Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: COLUMBUS DAY  (Read 15942 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:COLUMBUS DAY
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2005, 03:40:29 PM »

DR MB, you look very comfortable in your kurta.  It sort of reminds me of the 80s when everyone was wearing surgeon scrubs as lounge wear.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Tomovoz

« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2005, 03:41:47 PM »

"Surgeon Scrubs" - does he still get work?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2005, 03:42:31 PM »

My, my, what a slow news day at HHW!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2005, 03:42:47 PM »

It's not a holiday here.  Columbus did not make it this far.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2005, 03:43:40 PM »

Go watch a DVD TCB!
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2005, 03:44:41 PM »

The ballet music for I'm flying was mine - I thought it all up while walking down Broadway (this is a true story) - every note of it, including the several musical flying quotes from other scores.  I went to a pay phone, called Todd and sung it to him over the phone while he notated it all - people were staring at me, that much I can tell you.

I don't know from Word merge or labels - I write 'em out.  I'm now finished.

I was surprised at how many hainsies/kimlets have not ordered the book, and I hope I got all the orders printed out okay.  There were a couple of folks missing who order everything, so I'm nervous I missed one or two.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2005, 03:46:47 PM »

It is a male  mail day here in OZ.  I shall be collecting it in a few minutes. Cinderella may still arrive here before she gets to Oakland.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2005, 03:48:39 PM »

We had another three wonderful performances of MY FAIR LADY this weekend.  Three shows, three standing ovations.  Those electric seats are doing wonders.

In attendance on Saturday night were DRs Ann and Jed.  Last night, we met for ice cream and conversation.  Now that they have told me their impressions of the show, I am sure they will post a review of the performance.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2005, 03:50:32 PM »

The impressions of the ice-cream may also be of interest.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2005, 03:54:25 PM »

I've gone through all the orders and all are accounted for.  So, if you haven't ordered now would be a good time, especially if you want the sparkling something-or-other.  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2005, 04:03:06 PM »

I'm looking forward to REWIND and my sparkling something or other.  (Though of course, with our black hole of a mail room, I won't be seeing it until a week after everyone else receives theirs.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2005, 04:07:31 PM »

Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

Well...  I went to take a 30 minute nap... And 30 minutes and 2 hours later...

:-\

But the sleep was good, and like a bunch of other DRs, I believe all the activity of last week has finally caught up with me.

And now... Well, I'm off to Splash....

Hmm...

*Although, I noticed some weird "cut" on my left ankle.  I must have tied my sneakers too tight the other night, since I seemed to have rubbed raw a small strip of skin.  It stings, but just a little bit.  I'm more weirded out by it - How did that happen? - than anything else.  Life goes on.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2005, 04:10:52 PM »

...And on, and on... and oooooooooooooon.

;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2005, 04:24:50 PM »

This IS a slow news day here at haineshisway.com.  I'm afraid I have brought out the bitch-slap machine.  I'm plugging it in now.

Danise

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2005, 04:39:21 PM »

Evening all!

It's been a long day.  I forgot that the bank was closed.  Drat!  Guess I'll have to take care of that bit of business tomorrow on my lunch hour.

Sorry to hear about DR Jane's weather problems.  When I landed in Denver on my way to SLC, I was told I just MISSED the snow by about an hour.  What is this?  A conspiracy to keep me from seeing the white stuff.  I’m honestly thinking there is no such thing as snow.  It’s something you people make up and then hide whenever I come near it.  

I hope she has the best travel vibes for the rest of the trip.

DR VixMom, I shall always remember the day at the zoo/central park with you and the Vixter.  It was truly special and I should be thanking you both for allowing me to be with you.

DR Elmore and I were talking at the breakfast the last day I was there and I told him that if Michael Ball would have ended his run the week before it would have made no matter to me.  It was lovely to see him, don't get me wrong, but seeing all of you people was the reason I came to NYC.  

No star shined as bright on Broadway as the time I spent with you wonderful people.  And that's what it all boiled down to for me.   :)

DR Cillaliz, yes, I can send you those pictures without the circles, arrows, etc.  I need an email address if you want them now but it will also be included on the CD I burn.

BK, Someday I will give you a Word 101 lesson to make your life easier.  I will type out the instructions on how to do a merge and print on labels and send it to you.

I wanted to tell you all that among the many emails (mostly junk promising to make parts of me I don't have bigger or some such) I received was one from DR Dericks sister, Maureen.  It was lovely to hear from her and I'm just glad that my letter brought the family some comfort.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2005, 04:39:28 PM »

If I were employed, MR BK - my order would be among the others.  Sorry.  But I will be ordering in November!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2005, 04:40:18 PM »

GOOD t r a v e l VIBES to DRJANE!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2005, 04:44:02 PM »

Good to hear DR Danise. Maureen is having a really tough time. We're in touch most days. Writing helps her a lot.
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2005, 04:47:25 PM »

Don't feel rained on, DR Jose,  about your foot.  My left ankle is ballooning up and my foot feels like it has a fever in it during the evenings.  

I’ve been soaking it in warm water when I’m home and while I was out and about I bought some of those Icy/Hot packs to put on it as well.  I don't know why.  I don't remember twisting it.  It doesn't hurt--just very hot to the touch.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2005, 04:51:29 PM »

Good to hear DR Danise. Maureen is having a really tough time. We're in touch most days. Writing helps her a lot.

I'm just sorry it took me so long to answer her.  The date stamp showed I downloaded it the night before I left for NYC but because it wasn't someone who's email I have on my allow list, it went to the junk folder.  

I didn't have access to what was on the home computer so I didn't see it until today.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2005, 04:54:57 PM »

Well,  I have to go to work tomorrow and I think a little extra shut eye would be a good thing.

Nighters all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2005, 04:55:28 PM »

Maureen's not had access to email for over a week anyway Danise.  She's back at work today. I must write later.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2005, 04:56:11 PM »

All these personal messages - but at least we're posting!!
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2005, 04:59:48 PM »

Jrand, it's not you - I know that you're not working.  It's a lot of other regulars, and I'm just a wee bit surprised.  Writer's Block sold twice as much online to HHW regulars.  Weird.  I should think this would be a book that would interest readers of this here site, but I could be wrong.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2005, 05:05:56 PM »

Danise -- When you are soaking your foot, you need to add epson salts to the water.  I don't know how or why it works, but it relieves the pain and takes down the swelling.  If it wasn't for epson salts, I would probably have had to quit acting several years ago.
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2005, 05:16:59 PM »

I'm looking forward to it!! It's my kind of book!
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2005, 05:18:14 PM »

Now that I've driven to work and back, two things have told me that autumn arrived in SW Ohio while I was away last week:  1) the leaves are turning and 2) political signs are out.

I'm more tired tonight than last night and agree that the fatigue takes a while to set in.  Fortunately, my next two work days are 12-9 shifts, so I can sleep in a little each morning.

Vibes for DR Jane's travels.  

Trust me, Danise, snow is something I could never see again and be content.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2005, 05:19:09 PM »

This is becoming nauseating.  Columbus Day isn't a REAL holiday, you know.

Halfway through the packing - arduous.  Filling out the labels, signing the books, stuffing the envelopes (with the book and the sparkling something-or-other) and then filling out the delivery confirmation tag.

Isn't filling out the delivery confirmation tag something you can do online from their website?
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2005, 05:32:47 PM »

Somewhat tense day at the office today.  Wasn't able to check in here at all during the work day.  

I have the feeling some folks resented having to work on a day that most people were off.

FJL

« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2005, 05:33:48 PM »

Good travel vibes to Jane!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up