Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THIRTY-THREE OPENING SENTENCES  (Read 84772 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THIRTY-THREE OPENING SENTENCES
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2005, 03:41:51 PM »

Wrong one François - but thank you.

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2005, 03:42:30 PM »

Hi Everyone, I'm sad to say that my summer of leisure has at last come to an end.  I spent all day today at a training for GMHC and will do the same tomorrow.  And my internship with the Jewish Board begins on Monday.

I'm excited about starting the internship as it represents the final phase in obtaining my masters degree- but I'm not looking forward to another year of being crazy and pulled in multiple directions- classes, internship and part-time job.  Hopefully it won't be as bad as last year when I was doing the same juggling act but with a full-time job.  I got to spend time with Rodzinski about once a month. :(

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2005, 03:48:07 PM »

On the topic of driving music- I like listening to things I can sing along with.  Favorites are the soundtrack from Magnolia, Trisha Yearwood's Songbook, Sarah McLachlan's Mirrorball, and the assorted broadway mix tapes and CD's my good friend Johnny has made for me over the years.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2005, 03:48:27 PM »

And now I must get back to my reading- lots of it!!

François de Paris

« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2005, 03:48:57 PM »

Wrong one François - but thank you.

What do you mean "wrong one"?

Were they 2 Melanies singing the same song????

Ring The Living Bell: A Collection
Melanie

1. You Could Have Had Me For A Nickel    ListenMusic    ListenMusic
2. Any Time At All    ListenMusic    ListenMusic
3. Beautiful People    ListenMusic    ListenMusic
4. Every Breath You Take    ListenMusic    ListenMusic
5. Life Will Not Go Away    ListenMusic    ListenMusic
6. Racing Heart    ListenMusic    
7. Sun And Moon    ListenMusic    
8. Natural Man (San Bernadino)    ListenMusic    
9. Candles In The Rain    ListenMusic    
10. Percieve It    ListenMusic    

Might have been Melanie Griffith!!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 03:50:35 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2005, 03:53:45 PM »

Oh, I get it; it's NOT her original rendition but a re-recording she did!!

Oy, vey! I'm learning!

Tomovoz

« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2005, 03:55:49 PM »

The album "Candles In The Rain" - not just the song. The album has a delightful spoken introduction
"Little sisters of the sun.."

I think "Alexander Beetle" only appears on that album too.

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2005, 03:58:44 PM »

I awoke this morning to the shocking, and completely unbelievable news, that a very old and dear friend of mine was arrested and charged with second degree murder on Thursday in Eastern Washington.  He was a thirty-year career police officer for the City of Tacoma, a loving friend, and an extremely talented musician.

Regardless of the circumstances, it appears there is little doubt that he did indeed shoot and kill one of his buddies following a fishing trip together. This is the second time this year that someone who I have known for many years, has been arrested and charged with murder.  In both cases, there seems to be little doubt of their guilt. And in both cases, it appears very likely that alcohol may have been a determining factor in the events.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2005, 04:02:30 PM »

My thoughts are with you Dear Friend TCB. Tragic news.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2005, 04:05:30 PM »

I was craving an In and Out Burger so I went and got it.  There were four teens standing by the front door when I arrived.  They, of course, stepped right in front of me as I went to go in, so they could go in ahead of me.  And they blocked me perfectly from getting to the window before them, even though they were sauntering at a snail's pace.  There was no one at the counter when they got there.  They then proceeded to order SEPERATELY - heaven forbid they should have all ordered at once.  And each of them took an eternity ordering.  I mean, they only have three items at In and Out Burger, it's not brain surgery.  All in all, I stood in back of these incredibly stupid people for ten minutes.  Whilst doing so, I had to look at their butt cracks, their tattoos and listen to their completely inane chatter.

td

• td
« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2005, 04:07:16 PM »

td, why do I suspect that your version is different!

Because you know me all too well.   :-X
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2005, 04:11:05 PM »

My thoughts are with you, DR TCB, with this tragic news of yours. . .

François de Paris

« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2005, 04:13:26 PM »

I awoke this morning to the shocking, and completely unbelievable news, that a very old and dear friend of mine was arrested and charged with second degree murder on Thursday in Eastern Washington.  He was a thirty-year career police officer for the City of Tacoma, a loving friend, and an extremely talented musician.

Regardless of the circumstances, it appears there is little doubt that he did indeed shoot and kill one of his buddies following a fishing trip together. This is the second time this year that someone who I have known for many years, has been arrested and charged with murder.  In both cases, there seems to be little doubt of their guilt. And in both cases, it appears very likely that alcohol may have been a determining factor in the events.

So distressing!

François de Paris

« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2005, 04:18:22 PM »

I was craving an In and Out Burger so I went and got it.  There were four teens standing by the front door when I arrived.  They, of course, stepped right in front of me as I went to go in, so they could go in ahead of me.  And they blocked me perfectly from getting to the window before them, even though they were sauntering at a snail's pace.  There was no one at the counter when they got there.  They then proceeded to order SEPERATELY - heaven forbid they should have all ordered at once.  And each of them took an eternity ordering.  I mean, they only have three items at In and Out Burger, it's not brain surgery.  All in all, I stood in back of these incredibly stupid people for ten minutes.  Whilst doing so, I had to look at their butt cracks, their tattoos and listen to their completely inane chatter.

Is that what one gets when one goes to In and Out  Burger???

Stay away from the Youth!!!

I had the same thing happening to me this evening at one of our Belgian imitation of McDonald's BUT whith old people!
NO butt cracks or tatoos (I could see!) there! PLEASE!

td

• td
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2005, 04:23:38 PM »

Does Kevin Kline wait on you at In and Out Burger?

François de Paris

« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2005, 04:25:10 PM »

Does Kevin Kline wait on you at In and Out Burger?

No! Only Magnum PI!

François de Paris

« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2005, 04:28:03 PM »

That place BK went to should be called
In and Out Buggers!

(Excuse my French!!)

Michael

« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2005, 04:28:35 PM »

Michael, you've apparently missed some notes.  I discussed this several times.  No, two weeks prior to the set-in-stone shipping date he blithely announced that his printers had told him they couldn't handle the job, and he was now having to search for new printers.  Buried in that notice was the fact that the book is still not finished yet, so what the printers have to do with anything is a moot point until the book is actually finished.  What he does, and what he's been doing for the last two years, is buying himself three months at a time - every time he's supposed to ship, something else goes wrong and then it's three months later.  He "says" that it will now probably be December.  Well, that's exactly what he did last year.  It won't be December, it won't be March, it will be the 12th... of Never.  I think the book has become an albatross - his Waterloo.  

I do remember those notes I just thought that he was going to get around to a more confirmed date by this time.
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2005, 05:06:04 PM »

JRAND

LOL!!! Oh I wish I could have been there!!!

You of course missed your perfect opportunity to  'off" the problem person in all  that darkness!

Which would have made a nifty plot for the groups next play! And what publicity!

MBarnum

« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2005, 05:14:41 PM »

DR Tomovoz, my thoughts have been going out to the land of Oz and those close to OzDerek.

MBarnum

« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2005, 05:20:31 PM »

And my thoughts are also going out to TCB.

Tomovoz

« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2005, 05:21:34 PM »

Thank you Michael. I have been passing on all the HHW thoughts to his sister Maureen in Tasmania.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 05:22:04 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2005, 06:09:37 PM »

Well, the polyurethane fumes are driving all the neighbors in the building a bit mad, so to escape them, I hied me to a movie at 84th and Broadway:  CRY WOLF, which from the advertising looks like a Friday the 13th horror clone, but which is actually a rather nifty little mystery.  I had quite a good time except for the two highschool bimbos in front of me who had the collective IQ of a corpse.

I finally had to move because they were so pathetic:  never shut up, and the one moron kept turning on her cellphone whenever the light from the screen went down so your attention went from the screen to the bright square of light in her hands.   Jesus Christ!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2005, 06:29:55 PM »

These kids today!  If people cannot turn off their cell phones during a film, they should be booted from the theater.

FJL

« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2005, 06:40:04 PM »

While we're on the subject of young people behaving obnoxiously, let me add to the mix the early-20-something young man at the NYMF box office.   I gave my name and handed him the email confirmation for our tickets, he couldn't find the name on the list, asked when I had bought the tickets.  I told him I couldn't remember the exact date but the date was on the email.  He literally yelled at me "When did you buy the tickets?" prompting me to have to say firmly it was a few weeks ago, look at the date on the email.  He finally looked at the email and said "Oh, August 29."  And he did at that point look more carefully for our name on the list and lo and behold found it.  

Since the show was sold out, would we have been totally out of luck had we not brought our email confirmation, I wonder.  In any event, a warning to bring your email confirmation if you're going to NYMF shows.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 06:46:18 PM by FJL »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2005, 06:56:58 PM »

Good Evening!

Sorry to have been sitting here like so much fish, but I've been catching up on a myriad of e-mails and other net items.  Also, it seems that most of my friends seem to be online tonight, so i've been chatting up a storm, playing catch up.  Always fun.  In any case... More posts to come...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

François de Paris

« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2005, 07:17:22 PM »

KAREN MORROW:

Her reactions to comments about her tribute to Onna White:

http://blip.tv/file/1580#c650

My song at Onna's memorial
Posted by Karen Morrow on Sep 16, 2005 11:58am

Holy cow!!!! I'm delighted that someone took the time to comment about my appearance there. I'm always so surprised to think that people know who I am after all this time. I'm doing WHITE CHRISTMAS in Boston this holiday season and am singing good old Berlin tunes with some swell performers. Thanks for noticing! Karen

AND

My spot at ONNA's service.
Posted by Karen Morrow on Sep 16, 2005 12:04pm

Thanks for noticing. I am also teaching in Colleges across the US. 5 years at UCLA and Master Classes around the Universities. I too wish there would be another Golden Age. Of course, maybe it's here and I'm too old to really hear it!!!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2005, 07:17:34 PM »

Here's the short version...

Columbus Cirlce - Lunch at Whole Foods.  It was PACKED this afternoon!
The Village - There was some street fair going on, as well as some chef's event - which I just missed by a couple of minutes, they had just started taking down the tables.
SoHo
Little Italy - It was the San Gennaro Festival.  LOTS O' PEOPLE!  And LOTS O' FOOD!!!  Can you say "zeppoli"?
Chinatown
Lower East Side
East Village
...and then back across to the Village.

Whew!

*Basically, i ended up doing a dry run of the walking and eating tour.  And I think I have a good idea of the general plan.  Now I just need to check to see where the public bathrooms are along the way. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2005, 07:36:39 PM »

Favorite sign I saw today:  There was a "homeless" man sitting on the sidewalk, a box in front of him, with the following written on a piece of cardboard in front of him:

PARENTS KILLED
BY NINJAS
need money for
Kung-Fu Lessons

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2005, 07:36:43 PM »

Aack! The other day my AOL went wacky and would no longer work. It kept telling me I had to reload AOL. So I went down to the store, got another AOL disc and reloaded. Easy enough. Everything works fine. except that it just now discovered that reloading AOL wiped out 3 years worth of saved e-mails! Aack!

I am not a happy camper right now.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 07:45:56 PM by MBarnum »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up