Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: EARS OF CORN  (Read 27346 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
EARS OF CORN
« on: August 08, 2005, 12:09:51 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were cornfed and beefy, and now it is time for you to post until the corny cows come home.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 12:03:22 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:EARS OF CORN
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 12:13:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: REPLENISH!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 12:14:08 AM »

Sad to be all alone in the world.  iPod is on and playing the soundtrack playlist.  Now playing: Jerry Goldsmith's incredibly beautiful score to Islands in the Stream.

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 12:23:29 AM »

Maryland has wonderful sweet white corn this time of year.

It tastes best when grilled on the barbecue, in the husk or in foil.

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 12:28:04 AM »

Happr Birthday DerBrucer.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 12:28:56 AM »

I NEED CORN!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 12:30:50 AM »

Newest AOL debacle (what else is new?):  They have had a system failure that causes any Word documents that you attach to e-mail, to be totally screwed up.  Isn't that lovely?  To properly send a Word doc via AOL, you must take a backdoor trip through their mail portal.  Isn't that lovely?  I really don't know why they just don't shoot the beast and put it out of its misery.

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 12:32:14 AM »

TOTD.: I have always admired Dirk Bogarde as actor and writer.  His life is well documented in his autobiographical books but I think it would be interesting to fill in the gaps through the eyes of others.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 12:35:24 AM »

More latest news re Derek. He will be in hospital most of next week - Monday to at least Friday. He has asked me to pass on his  thanks to the Hainsies whose support has been very much appreciated. The cards, bears and rabbits have certainly helped his spirits.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 12:35:58 AM »

I, of course, have written three books on the subject I most wanted to write about.  Non-fiction, however - I suppose I'd love to write a nice book about Miss Marjorie Hellen aka Miss Leslie Parrish.  

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 12:36:00 AM »

Can't sleep! I am all packed up and I packed light. I didn't even pack any dressy clothes to see shows in though I love to dress up a bit when I go, but they will not fit in my carry-on, and I really don't want to mess with checking luggage...

I may be taking a bit of a nap when I get into the city because I am sure I will be exhausted as I woke up at 9 Sunday morning. It will be a bit tricky on Monday as the money I deposited from my last paycheck won't kick into my account until Tuesday morning because I deposited it on Saturday. I have about $70 dollars to play with and I am going to probably borrow some off my parents to tide me over until it kicks in but I should be good.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:38:05 AM by Joey »
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 12:37:03 AM »

MANY HAPPY RETURNS ON YOUR BIRTHDAY DER BRUCER!!!!!!! ;D
There is no music without silence, only noise...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 12:44:29 AM »

I shan't toddle off to the bedroom environment before one.  Otherwise, I'll just lay there like so much fish - I've been trying to just get to the point where I'm SO tired that I just fall asleep.  I usually do this by dancing the Lambada (The Forbidden Dance).

And now - Dino at the piano.

Perhaps I'd like to write a book about Miss Kathryn Kuhlman.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 12:45:10 AM »

Now Playing: Jerry Goldsmith's delicious love music from The Prize.  And where is THAT film on DVD?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 12:45:54 AM »

Happy B'Day, Der Brucer!

Being a writer of fiction (albeit mostly cinematic fiction), I am not in the habit of talking about my subject matter for any fictional attempts either films or tomes, I intend to write.  It is the first code of the writer...never talk about your ideas.  Keep 'em to yourself.

BK, one of the reasons WITNESS was such a good movie  was that it had a very classy producer, David Bombyk, who was working with Ed Feldman.  David was the room-mate (though not lover) of my one-time manager, Kip Ohman. Sadly, both Kip and David were early casualties of Aids, both dying of it in the late eighties.  

I don't know if you've ever seen the French poster of THE WRECK OF THE MARY DEARE, with Chuck Heston & Gary Cooper grappling, in my diining-room...but it was David's poster. I also have several of his film and design books. He was one of those rare gentlemen in the business and a smart producer with taste.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 12:51:57 AM »

Yes, I never discuss my fiction ideas with anyone but little old me and maybe my muse Margaret, or maybe one of the Inner Circle of friends I trust.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 02:19:12 AM »

Good morning DR Elmore. DR OzDerek sends you special greetings and thanks. (I think he will be asleep by now!)
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 02:41:47 AM »

Good morning, all!  Well, I slept late this morning:  4:50 am.  I will be so glad when this project ends and I can go back to a normal schedule, in which I sleep between 11 pm and 6:30 am.

So, what news on the Rialto?  I have a houseguest this week, and I look forward to it.  I'm almost finished with the GOLDEN APPLE:  horns this morning, trumpets this afternon and tomorrow.  My noble detective and wonderful colleague Tom Murray has departed for Chicago to do ANYONE CAN WHISTLE at the Ravinia Festival; we have a few more pieces on BABES IN TOYLAND to finish, and the edition will be ready.  That's a smooth segue to the TOD:

Like Stella Gibbons' Flora Poste, I'd love to write a novel as good as PERSUASION by Miss Jane Austen, but I don't think I have the skills.  I have been thinking about writing a book on the creation of the 1903 BABES IN TOYLAND and its 102 years in the American media.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 03:17:30 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 02:43:43 AM »

Good morning DR Elmore. DR OzDerek sends you special greetings and thanks. (I think he will be asleep by now!)

Good morning, DRTomovoz!   You are my Polaris, right there in the mornings when this acolyte checks out all the latest hot dish and info!  Would you PM me an address for DR Ozderek?  I want to send him a card as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 03:54:50 AM »

A quick Good Morning and a very Happy Birthday to DerBrucer!

I had a lovely nights sleep but I also had some very bad dreams.  I don’t know what put some of that stuff into my mind.  

Just heard that Peter Jennings has passed away.  I’m not sure what to say.  It’s sad that he passed away only 4 months but that could be a blessing.  They gave my Dad six months but he lived 3 years with the cancer.  To this day I’m not 100% sure if those extra years were a blessing or a curse to him.  If you could have seen him before and the after.  

I’m hoping that all goes well for DR OzDerick.

Gotta run for the bus!

Have a good day all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2005, 04:05:36 AM »

Happy Birthday to you, DerBrucer!
Hope you have a beautiful birthday with DR SWW and with DLDs.(Dear Lovely Dogs)!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2005, 04:16:50 AM »

DR George's post from Yesterday;
My pleasure, Hisaka.  Did you (or anyone else, for that matter) notice that you became a HHW God 16 posts (and four days) ago??
WELCOME TO THE HHW HEAVEANS!!

Thank you, DR George!
I didn’t notice it(!), since I’ve just been posting with rapt attention with my e-dictionary(can’t post without it). I’d like to say "THANK YOU" to EVERY BEAUTIFUL DEAR READER and  BEAUTIFULLY BEAUTIFUL DEAR BK for accepting me and for enduring my strange English with your sweetest hearts. :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2005, 04:34:15 AM »

You are very welcome DR Hisaka.. Your English is far far better than our Japanese.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2005, 04:34:50 AM »

Good morning Michael.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2005, 04:42:39 AM »

Has Johnny Mathis gone home yet DR Ben?
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2005, 04:43:25 AM »

And a good morning to Tom
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2005, 04:44:30 AM »

Just in case people might have missed the posting from last night.....Peter Jennings passed away.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 04:49:23 AM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2005, 04:46:44 AM »

BK:

Now I might have missed it, but didn't you say that you were going to announce what the cast album you were recording was

or is the Kevin Spirtas single the one you were talking about?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2005, 04:48:34 AM »

And belated wishes to Ben & Anthony.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2005, 04:49:52 AM »

And a good morning to Larry
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up