Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BROKEN RECORDS  (Read 21346 times)

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
Re:BROKEN RECORDS
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2003, 05:04:27 PM »

-The comment towards Sandra was about popcorn and Cherry Coke...It took a little longer than expected to write that post...-

Oh and I spoke to DR WFO this morning...things are not looking up for him at all, and the poor man has been so busy that HHW has been lacking his presence. It's none of my business to relay his problems, that is for him to tell. But, it would be GREATLY appreciated if we could send some extra-necessary vibes (and I mean serious thoughts and prayers) to him. We want him back here soon!
...Walk in the sunshine...

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2003, 05:04:53 PM »

Was it Maya, Mark?

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2003, 05:06:14 PM »

DR Ron wrote:
Yes, Jen, I originally put Em's name there.  I knew as soon as I hit post that I was incorrect, immediately went into modify and changed it.

But by then, Emily-the-quick, had already seen it and posted a correction.  It took me 55 seconds from the time of my first post to the time I posted the correction.  And Emily still beat me by 10 seconds.

Ah okay I get it. No problem. I hadn't seen your original post. But I read Emily's comments.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 05:08:19 PM by Jennifer »

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2003, 05:06:23 PM »

*blush*

Yes, Ron.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2003, 05:16:06 PM »

HAHAHAHAH!

This was so fun watching you guys guess!  I kept wanting to blab but Mark forbid me, as you saw.  

We had a very nice conversation....he is a very funny and bright young man.  He needs to have his own TV show.  

But if he hitches up my phone bill, I am holding him personally responsible.

I know WFO is probably unable to read this right now, but I am wishing him all the good vibes in the world.  I miss his posts.

Jed

« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2003, 05:27:53 PM »

A word of advice to all my dear Hainsie/Kimlet friends...

NEVER go errant and truant from this site for 4 days!  It takes forever to get all caught up! :D  But I have read the 1500 posts or so that I missed, and am now thoroughly modern post-wise.

Thursday night I attended a very nice little ceremony at which a theater at Central Washington University (my very own alma mater) was named for my very own grandfather.  He was hired by the university to start a new "Drama and Speech" department, and for his first 9 years (he was there 34 years in all) he was a one-man department.  This theater, a 300-seat-ish blackbox, was his pet project from early designing to fund allocation and all, and was built in 1981.

Following the dedication, I saw the university's production of West Side Story.  All in all, a decent production, with some very nice aspects.  The vocals were all quite good, which was a pleasant surprise given their past few musicals.  Their Anita was a real standout in every department, and my good friend Rob was quite fine as Tony (improved greatly since I saw him do the role in 1999).  Some orchestra issues kept the show from being all it could musically.  The conductor they used is horribly wrong for WSS... her style just simply does not work for that score.  Also, they used a rather abominable setting on the synthesizer that was tinny and just did not work at all with the other instruments.  Really could have used one more trumpet and probably an additional trombone, too.  Acting was fairly strong except for a few Shark guys, but I think they were cast for dancing.  Pacing in Act I was another problem.  You know a show is moving a bit slowly when a theatre professor leans over to you and asks, "Are they doing this without an intermission?" and the answer is "No."

Then, as DR Ann reported on last night, she and I saw a University of Washington production of She Loves Me on Saturday night.  Her review summed things up pretty well.  All in all, I'd call it a very good production.  The cast was composed nearly entirely of Master and Doctoral students, all of whom were quite wonderful vocally.  The staging was simple and fun, the scenic design was fantastic (and, again, simple), a very good orchestra, and fine performances.  If I were to find any fault (as DR Ann will tell you is my way  :) ), it would have been with the Arpad, who seemed to be very aware of his audience.

Spent a lovely lazy Sunday with Ann before heading back home to my side of the state.  Heavy mountain snow made the drive that would usually be about 2 hours 45 minutes into a drive of 4 hours 20 minutes, but such is life in Washington state.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2003, 05:31:21 PM »

I love "She Loves Me."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2003, 05:52:24 PM »

Chat in ten minutes.  Maya, be careful.  Mark is a heartbreaker.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2003, 06:01:18 PM »

LOL, BK!

It's not like that.  He's just a friend.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2003, 06:01:40 PM »

Chat is open.  I do hope the lovebirds will be there.  And we're simply going to have to do better, post-wise.  We must post until the cows come home.  Surprises for those who enter chat.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2003, 06:02:15 PM »

That's what Justin and Alyssa kept saying about one another!

Emily

« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2003, 06:05:13 PM »

Mark and Maya sitting in a tree...  :-*

jk my dears (until you finally come out of denial at least! ;) )
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2003, 06:11:00 PM »

Jed that was a very nice story about your grandfather.  You must have been very proud.  How did you manage to read all of the back posts-my goodness!  

Jane

« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2003, 06:18:10 PM »

S. Woody White I still haven’t had time to read your travels.  I will print them out to read on the plane.  Don’t want you to think I was ignoring you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2003, 06:18:13 PM »

I'm just posting to say that I can't be at chat, which started 10 minutes ago.  I've been home all day and am not feeling to well  :P, but I'm sure I'll be fine by tomorrow.  But now I have to go out into the rainy weather and run some errands.  Why in the world can't the errands run themselves is beyond me.  Anyway, I'll check back in later but hopefully I'll be able to get to bed early, since I do need to sleep...and how!   8)  <-- consider this a mask for sleeping.

And I'm sorry that I'm going to miss the surprises about which BK mentioned just a few minutes ago.   :'(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2003, 06:24:22 PM »

-Oh and I spoke to DR WFO this morning...things are not looking up for him at all, and the poor man has been so busy that HHW has been lacking his presence. It's none of my business to relay his problems, that is for him to tell. But, it would be GREATLY appreciated if we could send some extra-necessary vibes (and I mean serious thoughts and prayers) to him. We want him back here soon!

Extra Vibes, Karma and good thoughts.  WFO I hope to see you back by the time I return.  We miss you. :(

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2003, 06:29:15 PM »

Where is my surprise, I was in chat?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2003, 06:30:21 PM »

GEORGE -- Join us in chat

Michael

« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2003, 06:41:58 PM »

Great chat going on join us!!
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2003, 06:42:55 PM »

You errant and truant wazoos are missing a lovely chat with surprises aplenty.

WFO - please come back soon, we will all do our best to make your world a better place.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2003, 06:52:21 PM »

While in L.A. I’m free to get together Thursday through Sunday night.  

Andrea

« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2003, 07:07:52 PM »

Bus and metro strike today = Emily having to get up two hours earlier than normal, leave school three and a half hours late AND not be able to get to my work office on the other side of the city.

Excuse me while I go punch something.  Preferably something wearing a Transportation Company Uniform. :(

I may have to skip class tomorrow JUST to make it to my hair appointment... sigh.. the unjustice of it all.

The labour strike is making it hard to get to my History of Labour strikes class.

OH THE IRONY!

Andrea

« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2003, 07:09:52 PM »

I hope all those people waiting in line for THE PRODUCERS tickets realize that a lot of them will end up seeing either Nathan OR Matthew, not both Nathan AND Matthew.

CYGOPP claimes he can get me free tickets... we shall see, we shall see

Andrea

« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2003, 07:11:03 PM »

...and tonight I shall be supping with another HHW "celebrity" who is also a celebrity... Now I wonder who THAT could be!

Craig, when will you just admit that you're having an affair with Swishy Sarah and put the rest of the HHW girls ( and guys) out of our miserable guessing misery?

;D

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2003, 07:13:32 PM »

Andrea -- why aren't you in the chat room giving Maya a hard time about having a phone call with Mr. Mark Bakalor today?

Swishy Sarah is there, and so was Emily.

Andrea

« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2003, 07:14:07 PM »

I am really surprised that the pizza places give you trouble. I bet this is on the phone, right? If you went there I"m pretty sure they would honor it.

DR Jennifer: oh, what's great is that they gave us trouble on the phone and then we went there and they STILL gave us trouble!

Andrea

« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2003, 07:23:51 PM »

Thanks to everyone who gave/tried to give me transportation karma!

Alas, the ride home was less funny and amusing then it was annoying and cold and frustrating and any other number of adjectives meaning "bad".

I walked to the old brewery mission after class and then got a ride home from my dad... I love my daddy:)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2003, 07:27:25 PM »

I decided to not run my errands and have stayed.  I'm in chat right now, and have been for a while.  Join in!  The chatting's lively and sparkly!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Andrea

« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2003, 07:29:11 PM »

LOL, BK!

It's not like that.  He's just a friend.

Should never tell us that... do you know how many matchmakers there are on this site!

Andrea

« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2003, 07:30:20 PM »

Andrea -- why aren't you in the chat room giving Maya a hard time about having a phone call with Mr. Mark Bakalor today?

Swishy Sarah is there, and so was Emily.

Because I just got home, and am reading the posts and posting as I go along?

Sending out my loving.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up