Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE JAM-PACKED AND JELLY-FILLED WEEK  (Read 21800 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE JAM-PACKED AND JELLY-FILLED WEEK
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2005, 06:40:30 AM »

PAGE TWO!!

Gotta run - someone else can dance.... And then blame me for the sprained ankle.

;)

Laters...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 06:40:54 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2005, 06:55:37 AM »

Cute kitties , DR Cillaliz!
Left one is a tortoiseshell cat (not sure how to call them in English)??

The one on the left is Callie, she is a calico. The one on the right is Nilla, he is a tabby.  They both have the names they had at the shelter where I adopted them.  Since everyone thinks Nilla is a girls name, I frequently call him Mr. Nilla, he likes that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2005, 07:00:56 AM »

I love breakfast. It's my favorite meal. My "usual" is 2 eggs over easy with hash browns and wheat toast.  

Lately, Paul and I have been having out Saturday breakfasts at the organic market. The menu varies every week depending on what is fresh.  The omelets and quiche are fun, you never quite know what veges will be in them.  I especially like the Spanish Omelets. The pancakes are always covered with fresh fruit, usually picked the day before.

Yesterday the quiche had potatoes, sprouts, peppers, onions, turnips and spinach - at least that's what I think was in it. It was great.

I also had a fabulous piece of rhubarb pie with homemade whipped cream on top. It was delightful.

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2005, 07:03:14 AM »

Of course, I followed the saying, life is uncertain, eat dessert first and had the pie before the quiche.

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2005, 07:03:47 AM »

Now I'm hungry and must have a wonderful breakfast somewhere

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2005, 07:04:54 AM »

I love breakfast!! My buddy Mark and I used to go to breakfast almost every Saturday and Sunday. Now that he has a boyfriend we switched our breakfasting to Fridays around 10:30, usually going to The Original Pancake House.

My favorite breakfasts would consist of pancakes, eggs over easy, and bacon....blueberry pancakes are a favorite! Now, however, I usually get an omelet. Spinach and mushroom. And lots of coffee!

On most days, however, my breakfasts are pretty boring. Low carb cereal of some sort.

FJL

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2005, 07:07:53 AM »

Oh my, the IHOP!  There was a great one in the Georgetown Shopping Mall in Brooklyn.  When there was a long break between classes during college, several of us used to skeedaddle over to that IHOP and have their chocolate chip pancakes, or if we wanted to be healthy, their banana pancakes.  It was either that or study in the library - tough choice.

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2005, 07:37:28 AM »

Hey Elmore, looks like it is just you and me kid!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2005, 07:50:45 AM »

I love breakfast food, but I don't like it in the morning. As someone mentioned earlier in the posts, I like breakfast for dinner and often make it for that meal.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2005, 07:52:49 AM »

The Shoney's restaurants around here have a breakfast bar that you can stuff yourself on. Denny's doesn't have a bar, but they have a meat lovers' breakfast (bacon, ham, and sausage with eggs, hash browns, toast) that is so much food you can't walk out of the restaurant once you've eaten.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2005, 07:53:30 AM »

I didn't buy ISLANDS IN THE STREAM, but as I mentioned yesterday, I am really looking forward to THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY today.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2005, 07:54:43 AM »

LITTLE MISS BROADWAY has always been one of my favorite Shirley Temple movies, too. I remember that musical number in the courtroom at the end of the film where the whole thing is kind of in neon or something. Haven't seen the film in years, but I do remember liking it very much.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 07:58:08 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2005, 07:57:10 AM »

Fox dressed Shirley in ridiculously young clothes for JUST AROUND THE CORNER, too, and at one point in the film, she asks a question that someone of her age would naturally know the answer to, but perhaps a four year old wouldn't. JUST AROUND THE CORNER came out after LITTLE MISS BROADWAY, so it was just as ridiculous as bk noted in his, well, notes.

Jason

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2005, 07:58:08 AM »

Good morning - and Happy Birthday to my Mama! She's 21 years older than me today, until I catch up with her in November, at which point she will only be 20 years older. Isn't that interesting? Isn't it just too too?

My, how I do love my breakfast. I'm southern - we pride ourselves on our breakfasts, even though we tend to eat them for dinner. My dad is a wonderful cook (as is my mom [Happy Birthday, Mom!]), so he makes pancakes, fried eggs, homemade biscuits and milk gravy, cheese grits and hash browns. Oh...and sausage patties. I don't do links, so he does patties instead. And if he wants to get really fancy, he'll fry up some pork tenderloin or even chicken if he's in the mood for it. Good Lord, now I'm hungry...

DR FJL: I agree that the McGriddle is a genius invention. So tasty... And the Croissan'wich (sausage, egg & cheese) at Burger King is pretty nifty, too.

For a quickie breakfast, however, I'm always up for some Krispy Kreme doughnuts. ALWAYS.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 08:04:05 AM by Jason »

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2005, 07:59:30 AM »

For a quickie breakfast, however, I'm always up for some Krispy Kreme doughnuts. ALWAYS.

Oh, lord. That is NOT what I needed to read. Now I'm going to be starving for them all day.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2005, 08:04:04 AM »

Hey Elmore, looks like it is just you and me kid!

Actually, DRMBarnum, I had left the computer to finish copying the GOLDEN APPLE Exit Music.  Now I'm off to THE WEDDING CRASHERS.

DRJason, DRJose sent me your two songs.  Very lovely!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jason

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2005, 08:08:07 AM »

DR Elmore: Thanks. Those were both recorded at the final concert. I got a little choked up on "If I Loved You," so the pitch got a little iffy in some spots. Surprisingly, though, I'm actually able to listen to them and not cringe - too much. :)

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2005, 08:09:53 AM »

Off to put in a load of laundry. Will return later.

Jason

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2005, 08:26:07 AM »

I am remiss in not pointing out that the fantastic theatre organist on both of those tracks is our very own DR MusicGuy! He can make anyone sound good. :)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2005, 08:57:47 AM »

Greetings all.

Just caught up on yesterday's posts, and I'm quite glad that I did it from my father's computer, which is graced with a high speed connection.  It made getting through all those pics SO much easier:)  Great pics, though.

DB Jed and I spent yesterday evening with his mother and sister, chatting and doing the birthday gift thing.  I got to see oodles of pics of Jed when he was a wee spring of a twig of a lad, which I quite enjoyed.  Perhaps I'm a bit biased, but I think he was an adorable baby :)  
Today we shall be brunching with his mom and sister, along with his grandparents, which should be fun.  Then, after we've finished raiding our respective parents' laundry facilities, we'll be off home again :)

Breakfasts...I LOVE breakfasts.  I love cold cereal...I just finished a bowl of Rice Krispies, a personal favorite.  I also love oatmeal, both regular and instant varieties.  Odd though it may sound, I quite enjoy cold leftover oatmeal with some cold milk and white sugar...yummy.  
Pancakes are probably my favorite breakfast.  My friend Tiana and I used to visit IHOP fairly regularly.  My favorite breakfast there was the Pumpkin Pancakes (only available in the fall) with eggs over medium, and hashbrowns.  I'm with Jose on hashbrowns...I like them crispy around the edges.  
I love eggs in any form, scrambled or fried or boiled or whatever.  I've still never tried Eggs Benedict...probably should do that at some point.  
French toast is WONDERFUL when done right, and god awful when not.  There is no middle ground with french toast.  

okay, I'm making myself hungry!  Only two hours 'till brunch time, though...i can make it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2005, 09:02:24 AM »

I’d like to try Du-Par's pancakes for my breakfast, since dear BK often mentions it as his favorite. Is that the one you had when you were in Los Angeles last time, DR JANE?  How did you like it?

I now like to have English Muffins with melted butter and strawberry/apricot jam for my breakfast.

The pancakes are excellent but it is their boysenberry syrup I go for.  To me it is the best topping for a pancake.  Du-Pars was recently purchased (a big shock to me).  While the food was the same they now allow you to order one pancake instead of a stack-the perfect amount for me.  :)

I haven't had an English Muffin in a long time.  I like butter or Cinnamon-Plum tea jam.  I never combine the two.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2005, 09:10:15 AM »

Jose, great 8,000 post and congratulations on reaching it.  

Matt H I rarely look at my post count, and when I do I think I spend too much time at the computer.

I do wish we had the karma fairy to add to the smiley faces.  She would be nice to include or use as a variation from “good vibes”.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2005, 09:21:26 AM »

I love breakfast!! My buddy Mark and I used to go to breakfast almost every Saturday and Sunday. Now that he has a boyfriend we switched our breakfasting to Fridays around 10:30, usually going to The Original Pancake House.

Oh, the Original House of Pancakes is THE best pancake restaurant.  Since it is so fattening, we eat at the charming and fantastic Mother’s in downtown Portland.  Their lunch menu is also delicious.  Next I want to eat dinner there.

MBarnum, I’m sorry to say the photo of Koda is gone and I didn’t get to see him.  

You weren’t very far from my childhood home and even closer to Keith’s-and even closer to Penny’s.

FJL

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2005, 09:37:43 AM »

DR Jason -  Yes, I forgot about the egg in that Burger King delicacy.  But in my twenties, I was so anxious to seem cool that I would never call it a Croissan'wich, always a sausage, egg and cheese croissant.  And even when the lady would ask something like "You mean the Croissan'wich?"  I wouldn't use the word.  But today, I've grown up and don't mind using words like Croissan'wich.  I see that as a sign of growth and progress.  :)

Jane

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2005, 09:41:26 AM »

Hisaka, unfortunately I don’t have a photo, on the computer, of our Bosco.  She was a perfect example of a tortoiseshell and white cat, affectionately known as torti & white.  A tortoiseshell doesn’t have the large patches of white.  

I will post more detail & photos, if I can manage them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 09:42:15 AM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2005, 09:51:18 AM »

Calico
Separate solid blocks of color, which must include red (orange), black, and white. They also may have blocks of tabby pattern, which produces an extremely colorful and beautiful cat. Dilute calicos, have the same separate blocks of color, only the colors are "diluted," i.e. "faded" shades of the original, which gives them an ethereal appearance. A dilute calico will have pale orange or buff for the red, and gray (or "blue") for the black.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2005, 10:08:34 AM »

Tortoiseshell AKA "Tortie"
Instead of solid blocks, torties' coats weave the three colors throughout, creating a tapestry of color. "they are cloaked in the lovely colors of Fall." Tortoiseshell cats may also be dilute, with softer versions of the colors.

It should be noted that white plays a very small role in the tortoiseshell pattern - most of the color weaving is done with the red and black components.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2005, 10:20:12 AM »

And the word of the day is: IGNOBLE!
As in the Ig Noble Awards?

:D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2005, 10:24:44 AM »

A "tortie with white." has  patches of white.

I was hoping to find a prettier example and one with white on her face.

Our Bosco was so much prettier.  Craig has a cute light colored tortie and white called Kit-Kat.  

Jane

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2005, 10:30:48 AM »

It was fun looking at the different cats, until I got to the Main Coon’s and began missing my Bogie.  Still, I can’t resist sharing this beautiful cat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up