Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 150,000 POSTS  (Read 19160 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:150,000 POSTS
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2005, 07:20:50 PM »

Thanks Ginny and great news.  I hope I can meet you here.

Penny-WELCOME TO THE CLOUDS!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #181 on: October 09, 2005, 07:21:54 PM »

"Beware the Moon!!!"

(A Wallace and Gromit reference.   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

Back from Artie's...

-And there was a most adorable four and a half month golden retriever waiting outside the restaurant when we were living.

I am not sure that Artie's would appreciate you marking the time you spent at their deli as when you were living, and when you weren't.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #183 on: October 09, 2005, 07:24:20 PM »

Bruce-LOVED IT!!!

Very, very funny and it was a special treat for all of us.  My friend got a big kick out of Mr. & Mrs. Travolta sitting down the row from us.  And a bigger kick out of watching the crowd watch them. ;D

Thank you for making the evening possible. :D

Jane

« Reply #184 on: October 09, 2005, 07:25:11 PM »

That lady really wants the computer and I should go back.  I need to be up by 5:30 tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 07:25:34 PM by Jane »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #185 on: October 09, 2005, 07:26:20 PM »

Between all the foodstuffs and all the walking we endured during the Walk-And-Stuff-Yourselves-Silly Tour, "When you were living" seems apropos.

8)

::)

;D

;)

:-*
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #186 on: October 09, 2005, 07:28:32 PM »

Ginny, I've put the dates in my calendar! Since it's early October, I'll be there on the same Saturday as you. I'll be on the 3rd Floor and you'll be on the 2nd Floor.

This year for the first time in many years we are closed tomorrow. Hoo and Ray. It's been a wonderful, fun and exciting week but it will be nice to sleep in tomorrow morning.

We had a great night at Artie's with the gang. Anthony was very glad to finally meet Jane. Good food and good friends (it sounds like a commercial).

Must do some shopping tomorrow since the freezer is newly defrosted. That's what we did today. Anthony put together a book of miniature pictures to show Jane and I defrosted the freezer.

Ginny, I'm glad you and Jason and Jose and Michael and Danise could come see our "two-room palace". Anthony was very glad to see you also.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #187 on: October 09, 2005, 07:28:43 PM »

My body is screaming "go to bed" at someone.

I think it's screaming that phrase at me.

Wussburger, with grated Parmesan.

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: October 09, 2005, 07:33:41 PM »

Ginny, I've put the dates in my calendar! Since it's early October, I'll be there on the same Saturday as you. I'll be on the 3rd Floor and you'll be on the 2nd Floor....

Ginny, I'm glad you and Jason and Jose and Michael and Danise could come see our "two-room palace". Anthony was very glad to see you also.

My workday will end about 3pm that Saturday.  Wanna do something after work?  ;D

I was glad to have a chance to visit with Anthony, too.

Tomorrow is not a day off for me, so I'm going to turn in.  Enjoy your day, Ben, and any other DRs who do have a holiday tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2005, 07:36:03 PM »

Did Jane like Spamalot or not?  Did I miss a post about it?  Did she miss my question?  Am I tirrrrred?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #190 on: October 09, 2005, 07:41:11 PM »

I am not sure that Artie's would appreciate you marking the time you spent at their deli as when you were living, and when you weren't.

Guess I need a better editor too.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2005, 07:41:52 PM »

Did Jane like Spamalot or not?  Did I miss a post about it?  Did she miss my question?  Am I tirrrrred?

BK - Refer to Post #183.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #192 on: October 09, 2005, 07:49:31 PM »

BK:  I just like teasing the Electronic Hat, you must know that.  Keep the sparkling prize and give it to a needy actor-type (OK, there's an opening if ever there was one.  ;)).   I have learned over the years that the Electronic Hat is fickle in its delivery, try as it may to put the blame on Mame and/or the USPS.   ;)  Oh, yes, this is not the first time, nor will it be the last (unless of course I have no clew as to how to answer the trivia question).

However, I can tell you you can indeed get delivery confirmation for any size package and/or letter.  I do it all the time.  The weird thing is they charge you more for delivery confirmation if you ship third class (media mail) than for first or priority.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 07:50:27 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: October 09, 2005, 08:05:02 PM »

That's not what they've told me - they've told me that the package has to be a certain thickness to get delivery confirmation.  I'll ask again tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2005, 08:06:43 PM »

Don't know how I missed Jane's post, but sometimes such things happen here at haineshisway.com, if posts cross, i.e. I'm posting while she's posting.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2005, 08:10:33 PM »

Congratulations to our very newest inhabitant of our own special Valhalla.

Welcome, DR PennyO! Better late than never!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2005, 08:20:35 PM »

Thanks to DR George for the West Coast version of WILL & GRACE's live premiere show. I watched it tonight.

Some observations:

1. The audience for the West Coast broadcast was MUCH more responsive to the jokes and silliness than the audience that saw the East Coast telecast. Quicker to get the jokes and laughed longer and with more gusto at them.

2. Eric McCormack was given two new punch lines to replace earlier ones and an added punch line tacked on to the end of another joke. He handled all of the changes to perfection.

3. Alec Baldwin was much less sharp on the West Coast broadcast. He left out a joke and had a couple of line flubs.

4. Debra Messing was a bit more in control during the West Coast telecast with fewer examples of losing focus and dropping character.

5. Sean Hayes teetered on the edge of breaking up even more on the second telecast. And, as had been reported earlier, he also got tongue tied at one point which didn't happen during the first show.

6. Megan Mullalley gave the same spot-on performance on both telecasts. I didn't catch her dropping a single line or ever breaking character. And when Alec Baldwin left out a joke that involved her, she proceeded right on with the show effortlessly. And she did all of this on a mechanized wheelchair for the entire show.

Jason

« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2005, 08:20:52 PM »

Evenin', all.

I am so sorry I wasn't able to make Artie's tonight. My finances just would/could not allow for it, I'm afraid. I received a loverly phone message from one of the HHW gang (I won't mention any names) who offered to BUY my dinner tonight, but alas - I didn't receive the message until after 7:00. :( So tonight was spent cleaning the fridge, watching the two TV shows I watch regularly and watching a few old movies. This new tradition of classic movies in Chelsea on Thursday nights has turned me on to pictures that I've not yet seen. Today I watched "The Little Foxes" and "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" for the first time. Good fun.

Michael

« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2005, 08:21:11 PM »

BK:

How was the film The Little Girl Who Lived Down The Lane? I remember seeing it years ago and wondering if it still holds up after all these years?
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2005, 08:23:29 PM »

COLD CASE presented another heartrending episode and one which contained not only the surprise identity of the murderer (and the reason for committing the crime) but even the identity of the murder victim early in the show surprised me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2005, 08:26:21 PM »

Little Girl will be in the notes.

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2005, 08:26:59 PM »

Enjoyed DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and laughed quite a few times. I guess it IS a comedy series just as it wasd designated at the Emmys!

Broadway regulars Roger Bart and Harriet Harris had some terrific scenes tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2005, 08:29:47 PM »

CROSSING JORDAN had a rather standard cave-in melodrama tonight with no surprises or much suspense.

It was nice to see j p pitoc from TRICK as a guest star/murder suspect.

Matt H.

« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2005, 08:30:36 PM »

As usual, I won't get to ROME, EXTRAS, or LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT until tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2005, 08:33:41 PM »

Bruce-LOVED IT!!!

Very, very funny and it was a special treat for all of us.  My friend got a big kick out of Mr. & Mrs. Travolta sitting down the row from us.  And a bigger kick out of watching the crowd watch them. ;D

Thank you for making the evening possible. :D

I loved it, too, DR Jane. So glad you enjoyed it. Is Alan Tudyck still subbing for Hank Azaria or is he back now? Alan had a surprisingly muscular physique in the scene where he took off his shirt. That REALLY got my attention. I've seen him in lots of things, but for some reason had never paid much attention to his build until that moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2005, 08:35:56 PM »

Back from Artie's...

Another lively and sparkling time.  Those gathered around the table tonight included DR FJL, Anthony, Jane, elmore, Ben and myself.   Lots of food.  Lots of conversation.  Lots of fun.

Now that I have met all the wonderful NY HHWers, I am going to be envious each time you all get togethor for anything...I honestly miss all of you already! I have made so many great new buddies!

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2005, 08:49:31 PM »

DR MBarnum, the picture of you and Freddie yesterday should be cropped to be your new avatar. It's a GREAT picture of the two of you.

Matt H.

« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2005, 08:50:50 PM »

Well, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so I'm off now to try to better last night's total.

Hope everyone has good rest of the days.

Good night!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 08:51:24 PM by Matt H. »

FJL

« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2005, 09:05:43 PM »

DR Matt - Not to pick nits, but I assume you're referring to the picture of MBarnum and Freddy, as opposed to MBarnum and Freddie, right?

(Since most people at work call me Freddie, I wouldn't want to confuse them if they're reading this.  :) )

So glad to have experienced Artie's with Jane, Elmore, Jose, and Ben and Anthony.  Loved the noodle kugel and the latkes, so-so on the matzoh brei, greatly enjoyed the company.  So nice to meet Anthony and to see all the others again.  Thanks to elmore for arranging it.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2005, 09:11:03 PM »

Ah!!! I am a GOD!!! This confirms it!!!

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
WELCOME TO THE HEAVENS, PENNYO!!
[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up