Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: EARS OF CORN  (Read 27340 times)

Cillaliz

Re:EARS OF CORN
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2005, 08:04:58 PM »

Oh Look Page 9

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2005, 08:06:35 PM »

Yep, it will be my first visit to New York! In fact I have never been any further east then Bend, Oregon! LOL!

Mike, will you be staying with elmore, or are you planning on seeing the sites?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2005, 08:08:18 PM »

Cillaliz, Keith and I love the bat story, especially the description of your cats.  

Bryan became rather adept at catching them while he lived in Ann Arbor.  They would fly through the entrance of a large apartment complex he lived in.

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2005, 08:10:16 PM »

Cillaliz, Keith and I love the bat story, especially the description of your cats.  

Bryan became rather adept at catching them while he lived in Ann Arbor.  They would fly through the entrance of a large apartment complex he lived in.

Thanks Jane,
The cats were really funny when I let them back up, they were slinking around looking up. It took them a while to be sure the bat was gone.

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2005, 08:20:45 PM »

It's very hot here today. Luckily we're supposed to have thunderstorms.

Callie is still looking for the bat. She looks at the ceiling, then looks at me, then back at the ceiling.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2005, 08:22:30 PM »

Yes, the one word posts are kind of irritating, but one does what one must do.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2005, 08:26:18 PM »

I finally got around to ANOTHER THIN MAN tonight. It's my favorite of THE THIN MAN films, and so I started with it . (Well, actually, I saw the original THE THIN MAN when it was first issued on DVD, and as I understand it, this is the exact DVD as before only in a keeper case rather than a snapper case.)

Contrast and sharpness were much superior to the version TCM has been showing (and which I made a copy of some months ago). There were some damaged places (two really significant ones), and one really bothersome scratch down the middle of the picture that lasted longer than I'd have liked under ideal conditions. Still, it's great to have an "official" copy.

I will probably go back and watch the others in order now starting with #2, AFTER THE THIN MAN.

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2005, 08:28:07 PM »

Saw the episode of VERONICA MARS that CBS showed last Friday. Very entertaining little mystery. Love Veronica's father and I wish he was more a part of the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2005, 08:28:47 PM »

We had rain starting at about 6 p.m. and continuing softly off and on for the next several hours.

Matt H.

« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2005, 08:33:45 PM »

The last show we saw on our trip was DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS. It was very entertaining with outstanding performances from all the cast, a fun stage design, and a David Yazbeck score that I honestly enjoyed more than THE FULL MONTY. I know nothing about his other composing apart from MONTY and this show, but he has REALLY shown growth as a musical theater composer. These are some marvelous songs, tuneful and perfect for each character.

No problem seeing why Norbert Leo Butz won the Best Actor Tony (and other awards) as he has that same charming rascal quality that made Robert Morse so endearing in HOW TO SUCCEED. His and John Lithgow's 11 o'clock number brought down the house, too. As with SPAMALOT and SPELLING BEE, there were standing room only folks across the back of the theater. I am SO glad these worthy, entertaining shows are drawing great crowds of people who seem to be loving the good times these folks are presenting.

One quibble. Who is responsible for that AWFUL hairstyle that Joanna Gleason wears during the show? I found it most unbecoming to her.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 08:35:55 PM by Matt H. »

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »

Well, time to wussburger and get some sleep. Perhaps I'll dream of dracula........

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2005, 08:56:42 PM »

DR Cillaliz, the next time you find a bat in your house, open one window or door and turn out all the lights.  The bat will eventually fly out.

Or another one might fly in.  

But more than likely, the one bat will fly out.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2005, 09:03:45 PM »

I Dream of Dracula--has that title been used yet?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2005, 09:13:46 PM »

Big Brother 6 -- More Spoilage:

Have been watching live feeds.  April and Jenn had a long heart-to-heart, during which they both convinced themselves they were never serious about voting out Ivette.

Later, however, after about an hour, I saw them both in the hammock and they're being ostracized from their "Disciples" group and they're both pretty pissed.

So it's REALLY tough to read whether they'll stay true to the "Disciples" or whether one (and there needs to be only one) will swing her vote to the other side.

Howie, in his infinite cluelessness, is convinced he can win Jenn's vote....the same Jenn who blabbed the "evict Ivette" plan to Maggie and who convinced Maggie to have a "group meeting" to get them bonded.

He ought to turn April....and then, if the "Outcasts" win HOH again Thursday night, they ought to put both April and Jenn up for eviction.

James and Sarah are still bitter, bitter, bitter and James is working up more bile than could be considered healthy, IMO.  He needs to get over it and to keep reminding himself that it's only a game...it's only a game...it's only a game.

Ivette...stupid, idiotic Ivette...won't settle her differences with April.  As April has predicted, Ivette can never admit she's wrong about anything.  Ivette's fate in the game may be decided by this sad character flaw.

And poor Ivette keeps saying, "When Cappy comes back into the game, he's going to..."

Sigh.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 09:15:05 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2005, 09:32:43 PM »

Well, it's very late here for me, so off I go to dreamland.

Good night.

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »

DR Cillaliz, the next time you find a bat in your house, open one window or door and turn out all the lights.  The bat will eventually fly out.

Or another one might fly in.  

But more than likely, the one bat will fly out.

We tried that for about 30 minutes, but the windows and doors are so much lower than the high ceiling where he was that we were afraid it might take all night. Since it's still over 90 degrees outside, I didn't have that much patience for leaving the house open.  We opted for capturing it without harming it and releasing it outside.

If I'm alone next time, I'll try it.  Thanks for the advice

Jed

« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2005, 10:14:17 PM »

..as I understand it, this is the exact DVD as before only in a keeper case rather than a snapper case.

Question I've often meant to ask...  Why is it called a "keeper case"?
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2005, 11:12:54 PM »

Back from the session and then dinner - must now write Ye Olde Notes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up