delacourt?  It's not of very good quality, but it does preserve the fun of the piece.  It was released by Kultur as part of their Broadway Theater Archive series.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 09:39:38 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jason

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2005, 09:38:21 AM »

Jason:  I heard some radio show Saturday on which a guy was talking about CPAP.  He was discussion why folks have sleep apnea, what the various treatments are, how some can be simple and others can be radical.

He was very high on CPAP...and I'm curious about it now.

How "expensive" is it? And do you have medical insurance that covers it?

I do, indeed, have insurance and they'll cover half of the expense of the machine and mask. The machine itself (which weighs less than two pounds and is smaller than a shoebox) will cost roughly $350 (full price) and the mask will cost another $40-$65. CPAPs can run as high as $700-$800 and the fancier masks can cost upwards of $150.  I'll have to use it the rest of my life, but if it will help me feel rested and alert and keep me breathing at night, I'm all for it.

It really is amazing what a difference it made just the one night that I used it in my sleep study. The doc told me I'm at least 5-6 years sleep deprived, so to think I might actually get real sleep for once is a very promising, very exciting prospect.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 09:39:36 AM by Jason »

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2005, 09:45:54 AM »

Did you know that a tape of the show was made while PoP was still at the Delacourt?  It's not of very good quality, but it does preserve the fun of the piece.  It was released by Kultur as part of their Broadway Theater Archive series.

I actually just picked this up on DVD about a month ago and yes that's been watched three times already

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2005, 09:52:41 AM »

Spoiler:

BB6...

thanks for the gentle reminder, DR Jennifer!

I totally forgot that what happened Saturday and yesterday  hasn't even been shown yet on network TV.

They delay these things so long...

Do you feel the show is becoming boring, despite the personalities?  

Everything is always the same.  Why a "nomination ceremony"?  Why not just tell the nominees who they are and be done with it?

And could some of those competitions be any more lame?

I think the public ought to be able to participate to some degree.

Perhaps the public should vote on which nominee gets evicted.

Or perhaps, if CBS decides to bring a player back, the public ought to be given the opportunity to choose which player.

It needs some mixing up.  Hopefully, this Thursday's "twist" will be something worthy of the theme "a summer of surprises"!  

vixmom

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2005, 09:52:54 AM »

I do, indeed, have insurance and they'll cover half of the expense of the machine and mask. The machine itself (which weighs less than two pounds and is smaller than a shoebox) will cost roughly $350 (full price) and the mask will cost another $40-$65. CPAPs can run as high as $700-$800 and the fancier masks can cost upwards of $150.  I'll have to use it the rest of my life, but if it will help me feel rested and alert and keep me breathing at night, I'm all for it.

It really is amazing what a difference it made just the one night that I used it in my sleep study. The doc told me I'm at least 5-6 years sleep deprived, so to think I might actually get real sleep for once is a very promising, very exciting prospect.

How did your sleep study work?  I am absolutly sure that my Mr. has sleep apeana... he of course poo poos my concerns... what do I know, I've only been sharing a bed with him for 18 years.....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »

Hows the job going?  By the by,  I was thinking fondly of your cooking stories while at my MIL's house... she's British and well, let's just say the stories about the culinary skills of the British are fully realized in her kitchen

The job is going very well.  I'm usually getting 30 hours a week, which is good for part time.  The key, I've found, is to focus on the customer I'm with, and not on the customer who just left.

As for the cooking, I've got the Duck Follies to worry about over the next week.  I should have a posting on that soon.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2005, 09:53:37 AM »

Does everyone here know that in the movie "Titanic," the ship breaks apart and sinks?

:D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2005, 09:54:36 AM »

Yeah, it hits an iceberg.

Very sad.

And it's based on fact, too.

Imagine....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 09:54:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2005, 09:55:48 AM »

What does the machine do?  And how big is the mask?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2005, 09:56:35 AM »

I just had a garlic bagel with cream cheese...and it was so-o-o-o-o-o-o good I can hardly stand it.

Sigh.

The simple pleasures.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2005, 09:56:38 AM »

Spoiler:

BB6...

thanks for the gentle reminder, DR Jennifer!

I totally forgot that what happened Saturday and yesterday  hasn't even been shown yet on network TV.

You couldn't tell my tone, but i was being serious.

Does everyone here read the spoilers or should we be careful before discussing what has not aired?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2005, 09:58:56 AM »

Did MBarnum get back home all right last night?

Did anyone in the L.A. area see him during his stay there?

Mike:  Are we going to get a full report when you've settled back in?

Let us know who, what when and where, if you don't mind.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2005, 10:00:43 AM »

TOD:

Theater:
Les Miz three times: once in London (top of the nosebleed section), twice in LA during it's run at the Shubert.

Ragtime also three times: once during the LA previews, once on opening night (front row) and once late in the run from the balcony, with a changed cast.

Noises Off five or six times: once in a production with Kathleen Grayson, the other times with ACT in Long Beach, as der B was on the board of directors and took other couples to see the show.

FILMS:
I'm only going to count those films that I paid to see in theaters.

The Three Musketeers, a la Richard Lester.
The Return of the Pink Panther
The Spy Who Loved Me
Star Wars.

(Yeah, I could include Exorcist II: The Heretic, since it played at the Alex Theater in Glendale while I was working there, but that doesn't mean I wanted to see it!   ::))

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2005, 10:01:54 AM »

Does everyone here know that in the movie "Titanic," the ship breaks apart and sinks?

LOL from both der B and myself!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2005, 10:02:08 AM »

You couldn't tell my tone, but i was being serious.

Does everyone here read the spoilers or should we be careful before discussing what has not aired?

I didn't take your post lightly.

I don't know that anyone here other than MBarnum, you and I watch BB6 with any degree of regularity.  

But we have lurkers who seldom post.  

I think we should always post "BB6 LIVE FEED SPOILERS" and then just talk about the feeds if we want.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2005, 10:02:39 AM »

We are a lovely bunch of coconuts.

I never heard back from MBarnum, so I'm presuming he didn't have access to a computer.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2005, 10:03:10 AM »

Discussion of Big Brother 6

Do you feel the show is becoming boring, despite the personalities?  

Everything is always the same.  Why a "nomination ceremony"?  Why not just tell the nominees who they are and be done with it?

And could some of those competitions be any more lame?

I think the public ought to be able to participate to some degree.

Perhaps the public should vote on which nominee gets evicted.

Or perhaps, if CBS decides to bring a player back, the public ought to be given the opportunity to choose which player.

It needs some mixing up.  Hopefully, this Thursday's "twist" will be something worthy of the theme "a summer of surprises"!  

Yes i am bored.  The show got really good the week kaysar became HOH.  But since Maggie has become HOH it's gone downhill.  It's predictable the way things switch back and forth.  And it's not entertaining when your "team" starts losing.

I wonder what the twist will be.  For those who don't know what we are talking about click on this link:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/TV_Shows/B/BigBrother6/2005/08/02/1155923.html

DR RonP, do you remember in year one, when the audience voted people out.  I definitely like it better this way.  But i hope they let the audience do something important.

And reading about BB UK, I wish the producers would screw around the players more like they do there.

Btw, considering james manages to find ways to save himself.  And considering he also manages to get in and out of alliances time and time again, I wish kaysar could do the same!

Jason

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2005, 10:03:56 AM »

How did your sleep study work?  I am absolutly sure that my Mr. has sleep apeana... he of course poo poos my concerns... what do I know, I've only been sharing a bed with him for 18 years.....

I told my doctor that I was tired all the time. Cranky. Irritable. A little slower on the uptake than I used to be. I gained weight. I snored - LOUDLY. I had tension headaches in the morning. I woke up with a dry mouth and sore throat. And then there was that little thing about stopping breathing. I thought I was going crazy because no one believed that I wasn't sleeping well. Even if I "slept" 10 or 12 hours, I'd wake up feeling like I hadn't slept at all.

My GP referred me to the Center for Sleep Medicine at Cornell-Weill Medical Center and they set up a sleep study for me. I went in and they hooked me up to a bunch of wires and observed me overnight. A few days later, they contacted me to let me know that I had sleep apnea and needed to consult with a neurologist in the Sleep Center. After a brief rundown of my medical, psychological and sleep history, he suggested I try the CPAP machine to relieve the symptoms of my apnea.

My sleep study on Thursday was essentially to figure out what pressure they needed to use to keep my air passages open so they can set the pressure on my machine before I get it. They hooked me up again to all the wires and also hooked me up to the CPAP and observed me overnight.

The first sleep study I did indicated that I woke up 28 times over the course of 4 1/2 hours with periods of loud snoring and a severe drop in my blood oxygen level.

Thursday's sleep study with the CPAP was snore-free, my blood oxygen level was perfect and I don't think I woke up once. CPAP is brilliant.

If this thing works for me, I will forever be indebted to the people at the Center for Sleep Medicine. Honestly, I'm giddy with anticipation - I can't wait to get going on this machine!

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2005, 10:06:42 AM »

I didn't take your post lightly.

I don't know that anyone here other than MBarnum, you and I watch BB6 with any degree of regularity.  

But we have lurkers who seldom post.  

I think we should always post "BB6 LIVE FEED SPOILERS" and then just talk about the feeds if we want.

I meant i wasn't gently reminding you. I was simply asking if anyone cares.

But that is true. We don't know who lurks here. So i guess it is considerate to put the BB6 live feed spoiler warning.

I know DR Stuart watches. As does DR Cillaliz.  And doesn't DR Ginny.  What about the Dans?  There must be more.

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2005, 10:11:14 AM »

AAUUUUUUGH!!   I was just about to watch this too....

alright.. well its Gone with the Wind instead... and don't you dare tell me which side wins!! ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2005, 10:11:44 AM »

I'm baaaack!

What a thrilling trip I had!!! I have so much to post about but I am still without computer at home  :-\

I am at the library at the moment and I have 55 minutes remaining on this computer!

I came back with many new pieces of movie memorabilia (mostly photos for my upcoming magazine interviews), new friends (I met some of the most wonderful people down their), and even some new music!!

In fact I now am the proud owner of the latest hit cd by Mr. Guy Haines...and it was personally hand-delivered by BK himself!!

Ok, I will now post of a few of my adventures in Los Angeles!

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2005, 10:14:35 AM »

BB-6:  This week has been very drawn out since Crappy left the house.

It seems it's Kaysar who has been targeted for eviction, although Beau has confessed to Ivette that he likes Kaysar and trusts him.

If Beau's vote were to be in favor of Kaysar, and if his alliance from last week stayed loyal to him, Maggie, April and Ivette would be extremely pissed.  And the game would once again be "afoot."

Veto competiton and use of veto spoiler

The first time I watched after Janelle was put up in place of James. Kasar asked Janelle if she would take the hit for him so he could stay.  She wanted to know what was in it for her, if it would be like his agreement with Michael. Not sure what that meant. I don't think she'd do it though.

I don't think there is any doubt that Kaysar is going.  He told Maggie she should put one of her people up after the Veto was used. That really made everyone in the Crappy camp mad. They have all agreed in no uncertain terms that he's out.  I would be in total shock if the voted out Janelle instead.

I was very disgusted when I heard Ivette say she sat by Kaysar when he said his prayers and rattled her bracelets just to irritate him and interrupt him. She's got to go.

Kaysar and Janelle now know that James and Sara have been playing both sides and lying to them like crazy. Interesting.

Ben

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2005, 10:15:59 AM »

I saw West Side Story so many times I can't remember. It was one of the first musicals I saw in a theatre. I had seen many of the MGM greats on television but WSS was magical to me. Those opening dance moves and the finger snapping just hit me like nothing else I had seen. I wanted to be a Jet when I grew up and I also developed a huge crush on Eliot Feld who played Baby John.

I also saw Airplane many times when it first came out. I know I've seen The Boys in The Band (the film) many times. Cabaret, New York New York and Annie Hall are also repeats.

During the initial run of La Cage, I think, the League of Theatre Producers (or whatever it's called) was doing an audience survey and they needed people to hand out and collect the paper. I volunteered many times and saw La Cage probably 10 times over a month. I don't see much repeat theatre only because of the expense. I usually am able to see things via TDF discounts but enough of those tickets and you're spending a lot a money. If tickets were cheaper I would absolutely see some shows again. I guess I'm not as well connected as Mr. Bratton (AKA Jason)  ;) I do get free tickets sometimes but not as often as I would like.

Due to Anthony's performance in Forum in Virginia and in Rhode Island I have seen that show MANY times. I've also seen Gypsy repeatedly (again, Anthony was in a production up in Rhode Island after doing Forum). I know there are others but I can't think of them at this moment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up