Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PONTIFICATING ME  (Read 81420 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:THE PONTIFICATING ME
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2005, 09:04:11 PM »

I somehow skipped a page when I came back on, I just saw your posts about the bears Tomovoz.  It made me want to reach out and hug you.

Thank you for sharing.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2005, 09:05:14 PM »

Page EIGHT!!!

The Dance of the Vampires in honor of our dear JoseSPiano hitting the big time!!!

I shall be standing at the stage door hoping for  your autograph!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 09:06:07 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2005, 09:06:55 PM »

I hope dear Danise is safe asn sound and well away form the path of the Hurricane Rita

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2005, 09:06:58 PM »

A present form MattH!!! Thank you Matt for putting a good ending on a bad evening!!  I shall listen to it on the way into the office tomorrow!!

Glad it got there OK.

Sorry I couldn't do an insert card giving you the track listings. My printer ran out of ink last week, and I haven't gotten new cartridges yet.

If you send me your e-mail address, I can scan that card and send you the .jpg.

I have DR TCB's e-mail, so I will do that for him.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2005, 09:10:06 PM »

DR Michael Shayne

I keep forgetting to send you

~~~BACK HEALING VIBES~~~~

I hope you are feeling better soon!!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 09:11:05 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2005, 09:12:27 PM »

Glad it got there OK.

Sorry I couldn't do an insert card giving you the track listings. My printer ran out of ink last week, and I haven't gotten new cartridges yet.

If you send me your e-mail address, I can scan that card and send you the .jpg.

I have DR TCB's e-mail, so I will do that for him.

Thank you!! Check your inbox

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2005, 09:13:13 PM »

Funny that the comedy show I enjoyed the most tonight got the worst critical reaction - OUT OF PRACTICE with Stockard Channing, Henry Winkler, and Jennifer Tilly.

It was created by Joe Keenan and CHristopher Lloyd who were greatly responsible for FRASIER's success, and the show has much of the same witty vibe with sibling rivalry, a dad who's girl crazy, etc. Maybe I just like this style of comedy or maybe I'm just used to it, but I really laughed out loud several times and found it lots of fun.

Very much the same reaction I had, DR Matt.  I'll definitely be following this one. (Wasn't that Jennifer Tilly as the dad's mistress?  I think she played the same exact role on FRAISER.)

I found HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER rather unbearable.  It's another FRIENDS clone.  Feh!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2005, 09:15:20 PM »

Well, vixdad is calling me to bed! Night all!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2005, 09:16:54 PM »

"Mother & Son" is available on DVD here in OZ but it is the wrong region unless you have a mulitzone player.
I have not checked Amazon but it may also be available in NTSC format. Many PAL format TV shows from the UK are available in the USA in NTSC so there is a chance.
I've never really understood why mutizone is not everywhere as it is in OZ and was with VCRs as well.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2005, 09:18:14 PM »

Thoughts on BB6

Well, Tuesday night is the end. I am not pleased that it is Maggie and Ivette, but I do have to laugh that for weeks the "Friendship" has said they have the jury....but in reality they don't.  It will be up to Janelle, Rachelle, Howie and James to determine who wins. The others only have Jennifer, April and Beau.

I actually hope Ivette wins.  As nasty as she has been at times, she has played the game. Maggie has sort of coasted and just used threats to get this far.  I really don't like her at all.  

I did love that the jury questions were tough on both of them and they finally realized that people don't believe the two of them belong in the final two. On the other hand, they made it to the final two.

So, I will be cheering for Ivette tomorrow night. John at Canoe picks Maggie, but I'm just not so sure about that.

Tomovoz

« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2005, 09:20:03 PM »

I somehow skipped a page when I came back on, I just saw your posts about the bears Tomovoz.  It made me want to reach out and hug you.

Thank you for sharing.

Derek would have said that the  bears make his loss more "bearable". They don't. It just enables us to cope in a different way. I am big fan of HUGS.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2005, 09:22:50 PM »

Sorry I didn't mention it sooner, but I really loved the bears, DR Tomovoz

Matt H.

« Reply #222 on: September 19, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

Yes, it was Jennifer Tilly as the mistress. Is she going to be a regular or just a recurring character? That's a lot of big name talent.

My favorite was the plastic surgeon brother who was clueless that he was a turn-off to the ladies. Very funny.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #223 on: September 19, 2005, 09:24:52 PM »

Good Evening!

And it truly was a Good Evening!

DR elmore, the birthday boy, regaled DR Jason and myself with some wonderful stories and some scandalous gossip.  Alas, no cake, but maybe we can all have cake once the HHW gang is in town in a few weeks.  Sounds like a plan to me!
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2005, 09:25:38 PM »

Thank you DR Cillaliz (and all). They mean a lot to me.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2005, 09:26:21 PM »

Time for me to head toward the bedroom, too.

Hope everyone enjoys their evenings/mornings.

Good night, all.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2005, 09:29:37 PM »

After we left La Cocina, Jason and I made our way down to Splash.  On 15th.  Oops, I meant 17th.

*However, while we were aimlessly wandering around, we did brainstorm an idea for a new musical.  By this time next year, we'll be on Broadway!  -And most likely only run one performance - if that - due to all the cease and desist orders we'll most likely receive from various licensing houses and composer's estates.  Watch this space for updates... and requests for bail.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2005, 09:29:47 PM »

Back from a sparkling evening with DRs Jose and Elmore. (And thank you both for listening to me rant about my job. I hope you don't think I'm one of 'those' actor types that one should never date!!)

Jose and I ran into my friends Jared and TJ at Splash, so we enjoyed many videos of the musical theatre sort, including my first encounter with the Tony performance from DREAMGIRLS, over which I was so excited I nearly peed my pants. It truly was a fun time - even though I hate bars - so thanks to DR Jose for getting me out and getting my mind off my poopy day at work. :)

And now to install my *new* Zoo Tycoon 2. Woohoo!!

"...And I am telling you...I'm not going!"

Jason

« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2005, 09:31:28 PM »

And DR TomovOz - thanks for sharing your bears and stories with us. I think they're wonderful. :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2005, 09:37:59 PM »

Oh... Where was I!?!?

Well, Splash was a lot of fun.  And it was DR Jason's first time there too!  And it turned out that a couple of friends were there too.  -And I ended up being a hero in their eyes since I had somehow managed to get Jason to go out to a bar!  ;)

We saw Liza.  We saw Barbra.  We saw Idina and Kristin.  We saw Lillias White.  We even saw Scott Bakula and Alison Fraser.  On the video screens that is.

And DR Jason finally fulfilled a dream of his.  He got to see the Tony tape of the Act One finale of Dreamgirls with Jennifer Holliday and company doin' their thang.

We left around 11:00 both a little hoarse from all the screaming and singing along, and a little deaf from the volume of the music.  But we had a great time.

And we didn't even have to wait that long for a train once we got to Union Square!  -And when I walked over to Columbus Circle from 57th, I only had about a minute wait for a D train back uptown.  Express!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2005, 09:40:01 PM »

...What Jason said.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2005, 09:40:53 PM »

DR FJL - Good to know that the extra ticket was put to good use.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2005, 09:43:49 PM »

After we left La Cocina, Jason and I made our way down to Splash.  On 15th.  Oops, I meant 17th.

*However, while we were aimlessly wandering around, we did brainstorm an idea for a new musical.  By this time next year, we'll be on Broadway!  -And most likely only run one performance - if that - due to all the cease and desist orders we'll most likely receive from various licensing houses and composer's estates.  Watch this space for updates... and requests for bail.

Jose, as a lawyer my advice is even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2005, 10:15:01 PM »

Of course that advice is just so much fish
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 10:15:15 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2005, 10:17:10 PM »

Well, I'm going to wussburger. Good night

Jason

« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2005, 10:25:41 PM »

I am most distressed. I installed my new Zoo Tycoon 2 and now it's telling me I can't play it because my computer doesn't have sufficient memory...?? Apparently the game requires 256 MB and my computer only has 128. Whatever that means.

What do I do?? I know I can buy more memory, but how much will it cost me??

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2005, 10:34:37 PM »

Well,  I went and voted in the WGA presidential election tonight which coincided with the annual membership meeting.  It was very poorly attended.  I wasn't going to stay for the meeting, but as I was sneaking out of it, I got waylaid by Ted Elliott who is running for president (and for whom I voted), and is a chum of mine (Ted and his partner Terry Rossio wrote Aladdin, Shrek, The Mask of Zorro, and Pirates of the Carribean, to name a few).  As we were gabbing, the very short membership meeting broke up.  As I was about to leave,  Dan Petrie (Beverly Hills Cop), the current president of the WGA asked if I want to join them for a drink at Kate Mantalini's restaurant across the street.  By them he meant him, Ted, and Carl Gottleib (Jaws) the current vice-president and currently running for re-election ( I also voted for Carl).  So I did, effectively killing the entire evening schmoozing with the hierarchy of the guild.  we also ate...though I have never much cared for the grub at Kate Mantalini's  (apparently, it is owned by the same people who have an interest in Hamburger Hamlet).  My drink was the ubiquitous diet coke.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2005, 10:36:57 PM »

I am most distressed. I installed my new Zoo Tycoon 2 and now it's telling me I can't play it because my computer doesn't have sufficient memory...?? Apparently the game requires 256 MB and my computer only has 128. Whatever that means.

What do I do?? I know I can buy more memory, but how much will it cost me??

IIRC, memory is rather cheap now.  So...

Just take down the model number of your computer and/or find out what type of memory modules it uses.  *If you don't have that info readily available, you should be able to go to your manufacturer's website, punch in a few details, and find out what type.  Then start looking at compusa.com, amazon.com, etc. to get a ballpark.  Some 256MB chips can run as low as $40.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2005, 10:42:37 PM »

DRJASON you also might try getting rid of a few programs you don't use!  That could get rid of a few hundred MB.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2005, 10:42:54 PM »

I left my hat someplace!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up