Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BROKEN RECORDS  (Read 21357 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:BROKEN RECORDS
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2003, 12:45:44 PM »

BK wrote:
Craig and Arnold Brockman are a happily married couple living in
Queens.  Say the secret word and you win a hundred dollars.

Is the secret word HA HA HA HA?

For some reason I hope that someone told DR Ron their real relationship.  Craig is the baby bear and DR ArnoldBrockman is the papa bear.

Jennifer you get a Karma for telling the truth even though the jokes made for some fun reading.

Emily I tried giving you a Karma to keep you smiling on the metro but someone beat me to it.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2003, 12:48:37 PM »

there's no such thing as too much Karma! I'm feeling especially Karmaliscious this moment

Jane

« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2003, 12:50:51 PM »

Nobody else wants a smiley contest? :(

I'm game if I'm still in town when you have the contest. :-\

Jane

« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2003, 01:01:30 PM »

Judy was my favorite Diva until Barbara came along.

Echo is outside barking away as if there is someone here.  I hope not as I’m still in my pajamas.  If I get dressed she will think we are going for a walk & I have too much work to do yet.

I’m getting ready to go to L.A. on Wednesday to clean out my father’s condo.  I expect to be there five nights.  I hope to know by tomorrow what nights I will have free.  Who wants to meet for dinner?

Tomovoz

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2003, 01:06:04 PM »

Would love to meet for dinner Jane but some of us, despite our exalted level, have problems with time zones, $ and arranging flights. Maybe your new governor in LA can sort things out.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2003, 01:14:05 PM »

DR Jane wrote:
Jennifer you get a Karma for telling the truth even though the jokes made for some fun reading.
Well I wasn't sure if someone told Ron the truth or if he believed BK.  It was funny. But I prefer funny when everyone knows the joke. So I just wanted to make sure.

Heck let's have an informal smiley contest right now!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 01:37:45 PM by Jennifer »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2003, 01:16:25 PM »

Thank you, Jennifer, for the truth.  Close your eyes, dear.  It's going to get ugly

« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 01:17:20 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Emily

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2003, 01:16:26 PM »

Thanks to everyone who gave/tried to give me transportation karma!

Alas, the ride home was less funny and amusing then it was annoying and cold and frustrating and any other number of adjectives meaning "bad".

I got on the first metro to come through the downtown's orange line at 3pm (when they opened up again for the evening rush hours) and from then on everything went downhill.

1) A fist fight broke out among some awful awful AWFUL teenaged boys at Lionel-Groulx station over, I think, a bottle of rum that one group was passing around to one another.  The drunken defenders took refuge, *sigh* of course, in my metro car as their assailants kept holding the doors to the car open in the hope of "getting them".  Obscenities in many different languages were uttered until 5 minutes later we sane metro riders manually closed the doors ourselves (picture me taking down a 6 foot tall + 300 lb teenaged gangster as I pushed him out of a metro car against his will)  

2) When I got to my bus terminal 20 minutes later I found about 100 people waiting in line before me.  I figured I'd get in line and simply wait my turn.  Time passed.  The number of people behind ME grew and grew and grew until by the time the FIRST bus in over 30 minutes arrived there were at least 400 people (!!!) in line.  

3) I get on a bus that was NOT MEANT TO HOLD 120 PEOPLE and another half hour later I get home.   At least this time I didn't have to do any translating for the unilingual anglo West End Montrealers.  The bus driver took care of that by speaking some of the funniest and most blatant Franglais I have ever heard in my entire life: "Clear-er the escalier" :)  

I am going to go sleep off my woes and think of how poor I will be if this lasts more than a week or two from lost job revenue.  :(
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 01:24:04 PM by Emily »
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2003, 01:17:10 PM »

Ron - Jennifer gave you the truth... not me...

(please don't hit me!) :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2003, 01:18:56 PM »

Vanity Post = this is #200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2003, 01:27:44 PM »

From our point of view Emily vanity is no longer a sin. It it were so we wouldn't be here. Ron. Don't lower your left leg or things may become even uglier. I don't think they are ready for another 7 plagues or such.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2003, 01:28:57 PM »

I'm thinking we might just make 100 posts today.  But that is far far away from our past few days broken records.  Am I a broken record?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2003, 01:31:19 PM »

I am between stops on a family funeral day.   Not sure if I will be in chat, but life goes on.  Not a CLOSE family member.  I am more of a supporting player in this particular drama.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2003, 01:37:12 PM »

DearWife Joy is fine, but lacks the hours required to catch up on the roughly 1000 posts she's missed.  She's now in her final weeks at her job, where she'll not be getting the Christmas bonus.  But, they love her so much over there...

A) They'll be happy to hire her whenever she wants to work come the new year.
B) They threw her a huge shower
C) They gave many a wedding present
D) They tend to list things with letters in front of them.

OK, I don't know that this last thing has anything to do with their love of Joy.

But how about this?  There was some sort of an office party there last week, and they put Joy in charge of getting the food.  Now, most anyone would have called a caterer, but Joy actually went shopping, bought cheeses and vegetables (which she then chopped) and sundried foodstuffs and cooked her famous stuffed mushrooms.  Then, she managed to bring all of these things to work.  They paid for the food, but not Joy's cooking time, which was considerable.

I don't really understand what goes on over there, but this much seems clear: There's never been a more hard-working and committed employee in the memory of anyone who works there.  (You know, I wouldn't be surprised if that Christmas bonus arrives, in spite of the broken agreement to stay until March.)

And yes, it looks like we'll Christmas in the home of the true author of some other DR's famously funny signature line...
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2003, 01:39:21 PM »

(picture me taking down a 6 foot tall + 300 lb teenaged gangster as I pushed him out of a metro car against his will)

I am picturing that, Emily.  With your oddly thin but very straight arm and your yellow heart-shaped hand.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2003, 01:47:32 PM »

DR Ron that pic cracked me up.

Did you originally thank DR Emily? :(

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2003, 01:49:16 PM »

Oh, my. Two gods on the same site. I'm not worthy. I'm simply not worthy to be in your two presences, but I hope you'll let me remain.

DR, Ron. Your above image made me burst out laughing. Thanks for such a good laugh.

DR Jed, I like your new picture.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2003, 01:58:03 PM »

Poor DR Emily. Do you usually have such woes on public transport? Or was today much worse?

I took the bus and metro for my years at Concordia. It used to take at least 1 hour. I remember a horrible incident where some deranged guy was in my car.

It was so horrible. I get in and sit down. This deranged guy comes in, the doors open for people to get out and this guy (with all his might) wacks somebody and pushes them out. Then said deranged guy proceeds to sit RIGHT BESIDE ME. I was terrified.

I didn't know what to do. AT the cote vertu stop which is the last stop, everyone had to get off. And deranged guy started to follow me. I don't remember all the details. But some nice guy, saw what deranged guy had done. And he came and protected me. We then saw deranged guy go back down in the metro to take the line the other way. We tried to explain to the security what had happened. But that sure was scary!

DR Noel: please tell DR Joy that we miss her.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2003, 01:59:44 PM »

I’m getting ready to go to L.A. on Wednesday to clean out my father’s condo.  I expect to be there five nights.  I hope to know by tomorrow what nights I will have free.  Who wants to meet for dinner?

I'm fairly booked over the weekend, but could make other evenings work.  Once your schedule is set, let me know.  It would be nice!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2003, 02:01:03 PM »

Since we seem to be playing "celebrity HHW" guessing games today, karma to the first person who can name who I just had a very pleasant hour long telephone conversation with. The person with whom I spoke cannot answer, of course.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 02:02:22 PM by Mr. Mark Bakalor »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2003, 02:07:04 PM »

I think I'd have to go with the Babs Cook crowd, though Mandy Patinkin can get awfully diva-ish at times.   Does Rosie Clooney count?

I saw Keith Andes do one of his 4,000-odd La Manchas.  I think he was my first one one.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2003, 02:20:51 PM »

CLARIFICATION from a person(not a GOD) who knows the answer.

Craig and Arnold Brockman do not live in Queens.

Never have and never will.

Craig Brockman is the illegitamate son of Arnold M. Brockman .

Craig's real name is SKIPPY but we changed that upon adoption.

All other inquiries should be fowarded to the proper authorities (whomever they are)

That is the KARMATIC TRUTH.

And if you don't believe it that's your problem.

JENNIFER-Who said that you will become a GODDESS-Maybe you will become a GOD. Only ONE knows for sure and that is The Holy of Holiests and we all know who that is!!!

td

• td
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2003, 02:27:14 PM »

I think he was my first one one.

On should always remember one's first. . . :-X
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2003, 02:28:41 PM »

Jane, I will be at your service whenever you are available.  We must go to a lovely restaurant.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2003, 02:34:10 PM »

Jane, I will be at your service whenever you are available.  We must go to a lovely restaurant.

Let's try someplace new, preferably a bit closer to Jay who lives in Pasadena.

Michael

« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2003, 02:40:46 PM »

I am surprised no has mentioned the ultimate Diva

Sam Harris
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 02:42:14 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2003, 02:44:03 PM »

Hmmmmmmmm.....Mark Bakalor was talking to DR Charles Pogue.  Guess number one.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2003, 02:44:06 PM »

Dear Reader Michael Shayne:

You slay me.

Thanks for the good laugh.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2003, 03:09:43 PM »

Nope. Never spoken by phone with Charles Pogue.

Emily

« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2003, 03:15:30 PM »

you spoke with BK of course Mark...

(who was probably haranging you about something related to this site :) )
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up