Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WITH A SMILE AND A LAUGH AND A POTATO CHIP  (Read 19027 times)

Jason

Re:WITH A SMILE AND A LAUGH AND A POTATO CHIP
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2005, 09:24:56 AM »

I'm all alone at the drive-in movie...
Gee, it don't feel too groo-hoovy
Watchin' werewolves without you...

FJL

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2005, 09:36:46 AM »

DR Jason - I have nothing clever to say, except to tell you no one is alone.  (Is that an eleven o'clock number, BTW?)

Jason

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2005, 09:41:06 AM »

Well, it's about time y'all came back! I was all by myself for about 1/2 an hour or so.

When are we going to do Act I finales? I got a slew of 'em...

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2005, 09:41:47 AM »

If you Big Brother addicts want a good laugh check this out:

http://whatisbblove.ytmnd.com/

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2005, 09:43:45 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

Of course, I should have included I'm Going Back and The Music That Makes Me Dance for eleven o'clock numbers.  As much as I love My Man in the film version of Funny Girl, I really love The Music That Makes Me Dance - a great tune from Mr. Styne and Mr. Merrill.  I may have to go listen to the Funny Girl overture.

Jason

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2005, 09:56:30 AM »

We need a little glamour this morning...

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2005, 10:19:51 AM »

For the big brother watchers.  The Housecalls interview with Jennifer was so lame.  She was not there (kaysar was). And the questions coming from the fans were not live (they were read by marcellas).

Oh now Marcellas is saying some good stuff. He is saying how he could not do the interview how he wanted to (he wanted to call her out).  He is saying he despises her.  But now Gretchen is saying how they have to keep the integrity of the game. And they could not let her (jen) know how much the fans hate her.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2005, 10:46:29 AM »

So, if I'm reading this correctly, Jenn did NOT appear on "House Calls" this a.m.

Julie had announced Saturday evening that she would...and I wondered how that would happen when she is supposed to go into sequester.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2005, 10:49:45 AM »

Just finished listening to the Radio Show. It's a Putting It Together show and we get to hear all manner of cast recordings from The Boy Friend. Very nice!

May I say that my banner advertisement on my Yahoo page has been a notice for Quaker Oats Oatmeal Squares. It's making me hungry! I also ate two of them over the weekend. We usually have them around the house for emergency snacks and we took 4 of them on the plane with us. We flew Spirit Air (nice low-cost airline) and they have no complimentary snacks. You may purchase snacks on-line or bring something on the plane with you but it's just free beverages. We had our snack bars, two cheese sticks and an apple to eat on our flight to Detroit.

Anyway, I need to get back to work, but I wanted to pop in and say hello. Most of my favorites have already been mentioned. I will read the three days I missed over the next couple of days.

TTFN.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2005, 10:53:42 AM »

Foodstuffs that were brought into my workplace this a.m. (we have a staff of 8 in our division, and this food was for us):

A delicious pumpkin cake with a cream cheese icing, made in New Hampshire (Grace Metallious' hometown)

A fresh peach cobbler

And we're thinking of going out for dim sum for lunch.

We are dim sum fools these days!!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2005, 10:58:52 AM »

Rose's Turn and The Last Midnight and I'm Goin' Back are my favorites!

Duets, as mentioned by DRMATTH - I love the You're Just In Love duet from CALL ME MADAM.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2005, 10:59:18 AM »

Working on my lines for MY THREE ANGELS.  At least as Jules I don't have as many as Joseph does!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2005, 11:03:12 AM »

In "Oliver...What would "Oom-pah-pah" -- the song Nancy uses to distract Sykes and Fagin in order to spirit away Oliver -- be categorized as?
Upbeat.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2005, 11:09:26 AM »

The Punk and I have returned from our quickly slapped together trip to Massachusetts and Vermont which turned out to be quite a fun adventure. Jose was great showing us around Williamstown and EVERYONE who talked to him said something along the lines of "You saved our ass."

On the downside, I can now blame Jose for destroying my diet. Note to those coming in Oct: If you hang around Jose, YOU WILL EAT A LOT.

Must catch up...

Remember I will be on the walking tour and those who don't want to eat much can share with me.  Remember I have this quirky habit of buying treats, taking a bite (in this case I will break off a bite) and trashing the food.  It will be nice to share instead of trashing.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2005, 11:11:29 AM »

Quote From: Vixmom, yesterday...
Yesterday bk said that Princesses includes references to ...Do these peopele do it for the shock value or do they really think that  its appropriate for kids? Are they so out of touch with main stream American as to think that parents don;t care what their kids see and jhear or are Vixdad and I  so out of touch that we are the only ones who still do?

Quote attrributed to derBrucer,  Yesterday
No, Vixmom, it's just that you have turned into a Republican.

Quote from Vixmom, yesterday:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

(Smilies unfortunately dropped in the cut-and-paste process.)

Alas and alack, Vixmom, 'twas I who made the wisecrack.

We get this all the time.   :-\

:-*

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2005, 11:14:57 AM »

I’m very much looking forward to my trip to Los Angeles to see dear BK again and to meet DR CP, if he likes. :)

I wish you could have waited until January or February when there is a good chance we would manage a trip to LA to meet you.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2005, 11:16:06 AM »

A fulcrum is better than a half-fulcrum any day, just as it's better than a half-empty crum.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2005, 11:19:20 AM »

Today is National Punctuation Day

Oops I forgot to include a period at the end of that sentence

And isnt my next sentence missing a comma and an exclamation point

And there is an apostrophy and a question mark that have disappeared too and two more commas in this sentence

exclamation point

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2005, 11:31:48 AM »

So, if I'm reading this correctly, Jenn did NOT appear on "House Calls" this a.m.

Julie had announced Saturday evening that she would...and I wondered how that would happen when she is supposed to go into sequester.

Sorry, I see now i did not make sense.  She was on, but not there. I don't think any of the remaining people will be there live with marcellas/gretchen.

Jen was on, but she was on the phone.  And like i said, it was lame because they could not ask her anything interesting. And marcellas wanted to so bad. It is pretty funny to hear him lay into how mad he was that he couldn't say what he wanted to say.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 11:34:21 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2005, 11:32:29 AM »

I need some cooking help.

I want to make chicken on the bbq (grill). But i don't know whether to cook it first, or how long to put it on the grill for. Has anyone done this before?

Oh i'm talking about chicken legs or chicken with bones, not some little kebob or boneless breast.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 11:37:18 AM by Jennifer »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2005, 11:38:20 AM »

On the back of the OBC it reads "Momma"...on the back of the OST it reads "Mama"...

???

We have lookled at numerous CDs and books - "Momma" wins hands down. The Scrabble album has "Mama", first release of OBC (Merman) has "Mamma" but the re-release has "Momma". A printed version of the show has "Momma".

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jason

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2005, 11:40:45 AM »

My friend just grilled chicken last night and I think he left it on the grill for about 15 or 20 minutes. Just make sure it's cooked all the way through, but don't OVERcook it or it'll get tough and dry.

Jason

« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2005, 11:41:28 AM »

Legs shouldn't take quite as long as a breast to cook.

Ben

« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2005, 11:44:10 AM »

The Summer of 76 (people were talking about it on Friday). I was performing on the University of Minnesota's 1858 Paddle Wheel boat which they had turned into a small theatre. We were doing The Streets of New York, a 1963 Off-Broadway musical by Richard B. Chodosh (music) and Barry Alan Grael (book and lyrics). It was based on the 19th Century melodrama by Dion Boucicault of the same name. It was also one of the most wonderful summers of my life. I was 23 and in love and performing and getting paid for it. What more can one hope for? I remember sitting on the top of the boat with the rest of the cast watching the Bicentennial Boat Parade on the Mississippi the night of July 4th. Ahh, what a time.

Ben

« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2005, 11:45:51 AM »

Now I have to read Saturday and Sunday posts to see what when on while I was away.

There won't be many pictures of my family reunion, at least for a while. In an effort to travel light, Anthony decided not to take the camera, on the presumption that there would be many, many cameras. He was correct. Many photos were taken, most digital, so we just have to wait for the pictures to be sent to us.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2005, 11:46:08 AM »

Jennifer when I was growing up we had an indoor grill in our dining room.  It was great.  I often cooked chicken and never once pre-cooked it.  I don’t remember it taking very long-just turned it once in awhile until it was completely cooked.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2005, 11:46:36 AM »

Cindy Williams has said "yes" to appearing in our LACC benefit - it's tentative, as she's checking on some trip she has to make to Australia, but she thinks it's going to be fine.  

She'll either introduce one of the segments or, if we're feeling up to it, we may do a scene from Luv, which we did way back in the day.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2005, 11:48:55 AM »

Today is National Punctuation Day

Do we get either Victor Borge or Sid Caesar to do some verbal punctuation?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2005, 11:51:47 AM »

Jason & Ann I don’t think I could handle a CPAP machine.  Instead of sending me to a sleep clinic the doctor just had Keith watch and see if I was breathing during the night.  He says I do but I know sometimes I wake up gasping for air, usually right after I fall asleep (when Keith is completely out) and not during the night or the wee hours of the morning when Keith checked on me.

Jason I hope Bernice continues to improve the quality of your life.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2005, 11:52:06 AM »

My friend just grilled chicken last night and I think he left it on the grill for about 15 or 20 minutes. Just make sure it's cooked all the way through, but don't OVERcook it or it'll get tough and dry.

:)

That's my biggest problem.  Not sure how long to grill it for.  I think my chicken legs may have the thigh with them. Not sure.

so far the 2 recipes i've found said to grll for 30 minutes.

I'm not sure if i should cook it first and then just grill it at the end.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up