Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: SHEMAN HEMSLEY  (Read 26499 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SHEMAN HEMSLEY
« on: October 02, 2005, 12:27:26 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've contemplated Sheman Hemsley, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're also contemplating Sheman Hemsley and frankly they're confused cows right now.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 12:15:19 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SHEMAN HEMSLEY
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 12:27:57 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLAPJACK!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 12:28:47 AM »

Ah ha!  The first post!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 12:34:33 AM »

TOTD:  None.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 12:37:35 AM »

I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 12:39:38 AM »

None?  Skammen on both of you.  No The Quiet Man?  No Stagecoach?  No True Grit?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 12:40:50 AM »

I was never realy a fan of John Wayne's except for "The Quiet Man."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 12:41:03 AM »

Here are the photographs.  First is Hisaka in the kitchen of my home environment, holding a very special beverage.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 12:41:57 AM »

Here is Hisaka in front of Musso and Frank.

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 12:42:12 AM »

According to my one-of-a-kind wonderful calendar from a NW publishing house, it is twenty years today since Rock Hudson left us.

My favourite Hudson film is probably "Written On the Wind".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 12:42:40 AM »

Here is Hisaka and the Pogues.

George

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 12:42:51 AM »

When you go to the IMDb listing, you can click on a link to some quotes from the movie.  The very first one would have been perfect for yesterday's Topic of the Day.  The character of "Red Will" Danaher says, He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 12:43:29 AM »

NORTH TO ALASKA

(But maybe that was only because Fabian was in it)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 12:43:50 AM »

Here is Hisaka with our very own Mr. Nick Redman and his pal Julie Kirgo.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 12:44:52 AM »

Here is Hisaka and my very own self.

Tomovoz

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 12:45:06 AM »

Absolutely no Stagecoach, certainly no True Grit and Quiet Man not.
John Wayne NOT.
(Though I like the theme songs from, or inspired by, some of his movies!)
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 12:46:04 AM »

Finally, here is the whole group walking down Hollywood Blvd. (sans me, as I was taking ye olde photo).

George

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 12:52:59 AM »

These are great pictures, BK!  It looks (and sounds) like a very good time was had by all! ;D

Michael

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 04:46:16 AM »

Never been a John Wayne fan, but I did like McLintock. But I wonder it if it still holds up after all these years
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005, 04:51:13 AM »

for those too young to know about John Wayne in The Conquerer. It is not a very good film with Wayne in Oriental make up. It has become better known for a couple of things.

1)

Filmed near the site of contemporaneous nuclear testing grounds, the set was contaminated by nuclear fallout. After location shooting, much dirt from the location was transported back to Hollywood in order to match interior shooting done there. Scores of cast and crew members developed forms of cancer over the next two decades, many more than the normal percentage of a random group of this size. Quite a few died from cancer or cancer-related problems, including John Wayne, Susan Hayward, Pedro Armendáriz (who shot himself to death soon after learning he had terminal cancer), Agnes Moorehead, Thomas Gomez, and director Dick Powell,

2)

Eccentric billionaire Howard Hughes provided the financial backing for this film and later paid an extra $12 million (estimated) for every existing print of it from a sense of guilt - it was he who paid for the shipping of 60 tons of radioactive dirt to Hollywood for retakes (see above). He kept a jealous hold on the film, not even allowing it to be seen on television, for 17 years until 1974, when Paramount managed to secure the rights to reissue it.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 04:51:21 AM »

I'm up, I'm up!  I didn't think I would be awake so early but I guess that nap I had yesterday did the trick!

There is construction going on outside but it itsn't bothering me a bit.  When I'm tired, I sleep.  Shoot a canon off if you want to but it won't matter to me!

I meant to mention the fireworks I saw last night.  I don't know what was going on but they were quite lovely.  I saw then as I was walking about.

Nose is being quite a pain this morning.  I can't seem to stop sneezing.  I don't know why.  It started on the plane when it was starting to make a landing and has been acting up ever since.  

I might have to find a drug store and get some kind of Sudiffed or something to stop it from wanting to run away.  Other then that, I feel GREAT and am very much looking forward to seeing one of my all time favorite guys with one of my all time favorite guys.   :)

Jose, I'm not 100% sure what happened to that poor lady.  I think it was a light in the ring that fell.  It was something heavy because I head it fall and when they took her out, they had her head all wrapped up.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2005, 04:54:01 AM »

And BTW I am in the Royal of Mount in Canada for the next few days. (Montreal) and I lay down for a while when I got home from the airport and woke up with the worse back spasm I ever had so bad was the pain that I thought I was going to lose my lunch (if I had a lunch to lose) I thought my back was getting better. Well back to another round of doctors. I hate it!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 04:56:01 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 04:54:12 AM »

Oh and I finely figured out how to get this internet to work.  I moved the laptop to the nightstand by the bed and here I am!  Very low signal and I had a heck of time signing onto the board (don't honestly know if it was because the board was slow--I always do have a problem in the early morning even at home or this internet) but I finely made it.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 04:57:31 AM »

And BTW I am in the Royal of Mount in Canada for the next few days/. (Montreal) and I lay down for a while and woke up with the worse back spasm I ever had so bad was the pain that I thought I was going to lose my lunch (if I had a lunch to lose) I thought my back was getting better. Well back to another round of doctors. I hate it!

I am so sorry to hear about your back, DR Michael.  I have never had a back problem (and hope I never do) but I have lived with one through my Mother for the last twenty or so years.  Ever since she crushed three or more disk in her back.

She is in horrible pain almost every day and can't lift a thing.  It's getting to the point where even a glass of tea is to much for her.  We had to switch to plastic glasses and only half filled at a time.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005, 04:59:45 AM »

Well I can't sit anymore at the computer here. So I must beg off. Everyone in NYC a big hello. Too bad it wasn't next weekend or I would have been there.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2005, 05:06:04 AM »

Well, I need to shower and go down and check out the free breakfast.  

I really do like this hotel.  Very nice staff and a lovely room.  Thank you, DR Ginny for suggesting it.  I looked out the window last night to the Muse and thought about the room I had there and thought, "Eh--it was nice but this is much better in  lots of ways."   :)

Lovey pictures, BTW, BK!  I'm glad DR Hiskasa is having a nice time.  Wow, TWO HHW gatherings at one time!  What's next?

Laters all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2005, 05:08:14 AM »

'morning!  I woke up early today, too, with much puttering to do.

The photos from both the east and west coast gatherings are great and make me want to join in.  Oh, yeah, tomorrow...

DR MichaelS - I HAVE had back problems and it's no fun.  Hope you feel better soon.

DR Danise - Keep the Comfort Inn fries burning for us!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 05:09:40 AM »

I really do like this hotel.  Very nice staff and a lovely room.  Thank you, DR Ginny for suggesting it.  I looked out the window last night to the Muse and thought about the room I had there and thought, "Eh--it was nice but this is much better in  lots of ways."   :)

Whew! I'm so relieved.  At least it's cheaper than The Muse ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2005, 05:33:24 AM »

Wonderful photos of Hisaka's Los Angeles adventure. She has a nice bunch of people showing her around the town...and she looks lovely as ever!

My first day in New York was a blast!

JosePiano and I took a trek to the giant Takashimiya department store and then had tea and snacks in the basement dining area. He introduced me to the subway system and showed me sights around the area including Times Square. It was all very wonderful!

Afterwards Elmore, Josepiano, TPunk, Rodzinski, Danise and I all met up at a great diner called Artie's where I sampled my first taste of Matzoh Ball soup which was quite yummilicious  ;D   and I got Rodzinski to try the sweet and sour tongue! He was quite brave.

It has been so much fun to meet everybody! Larry is a wonderful host, Jose is a sweetheart and he will make a most excellent tour guide for us!! Danise is also a sweetheart and cute as a bug. TPunk is absolutely one beautiful gal inside and out, and Rodzinski is just one heck of a nice guy who I really enjoy chatting with about obscure things

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2005, 05:39:53 AM »

Many many vibes to our BK.

Glad to hear the HHW gatherings on both coasts are going well!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up