Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KILLER RABBITS  (Read 15908 times)

Ben

Re:KILLER RABBITS
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2005, 07:47:44 PM »

Yes, one of the first things we did at dinner was to toast Derek. One of the picture takers (not me, I didn't have a camera) will post a picture at some point.

I do have to get to bed but I will write more about the wonderful time tomorrow (when I should be working). Thanks to all the traveling Hainsies and Kimlets for making today special  ;D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2005, 08:00:54 PM »

DR Jed, I am supposed to be seeing a production of SEUSSICAL a week from Saturday. I did not see the show in NYC or the Cathy Rigby road tour, so this will be my first experience with it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2005, 08:06:59 PM »

I shall pass that on to Maureen in Tasmania.  She will indeed be moved. Thank you everyone.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2005, 08:07:17 PM »

I hate to mention CINDERELLA knowing that DR Ron is rightfully angry about Amazon's inept handling of his account.

But I must say that the movie does look simply spotless in the presentation. Other than its aspect ratio, there is nothing that would give it away as not having been made yesterday. The enhanced home theater mix is another sterling achievement.

As we were mentioning yesterday, CINDERELLA is a perfect pleasant entertainment, but it doesn't have the excitement or danger that SLEEPING BEAUTY has, and, of course, the richness of design and color aren't in the same category either.

But given what they had to work with, the movie could not look more glorious.

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2005, 08:09:14 PM »

I also finished MISSION IMPOSSIBLE tonight before watching CINDERELLA.

I guess Paramount isn't going to touch this again in standard DVD. I guess we won't get a real anamorphic version of the movie until Paramount releases a high definition version of the film. I guess I'll have to be content with what we have.

Danise

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2005, 08:09:20 PM »

I'm sorry folks but your on the spot reporter is to pooped to post.  

I can't even begin to tell you what a wonderful day/evening I had.  Tales were told.  The dish was dished.  We laughed.  Oh, yes, we laughed until we could thought we could no more then laughed again.

We ate.  Oh yes, we ate until we thought we could eat no more and then we ate some more.

We walked.  Oh YES, we walked until we thought we could walk no more (and I have the aches and pains to prove it) and then we walked some more.

We took pictures.  Oh yes we took...well I think by now you are sensing a pattern.

Thank you to DR FJL for allowing all of us into your home.  In case I didn't tell you, that was very nice of the both of you to set out such a nice spread of cheese and wine and grapes and everything else.

DR Elmore, I'm an even cheeper drunk then you.  One sip of your drink and I'm out of it.  Of course, I'm so tired right now I don't think I was ever with it to start with!

Have a GREAT evening all.  I am going to bed.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2005, 08:11:35 PM »

After finishing CINDERELLA, I put on BYE BYE BIRDIE, the 1963 movie version of the show. Never one of my favorite movie musicals, I was also a bit disheartened when the credits came up after the title song because the color looked really weak, and I wasn't too sure about how sharp it was going to be.

Once the credits finished, though, the film looked just fine color-wise and in an enhanced transfer, it was plenty sharp.

I got right up to "Honestly Sincere," but then I had to stop it to watch LOST.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2005, 08:14:47 PM »

I won't put out any spoliers about LOST, but did want to mention there was one terrific surprise tonight.

The backstory was another one dealing with Locke, and I REALLY wanted more about that. Why is it that his backstories are the most interesting ones? His story could be a series all its own!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2005, 08:16:50 PM »

Yes, one of the first things we did at dinner was to toast Derek. One of the picture takers (not me, I didn't have a camera) will post a picture at some point.

I do have to get to bed but I will write more about the wonderful time tomorrow (when I should be working). Thanks to all the traveling Hainsies and Kimlets for making today special  ;D

Thank you and all the locals for making us feel so welcome and special.

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2005, 08:16:52 PM »

Broadway star John Dossett played the presiding judge on LAW & ORDER tonight, and Lee Tergesen, Christopher Meloni's lover on OZ, was the defense attorney. Love seeing these New York actors show up on the various L&O shows.

Even more fun is reading Playbill bios where the actors brag about NOT ever having been on LAW & ORDER. Always makes me smile.

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2005, 08:20:38 PM »

I adore Cillaliz, with whom I did not get to spend nearly enough time!

Why thank you dear elmore, I adore you too, next time we'll have to make sure we have more time to spend together.

Today was wonderful. The Today Show, the tour, a brief break from the group to get together with Rupert, then back with the group in time for happy hour with Skip and FJL and off to dinner at La Cocina. This has been so much fun and I have to say I've had a wonderful time with each and every one of the DRs here in NYC. I feel relly lucky to know such a wonderful group of people.

The wireless internet doesn't work in my room and I'm too tired to sit and edit photos in the lobby/breakfast area, so I shall post photos another day.

A very very special thank you to DR Jose, you did a marvelous job of planning, tour guiding and being an all around really great guy.  You're the best!

I've got to get some sleep.

Night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2005, 08:23:16 PM »

Good Evening!

:)

First of all...

Thank you to all the DRs who joined me on my trek across Manhattan today.  I hope all of you are taking some time to rest your feet right now - and don't forget to stretch a little bit before going to bed.  And drink water.

;)

I really had a wonderful time spending time with all of you, and getting to each of you a bit better.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2005, 08:23:33 PM »

elmore granted I only had one drink but I'm sure one more wouldn't have made a difference.  You really are a cheap drunk-LOL

The gals at the Inn left me to take an evening walk on my own.  In all fairness Cillaliz walked much more than the rest of us.

I'm stuffed, ate way too much today and my jeans are too tight but I couldn't resist eating a little of a gingerbread man cookie I purchased earlier today.  Gosh, it was a grad day and evening.

FJL you dissapeared before I could hug you goodbye.  Once again, and please tell Skip, it was delightful to relax and visit at your place with the grand view and the darling sweet dogs.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2005, 08:24:49 PM »

Secondly...

Thank you for your "hostess gift".  I was and still am truly moved by your thoughtfulness and generosity.

*And in the process, you've helped me plan my weekend.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2005, 08:25:08 PM »

Cillaliz are you posting from your room?  I'm in the lobby.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2005, 08:25:59 PM »

Hisaka I hope you tried DuPars famous bosenberry syrup on your pancakes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2005, 08:26:15 PM »

Thirdly...

I'm going to take a shower now, and then I shall catch up on the rest of the posts from today.

*And if anyone was worried about hitting an all-time low today, well...  Something tells me, I think we'll be fine.

:)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2005, 08:28:15 PM »

THANK YOU Jose!  

Jose took such good care of us today making sure our needs were met and no one was left behind.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2005, 08:31:12 PM »

Now I know why Cillaliz didn't respond to my question.  I also have no idea why it shows she is still on-line.  Guess who just walked in, computer in hand-Cillaliz.  She is correcting my errors as I type this-LOL.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2005, 08:43:17 PM »

Looks like our day-long adventurers are getting back home now, so I'll head off for bed and let them have the floor.

I'll look forward to reading additional comments and hopefully seeing pics tomorrow morning.

Good night, all, and welcome back, too!

FJL

« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2005, 08:43:41 PM »

When I got home, the dogs said they can't wait to have this group over again.  The amount of food that was dropped met with their approval, and they enjoyed the quality of the petting and attention.  :)

Skip said again that he had a great time meeting everyone.  I did, too.

Jane, sorry I missed you in the goodbyes.  Very glad to know, too, that your "Have a REALLY nice day" tag line is sincere.   (Hope I didn't miss saying goodbye to anyone else in rushing off with the downtown subway contingent.)

Jason

« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2005, 08:44:07 PM »

I'm home and showered and, if you can believe it, eating a chocolate bar that I picked up at the candy store a mere 14 hours ago. Hehe...

I had such a good time with all of the visiting (and resident) HHW gang. DR Jose really outdid himself with the planning and scheduling of the tour today. Kudos to him. I hope you get yourself something real purdy at the Panhandle.

I also want to commend (and thank) DR FJL and his DP Skip for inviting us to invade their lovely home and disrupt their lives for a while. Your graciousness and generosity were much appreciated and your company was greatly enjoyed. And I absolutely LOVED Toby and Dillon.

So much food was consumed today by so many of us that I think that tomorrow there may be a mandatory ration throughout the City of York that is New. We had doughnuts, pudding, marzipan, halvah, gumbo, cupcakes, tofu, peanut butter tarts, cheeses of all sorts and God only knows what else. Some of the treats that I consumed were graciously purchased for me over the last couple of days. I won't name anyone by name so's to avoid embarassing anyone, but they know who they are and I am VERY grateful for your generosity.

And thanks to DR TPunk for being my walking mate for much of the day. It was really nice to get to know you better.

Jason

« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2005, 08:46:51 PM »

I needed a short breather. My feets are achin'...

And now I'm going to try to download some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Jason

« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2005, 08:58:20 PM »

I do hope someone did a photo dump earlier this week. Here goes...

This is a loverly close up of some Dragon Fruit that we came across in Chinatown.

Jason

« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2005, 09:00:04 PM »

The Magnolia Bakery, which features world-famous cupcakes and a banana pudding that was unanimously voted as "fantastic" and "really good" by HHWers from across the country.

Jason

« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2005, 09:01:21 PM »

Quite possibly the largest gathering of HHW Dear Readers in the world...

Jason

« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2005, 09:02:25 PM »

DR MBarnum's shining face. See how happy he is to have gotten his underwear back?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2005, 09:03:29 PM »

Good Evening!  Again...

I went ahead and left my camera in my bag today... I just somehow sensed there would be plenty of photographers in our group.

;)

*I realized that I can do a 'shared' account on the Kodak Picture Gallery site.  So, once I get that set up - which will most likely be tomorrow - we can all start uploading our photos from the past couple of days.  This way, we can all see the pics that everyone took, and we can order prints for ourselves.

Stay tuned for details...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2005, 09:04:10 PM »

DNYR Ben and DIAR Cillaliz made and destroyed many a reputation at dinner tonight...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2005, 09:04:53 PM »

Safari so goody.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up