Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WE LOVE YOU, MISS HANNIGAN  (Read 33340 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re:WE LOVE YOU, MISS HANNIGAN
« Reply #300 on: November 16, 2003, 09:26:24 PM »

RON-Congratulations!! If BK will not name you as the winner of the write-alike Bruce Kimmel then in my infinite wisdom and as a lowly Junior Member will name you as the WINNER of the contest!

Question- What comes after GOD?

td

• td
« Reply #301 on: November 16, 2003, 09:30:29 PM »

Friday evening there was an unexpected phone call...from an improv troupe that's not employed my services since the mid-nineties!  I figured they must have been really desparate to have remembered my name.  They obviously have a long list of people they call, and, with short notice, everyone above me on that list had said no.

Noel! I, too, received a call TODAY from an improvisational comedy troup! HOw curious and how bizarre. . .do you think we can pass these phone calls along?

Anyway, these guys are starting a new theater company, and had heard about me from the owner of RedFin Blues (the restaurant which I've posted about previously) who has seen my cabarets as well as having been a key reader for me at various times; well, they would like me to advise and perform for them!
Of course, I told them that I would indeed help them in any way possible.

One of our DRs will be pleasantly surprised to find that the new theater is mere blocks away from where Miss Evelyn Nesbitt grew up. . .maybe I should suggest that the theater do RAGTIME. . .

Anyway, their website is up, but not quite together yet. . .
www.thevaulttheater.com
there is at least a great picture of an historic landmarked building which will house the theater.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2003, 09:31:48 PM »

Could Craig have had dinner with a resident of New Jersey by chance?  Or, did he have dinner with the world's most handsome man?

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2003, 09:40:00 PM »

I had dessert with a HHW "Celebrity" - think people, think -- it's simpler than you think. Easy as 1-2-3 (oh, a sondheim reference)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2003, 09:40:33 PM »

I believe I know who Craig had dinner with, and it is neither a resident of New Jersey or the world's most handsome man, although the dinner person might take exception to that.

Meanwhile, may I just say, holy moley on rye?  Not only have we passed 300 posts, we've just passed 6,000 posts since we opened this board.  Amazingly amazing.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2003, 09:43:22 PM »

BK - I am most confident YOU know who I had DESSERT with. I did not have dinner with this person. Although what I had for dessert was enough for dinner. It was a HUUUUUUGE "tootsie roll rice krispie treat"

Jason

« Reply #306 on: November 16, 2003, 09:45:59 PM »

I know who it was.

I went to see ELF tonight. It was a cute movie for about an hour, and then Will Farrell just got to be too much for me. But I met some very nice people (a friend of mine has started a weekly movie-going group, and we have had new people both weeks so far). Anyway, back to dinner...

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #307 on: November 16, 2003, 09:48:40 PM »

Dear Readers--

I have been very, very, very (that is three verys) errant and truant this weekend, I have.  I had to go thither and yon and even yon and thither this weekend, while all of you hainsies and kimlets posted away for my mental delectation.  I just had a bagel.  Isn' t that too too?  I am just jiggy with all the posts this weekend.  Weekends are usually slow around these parts, but not this weekend, oh no.  Did you realize that oh no backwards is on ho?  Is that anything like Don Ho?  Or ho ho ho?  (That is three hos, and I am not talking about the del Rubio triplets putting their luve up for sale.)  Did anyone notice that I typed luve and not love?  What the world needs now is luve, luve, luve.  (That is three luves.)  What the hell am I  talking about?  Has anyone noticed that this is a very long paragraph?  Mr. Bark Makalor abhors (again with the hos and hors) long paragraphs.

Whew, that was a long paragraph, wasn't it, Dear Readers?  In any case, I must do things I must do, and attend to various sundry and moonwet tasks.  Post away, my pretties, and I'll be checking in frequently to see your cherce thoughts and comments.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 09:51:04 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »

Jason-

You KNOW who it is ONLY because I told you LOL

François

« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2003, 10:00:18 PM »

Very good, Jay, very good!

Actually, you sounded like BK when he has had too much diet coke! :D

Craig,

Were you with the one and only Guy Haines tonight?

François

« Reply #310 on: November 16, 2003, 10:05:33 PM »

Oh oh!

That man from Oz is baaaack!!

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #311 on: November 16, 2003, 10:06:15 PM »

Nope.... it wasn't Guy Haines, Francois - but so far, you have guessed the "closest"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 10:10:06 PM by Craig »

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #312 on: November 16, 2003, 10:11:00 PM »

Dear Readers--

Needless to say, that last post was my entry in the "Write Like BK" contest going on in these here parts.

Dear BK--Lovely tribute to Miss Loudon.  I always enjoy hearing stories about major stars who allow their humanity to guide them in the way the live and the way they work.  Your behind the scenes stories were wonderfully informative about the recording process as well as what kind of person Miss Loudon was.  We will miss her.

Dear BK again--So Linda Hart was a schoolmate of yours?  I saw a production of Light Up the Sky at the Pasadena Playhouse a few years ago in which Miss Hart was featured, and she stole every scene in which she appeared.

Dear Reader Ron Your Excellency Ron Your Emminence Ron Your Holiness Ron So What the @#$% Are We Supposed to Call You Now Ron--I am not worthy.

Dear Readers--I saw a production of La Cage Aux Folles last night in Long Beach, mounted by Musical Theatre West.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't spectacular, either.  David Engel was excellent as Albin.  He has a great voice and looked great, in or out of drag.  Norman Large was good as Georges.  Les Cagelles were OK.  My recollection of when I first saw the show (national tour at the Pantages Theatre, over 15 years ago) was that the Cagelles were absolutely thrilling.  Over those 15 years, I also had forgotten how thin the book to the show is.  Still, there are some marvelous gems in the score (what an Act I curtain!)  So what song was going through my head when I woke up this morning?  "Ann on My Arm."  Yecch!  (With all due respect to Dear Reader Ann, of course.)

Last Thursday night, I saw The Lisbon Traviata for the first time in a small production at a Hollywood acting company.  Being the opera queen I am, I adored the first act.  For those of you who have seen the play, you don't need me to tell you that the tone of the second act is very different from that of the first.  On the whole, the play was well done.

Today, I saw Madama Butterfly at Opera Pacific in Orange County.  This was a very innovative production, and although tradition was ignored in the staging in some significant ways, the staging worked well with the music and enhanced the experience, challenging the notion that a warhorse is a warhorse is a warhorse.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 10:17:25 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

François

« Reply #313 on: November 16, 2003, 10:11:59 PM »

Craig,

Then it HAS to be Mr K. himself, no?

td

• td
« Reply #314 on: November 16, 2003, 10:13:22 PM »

Well, that man from Oz might find out who had dessert with whom before I do. . .It's time for this young soul to hit the hay. . .listen to Nancy LaMott singing, "Hit the Road to Dreamland," after going on a Johnny Mercer binge following the viewing of MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL. . .

Emily

« Reply #315 on: November 16, 2003, 10:18:05 PM »

Craig, did Mr. Beekay himself fly in to NY to eat dessert with you? :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Tomovoz

« Reply #316 on: November 16, 2003, 10:31:15 PM »

Yes he is back but it has taken me 25 minutes to read through all the posts I have missed. Many thanks for those who have made smile so much along the way. Especially the wicked! I have been out partaking of Orange cake with friends. TCB's comment re my choices for this evening are classic but alas he had I think retired for the night. Thanks to Ann for the "She Love Me" review. At only one school I taught at in the last 20 years were children taught to project and cope without the use of techinical assistance. Sad. To me it should have been an essential part of their training.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 10:42:05 PM by Tom from OZ »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #317 on: November 16, 2003, 10:35:10 PM »

td. And you got hear Mr Spacey sing on the Mercer sountrack of the show no doubt. Magic himself. Absolutely good and not evil.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #318 on: November 16, 2003, 10:37:24 PM »

Great BK column Jay. Your reward was not from heaven but close.
James Thurber 1957

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #319 on: November 16, 2003, 10:41:05 PM »

Beekay is definitely a celebrity, so maybe it was him after all!  Craig, are you ever going to tell us?  I'm so bad at guessing.

Andrea--I find it a bit bizarre too that I have so many karma points (though I am VERY grateful).  I think a lot of them were actually sympathy points for my recent break-up though.  

Ann--enjoyed your She Loves Me review!

Tomovoz

« Reply #320 on: November 16, 2003, 10:46:59 PM »

DR François I shall need a reminder next week for the Magnus & Fosca photo. I have just searched quickly and can only find the originals who think they should be fed NOW. It shall be done.
James Thurber 1957

François

« Reply #321 on: November 16, 2003, 10:47:49 PM »

Karma, Maya?

Karma? Yah!

Karmaya!

François

« Reply #322 on: November 16, 2003, 10:50:35 PM »

Thank you, Man from Oz!

And NOW, I'll have to wait until next thursday to know Craig's Mystery Guest!!!

This is so hitchcockian!

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #323 on: November 16, 2003, 10:54:12 PM »

Karmaya?? hahaha, François!

There's MY Bollywood name right there!

Jed

« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2003, 11:02:19 PM »

WOW!!!  Wowie-wow-wow-wow!

I leave for a few days and what do I find when I return?  Some 1450 posts in the last four days!  How will I ever catch up???

Well, better get to reading...
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2003, 11:06:53 PM »

The answer is: Donald Feltham

Tomovoz

« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2003, 11:14:14 PM »

Not only is Jed back but with a new photo. Now he is even more bearable. Thank you DR Ann and her digital camera I guess.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2003, 11:34:48 PM »

Hope this works. From the inside of the Gypsy London programme 1973
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2003, 11:37:53 PM »

Only two more days to prepare your party hats, pantaloons, cheese hunks (which I'll have to pass on--I'm lactose intolerant) and ham chunks! WOOHOO! Isn't it exciting? Isn't it too too?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 11:39:23 PM by Jason »

Tomovoz

« Reply #329 on: November 16, 2003, 11:48:50 PM »

There are no doubt worse things of which to be intolerant Jason. I hope that your pantaloons are now fully pressed etc after your day's laundry. I am of course prone to posting about anything and everything at this stage of the night.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up